Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:35 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 554post #8296 of 139493/25/13 at 12:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8297 of 139493/25/13 at 1:08pmpost #8298 of 139493/25/13 at 1:26pmpost #8299 of 139493/25/13 at 1:27pmpost #8300 of 139493/25/13 at 1:39pmpost #8301 of 139493/25/13 at 1:44pmpost #8302 of 139493/25/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
Clapeyron: On the second outfit, is that a suit or an odd jacket? I'm assuming a suit but the colour of the jacket looks darker on my monitor in the first picture at least.
Love the green (grenadine?) tie.post #8303 of 139493/25/13 at 2:00pmpost #8304 of 139493/25/13 at 2:13pmpost #8305 of 139493/25/13 at 2:16pmpost #8306 of 139493/25/13 at 2:35pmFor a suit? That is going to wind up a very casual suit with limited usefulness. As long as you are okay with it, then no problem.
It seems that it's common for SF'ers to get it backwards. They get odd jackets that are too subtle and quiet, and suits that are too loud and strange. What is up with that?post #8307 of 139493/25/13 at 2:49pmpost #8308 of 139493/25/13 at 3:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
For a suit? That is going to wind up a very casual suit with limited usefulness. As long as you are okay with it, then no problem.
It seems that it's common for SF'ers to get it backwards. They get odd jackets that are too subtle and quiet, and suits that are too loud and strange. What is up with that?
Yep, I get your point, and that's exactly why I think of suits like this - because casual suits make more sense for me. I would wear it way more often than, say, a solid navy
This wouldn't be my next commission anyways, I have some more staples to get before that.
And yes, my current collection of odd jackets is pretty bad due to the two things you mention. Working on it.post #8309 of 139493/25/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
This actually makes a lot of sense. I know I did this when I was first starting out.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › Repair of Nomos watch taking way too long 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...