Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on 7/3/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 578post #8656 of 139494/5/13 at 8:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8657 of 139494/5/13 at 8:49amQuote:
Since I have no patience, I opted for the express shipping via DHL. It is so much easier and faster than dealing with USPS.post #8658 of 139494/5/13 at 9:04ampost #8659 of 139494/5/13 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivar
As for your problem with finding wide widths, it seems The Knottery carries 3" knits:
(I haven't tried them myself, but Kiyoshi at Put This On is a fan: http://putthison.com/post/45117330166/its-on-sale-the-knottery-silk-knit-ties-the)Quote:
I like them enough. Especially for $25.post #8660 of 139494/5/13 at 9:15amQuote:
calm yourself, friend. im not taking votes. you said that with certain SCs (navy was your example) a white shirt can be fine. now, maybe your leeway is not as broad as eds was, but as i understand you, its not a steadfast rule that white is a no go with a SC, just that it needs to be the right SC to work with a white shirt. if that is not what you meant, please correct me, i was not trying to twist your words, just trying to see what your take was on the subject.Quote:
exactly.post #8661 of 139494/5/13 at 9:21ampost #8662 of 139494/5/13 at 9:31am
Any suggestions for linen button downs with a decent collar roll? I might get one or two from M & S, but that's as many as my budget will allow - and I will wear them often in summer, so I'm thinking about getting more. Need a cheaper alternative that doesn't look like crap, at least for this year.post #8663 of 139494/5/13 at 9:37amThread Starterpost #8664 of 139494/5/13 at 9:40ampost #8665 of 139494/5/13 at 9:48am
Too bad CEGO doesn't have a website yet. I checked out with my current tailor, but the button down collar he offers is no bueno. No roll, looks like a regular point collar with buttons.
Massimo Dutti has plenty of availability here, but I generally hate their stuff. Might check it out though.post #8666 of 139494/5/13 at 10:02amQuote:
Brioni makes a 3" wide black knit, it is a fine knit (not a crunchy knit) which is good with suits anyway. I'm considering pulling the trigger on one myself. It has a self-colored embroidered "B" logo though, which should be a deal killer, but I might let it slide. Cappelli has a 3" but in navy only. 3" black is sort of hard to find. KW's is 2.75" and is inexpensive. That is a good option, especially for the budget conscious. Personally, I might end up going with a course grenadine instead but am not willing to give up the fight quite yet...post #8667 of 139494/5/13 at 10:03ampost #8668 of 139494/5/13 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Any suggestions for linen button downs with a decent collar roll? I might get one or two from M & S, but that's as many as my budget will allow - and I will wear them often in summer, so I'm thinking about getting more. Need a cheaper alternative that doesn't look like crap, at least for this year.
Barba.post #8669 of 139494/5/13 at 10:04ampost #8670 of 139494/5/13 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Renault78law
Brioni makes a 3" wide black knit, it is a fine knit (not a crunchy knit) which is good with suits anyway. I'm considering pulling the trigger on one myself. It has a self-colored embroidered "B" logo though, which should be a deal killer, but I might let it slide. Cappelli has a 3" but in navy only. 3" black is sort of hard to find. KW's is 2.75" and is inexpensive. That is a good option, especially for the budget conscious. Personally, I might end up going with a course grenadine instead but am not willing to give up the fight quite yet...
Any branded tie is a deal killer for me. The Brooks one was branded, so that killed it before the under 3". I won't wear a tie thinner than 3.25"
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 32 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Minor with Accounting major 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Compare Kitchens Howdens 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...