Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 554post #8296 of 135893/25/13 at 12:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8297 of 135893/25/13 at 1:08pmpost #8298 of 135893/25/13 at 1:26pmpost #8299 of 135893/25/13 at 1:27pmpost #8300 of 135893/25/13 at 1:39pmpost #8301 of 135893/25/13 at 1:44pmpost #8302 of 135893/25/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
Clapeyron: On the second outfit, is that a suit or an odd jacket? I'm assuming a suit but the colour of the jacket looks darker on my monitor in the first picture at least.
Love the green (grenadine?) tie.post #8303 of 135893/25/13 at 2:00pmpost #8304 of 135893/25/13 at 2:13pmpost #8305 of 135893/25/13 at 2:16pmpost #8306 of 135893/25/13 at 2:35pmFor a suit? That is going to wind up a very casual suit with limited usefulness. As long as you are okay with it, then no problem.
It seems that it's common for SF'ers to get it backwards. They get odd jackets that are too subtle and quiet, and suits that are too loud and strange. What is up with that?post #8307 of 135893/25/13 at 2:49pmpost #8308 of 135893/25/13 at 3:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
For a suit? That is going to wind up a very casual suit with limited usefulness. As long as you are okay with it, then no problem.
It seems that it's common for SF'ers to get it backwards. They get odd jackets that are too subtle and quiet, and suits that are too loud and strange. What is up with that?
Yep, I get your point, and that's exactly why I think of suits like this - because casual suits make more sense for me. I would wear it way more often than, say, a solid navy
This wouldn't be my next commission anyways, I have some more staples to get before that.
And yes, my current collection of odd jackets is pretty bad due to the two things you mention. Working on it.post #8309 of 135893/25/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
This actually makes a lot of sense. I know I did this when I was first starting out.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 20 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 26 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › New site (Fitbay.com) to help you find the right size? 9 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Things i dont understand 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Classic Men's Coats Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...