Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:10 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 567post #8491 of 140384/3/13 at 1:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8492 of 140384/3/13 at 1:45pm
May I ask for your thoughts on this shade of chambray?
Maybe it's too bright? It's from Mercer & Sons. After reading a couple articles in voxsartoria and die, workwear!, I'm becoming very interested in this brand, as a lover of button down collars. So I'm thinking of getting a shirt from them to see how I like it, and for spring/summer I would prefer it to be either chambray or broadcloth, not oxford.post #8493 of 140384/3/13 at 1:52pmpost #8494 of 140384/3/13 at 1:53pmpost #8495 of 140384/3/13 at 1:59pmpost #8496 of 140384/3/13 at 2:10pmpost #8497 of 140384/3/13 at 2:10pmQuote:
Just managed to catch her before she left for the day:post #8498 of 140384/3/13 at 2:14pmpost #8499 of 140384/3/13 at 2:21pmpost #8500 of 140384/3/13 at 3:27pmpost #8501 of 140384/3/13 at 4:17pm
I agree and that's why I haven't used a full Windsor knot in years - those are both double four-in-hands. Being mistaken for a Windsor wearer hurts, dude
Edited by Gerry Nelson - 4/3/13 at 5:47pmpost #8502 of 140384/3/13 at 5:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivar
You seem to be fond of using cardigans as ersatz vests, which I think sits ill with these kinds of business-y worsteds. Consider discarding. The first outfit is also beset by too much blueness; I would replace the tie with one in grey, brown or black, and switch the hanky for something that goes with the new tie. The second outfit is better, but I would replace either the shirt or the hanky (probably the shirt) with something less white.
Hmm, interesting. The reason for the cardigans is warmth more than anything - an overcoat would be too much and the suit by itself would be too little. Perhaps a scarf then - I'll give it some thought.
Regarding the first outfit, I'm not sure if I'd use a black tie but certainly grey or brown would work well.
I take your point about the white shirt - these days I'm gravitating more and more towards blue shirts. The white ones almost seem a little 'harsh' if that's the right word. The hanky is the Rubinacci Victory so it's creamy but has a number of other colours - it's just the way I was wearing it.
Thanks for the feedback!post #8503 of 140384/3/13 at 5:43pmpost #8504 of 140384/3/13 at 5:51pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 56 seconds ago
- › Insane Worldwide Pursuit for a DIESEL Belt 4 minutes ago
- › Vass stock clear out! $280 BNIB with shoe trees. sizes 40 - 40.5 -... 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 16 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 16 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...