Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/29/15 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 554post #8296 of 139083/25/13 at 12:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8297 of 139083/25/13 at 1:08pmpost #8298 of 139083/25/13 at 1:26pmpost #8299 of 139083/25/13 at 1:27pmpost #8300 of 139083/25/13 at 1:39pmpost #8301 of 139083/25/13 at 1:44pmpost #8302 of 139083/25/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
Clapeyron: On the second outfit, is that a suit or an odd jacket? I'm assuming a suit but the colour of the jacket looks darker on my monitor in the first picture at least.
Love the green (grenadine?) tie.post #8303 of 139083/25/13 at 2:00pmpost #8304 of 139083/25/13 at 2:13pmpost #8305 of 139083/25/13 at 2:16pmpost #8306 of 139083/25/13 at 2:35pmFor a suit? That is going to wind up a very casual suit with limited usefulness. As long as you are okay with it, then no problem.
It seems that it's common for SF'ers to get it backwards. They get odd jackets that are too subtle and quiet, and suits that are too loud and strange. What is up with that?post #8307 of 139083/25/13 at 2:49pmpost #8308 of 139083/25/13 at 3:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
For a suit? That is going to wind up a very casual suit with limited usefulness. As long as you are okay with it, then no problem.
It seems that it's common for SF'ers to get it backwards. They get odd jackets that are too subtle and quiet, and suits that are too loud and strange. What is up with that?
Yep, I get your point, and that's exactly why I think of suits like this - because casual suits make more sense for me. I would wear it way more often than, say, a solid navy
This wouldn't be my next commission anyways, I have some more staples to get before that.
And yes, my current collection of odd jackets is pretty bad due to the two things you mention. Working on it.post #8309 of 139083/25/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
This actually makes a lot of sense. I know I did this when I was first starting out.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 16 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 17 minutes ago
- › Visvim Elmendorf A2 replica black XL 20 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 23 minutes ago
- › IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle,... 26 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 30 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...