You could also try one of those chains that loop into the buttonhole on your lapel. Sounds a little pimpy, but you can pull it off if you have the confidence!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 562post #8416 of 126034/2/13 at 4:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8417 of 126034/2/13 at 4:09pmpost #8418 of 126034/2/13 at 4:14pmThread Starterpost #8419 of 126034/2/13 at 4:16pmpost #8420 of 126034/2/13 at 4:19pmpost #8421 of 126034/2/13 at 4:20pmpost #8422 of 126034/2/13 at 4:22pm
Well, there is an Italian designer (Isaia, I think?) that decorates all his lapels with a pin just like that. It's kind of a signature detail. You don't want to look like you're just trying to copy him.post #8423 of 126034/2/13 at 4:56pmpost #8424 of 126034/2/13 at 4:58pmpost #8425 of 126034/2/13 at 4:58pmpost #8426 of 126034/2/13 at 5:06pmpost #8427 of 126034/2/13 at 5:08pmpost #8428 of 126034/2/13 at 5:13pmpost #8429 of 126034/2/13 at 5:13pmpost #8430 of 126034/2/13 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Too true, The change in behaviour really unnerves me.
Thoughts on this combination?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I see you're going for the layered, Ralph Lauren look. I think the master would have mixed things up a bit more, though. A red tartan plaid tie would really excite things. Plus, a distressed surplus army shirt! Also, if you loosen your tie and unbutton your collar, you'll look more natural and less stuffy. Finally, try swapping out that dingy looking pocket square for a pair of Persols. Now we're talking!
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1621 Active Users (434 Members and 1187 Guests)
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 7 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 seconds ago
- › suppressing a jacket waist 28 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 56 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › The Bright Future Thread- pics of old folks wearing SW&D 1 minute ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 1 minute ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 1 minute ago
- › Alden Blucher - Chromexcel colour - WTF? 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)