Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:50 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:41 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 10:12 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 567post #8491 of 139464/3/13 at 1:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8492 of 139464/3/13 at 1:45pm
May I ask for your thoughts on this shade of chambray?
Maybe it's too bright? It's from Mercer & Sons. After reading a couple articles in voxsartoria and die, workwear!, I'm becoming very interested in this brand, as a lover of button down collars. So I'm thinking of getting a shirt from them to see how I like it, and for spring/summer I would prefer it to be either chambray or broadcloth, not oxford.post #8493 of 139464/3/13 at 1:52pmpost #8494 of 139464/3/13 at 1:53pmpost #8495 of 139464/3/13 at 1:59pmpost #8496 of 139464/3/13 at 2:10pmpost #8497 of 139464/3/13 at 2:10pmQuote:
Just managed to catch her before she left for the day:post #8498 of 139464/3/13 at 2:14pmpost #8499 of 139464/3/13 at 2:21pmpost #8500 of 139464/3/13 at 3:27pmpost #8501 of 139464/3/13 at 4:17pm
I agree and that's why I haven't used a full Windsor knot in years - those are both double four-in-hands. Being mistaken for a Windsor wearer hurts, dude
Edited by Gerry Nelson - 4/3/13 at 5:47pmpost #8502 of 139464/3/13 at 5:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivar
You seem to be fond of using cardigans as ersatz vests, which I think sits ill with these kinds of business-y worsteds. Consider discarding. The first outfit is also beset by too much blueness; I would replace the tie with one in grey, brown or black, and switch the hanky for something that goes with the new tie. The second outfit is better, but I would replace either the shirt or the hanky (probably the shirt) with something less white.
Hmm, interesting. The reason for the cardigans is warmth more than anything - an overcoat would be too much and the suit by itself would be too little. Perhaps a scarf then - I'll give it some thought.
Regarding the first outfit, I'm not sure if I'd use a black tie but certainly grey or brown would work well.
I take your point about the white shirt - these days I'm gravitating more and more towards blue shirts. The white ones almost seem a little 'harsh' if that's the right word. The hanky is the Rubinacci Victory so it's creamy but has a number of other colours - it's just the way I was wearing it.
Thanks for the feedback!post #8503 of 139464/3/13 at 5:43pmpost #8504 of 139464/3/13 at 5:51pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 31 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan