Oh, I understand why you don't do it more often, but I do still wish that you did.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:28 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 557post #8341 of 140383/26/13 at 2:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8342 of 140383/26/13 at 8:31pmpost #8343 of 140383/26/13 at 8:37pmpost #8344 of 140383/27/13 at 8:30ampost #8345 of 140383/27/13 at 10:02ampost #8346 of 140383/27/13 at 10:07ampost #8347 of 140383/27/13 at 11:43ampost #8348 of 140383/27/13 at 11:45ampost #8349 of 140383/27/13 at 11:57ampost #8350 of 140383/27/13 at 1:16pm
I really like your fits. They are very coherent, and the way you sit when the picture is taken makes the clothes look natural and comfortable compared to the normal self-shots of lapels, PS and tie. (This is not an encouragment to anyone to stop taking those kind of pictures. Please keep them coming.)post #8351 of 140383/27/13 at 1:51pmQuote:
Yup, it's a blazer (smoked MOP buttons not seen in the picture). The fabric ended up looking more "suity" than I thought it would, but IMO the buttons and the shade of blue kinda save it from looking like an orphaned suit coat. Pretty happy with itpost #8352 of 140383/27/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by SHS
I really like your fits. They are very coherent, and the way you sit when the picture is taken makes the clothes look natural and comfortable compared to the normal self-shots of lapels, PS and tie. (This is not an encouragment to anyone to stop taking those kind of pictures. Please keep them coming.)
Thank you, nice to hear.Quote:
RD, is is the photo or are the gorge points a bit rounded?post #8353 of 140383/27/13 at 3:00pmQuote:
Yes, they are. It's the only thing I don't really like about the jacket, though I can live with it. All of the MTM lapel patterns my tailor offers are rounded like that, but I think it should be possible to get "normal" lapels as the tailor-workshop relationship is quite close. And if not, the lapels could probably be reshaped somewhat on the finished garment, I guess.post #8354 of 140383/27/13 at 4:36pmpost #8355 of 140383/27/13 at 8:37pmQuote:
i think it has to do with RTW availability. when i think of what i see on the racks, there are far more loud suits than SCs. i think so anyways. and i think that that may have to do with the fact that many people dont wear SCs at all, and when they do, they are using them in a formal function, and would not be looking for a loud SC. just a thought.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 5 minutes ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...