or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 557

post #8341 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

Thank you, but it is work and I am lazy.

Good eye on the pocket square, Mymil. It stays in place better than I expected.

Oh, I understand why you don't do it more often, but I do still wish that you did.
post #8342 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Nice to see you posting a pic, Doc

Definitely. Doc, that looks great, wish you posted pics more often!

+1
post #8343 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

This is an odd jacket with gray trousers:



thumbs-up.gif
post #8344 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

Soooooooo German...

But you're not active on stilmagazin, are you?


No I'm not. I can barely justify the time I'm wasting on here...

post #8345 of 12577
AppleMark
post #8346 of 12577

post #8347 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

 

Very nice. Is that a Cappelli garza grenadine tie?

post #8348 of 12577

almost. Cappelli knit

post #8349 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

That is a very nice tie.  Almost might make me rethink my dislike of knits. 

 

Blazer, I assume?

post #8350 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

AppleMark

I really like your fits. They are very coherent, and the way you sit when the picture is taken makes the clothes look natural and comfortable compared to the normal self-shots of lapels, PS and tie. (This is not an encouragment to anyone to stop taking those kind of pictures. Please keep them coming.)
post #8351 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balfour View Post

That is a very nice tie.  Almost might make me rethink my dislike of knits. 

 

Blazer, I assume?

Yup, it's a blazer (smoked MOP buttons not seen in the picture). The fabric ended up looking more "suity" than I thought it would, but IMO the buttons and the shade of blue kinda save it from looking like an orphaned suit coat. Pretty happy with it smile.gif

post #8352 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post

I really like your fits. They are very coherent, and the way you sit when the picture is taken makes the clothes look natural and comfortable compared to the normal self-shots of lapels, PS and tie. (This is not an encouragment to anyone to stop taking those kind of pictures. Please keep them coming.)

Thank you, nice to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Yup, it's a blazer (smoked MOP buttons not seen in the picture). The fabric ended up looking more "suity" than I thought it would, but IMO the buttons and the shade of blue kinda save it from looking like an orphaned suit coat. Pretty happy with it smile.gif

RD, is is the photo or are the gorge points a bit rounded?
post #8353 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post


Thank you, nice to hear.
RD, is is the photo or are the gorge points a bit rounded?

Yes, they are. It's the only thing I don't really like about the jacket, though I can live with it. All of the MTM lapel patterns my tailor offers are rounded like that, but I think it should be possible to get "normal" lapels as the tailor-workshop relationship is quite close. And if not, the lapels could probably be reshaped somewhat on the finished garment, I guess.

post #8354 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

AppleMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post



Well done! The lapels on the jacket in the bottom photo are a little wide for my preference, but overall, excellent combinations.
post #8355 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

This actually makes a lot of sense. I know I did this when I was first starting out.

i think it has to do with RTW availability. when i think of what i see on the racks, there are far more loud suits than SCs. i think so anyways. and i think that that may have to do with the fact that many people dont wear SCs at all, and when they do, they are using them in a formal function, and would not be looking for a loud SC. just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Nice to see you posting a pic, Doc

+1.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread