Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:57 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 567post #8491 of 141414/3/13 at 1:42pmpost #8492 of 141414/3/13 at 1:45pm
May I ask for your thoughts on this shade of chambray?
Maybe it's too bright? It's from Mercer & Sons. After reading a couple articles in voxsartoria and die, workwear!, I'm becoming very interested in this brand, as a lover of button down collars. So I'm thinking of getting a shirt from them to see how I like it, and for spring/summer I would prefer it to be either chambray or broadcloth, not oxford.post #8493 of 141414/3/13 at 1:52pmpost #8494 of 141414/3/13 at 1:53pmpost #8495 of 141414/3/13 at 1:59pmpost #8496 of 141414/3/13 at 2:10pmpost #8497 of 141414/3/13 at 2:10pmQuote:
Just managed to catch her before she left for the day:post #8498 of 141414/3/13 at 2:14pmpost #8499 of 141414/3/13 at 2:21pmpost #8500 of 141414/3/13 at 3:27pmpost #8501 of 141414/3/13 at 4:17pm
I agree and that's why I haven't used a full Windsor knot in years - those are both double four-in-hands. Being mistaken for a Windsor wearer hurts, dude
Edited by Gerry Nelson - 4/3/13 at 5:47pmpost #8502 of 141414/3/13 at 5:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivar
You seem to be fond of using cardigans as ersatz vests, which I think sits ill with these kinds of business-y worsteds. Consider discarding. The first outfit is also beset by too much blueness; I would replace the tie with one in grey, brown or black, and switch the hanky for something that goes with the new tie. The second outfit is better, but I would replace either the shirt or the hanky (probably the shirt) with something less white.
Hmm, interesting. The reason for the cardigans is warmth more than anything - an overcoat would be too much and the suit by itself would be too little. Perhaps a scarf then - I'll give it some thought.
Regarding the first outfit, I'm not sure if I'd use a black tie but certainly grey or brown would work well.
I take your point about the white shirt - these days I'm gravitating more and more towards blue shirts. The white ones almost seem a little 'harsh' if that's the right word. The hanky is the Rubinacci Victory so it's creamy but has a number of other colours - it's just the way I was wearing it.
Thanks for the feedback!post #8503 of 141414/3/13 at 5:43pmpost #8504 of 141414/3/13 at 5:51pmpost #8505 of 141414/3/13 at 6:44pm
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Official Sales Alert thread 26 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 34 seconds ago
- › Velasca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Exotic Leather Goods 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...