Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:51 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:59 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 554post #8296 of 140383/25/13 at 12:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8297 of 140383/25/13 at 1:08pmpost #8298 of 140383/25/13 at 1:26pmpost #8299 of 140383/25/13 at 1:27pmpost #8300 of 140383/25/13 at 1:39pmpost #8301 of 140383/25/13 at 1:44pmpost #8302 of 140383/25/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
Clapeyron: On the second outfit, is that a suit or an odd jacket? I'm assuming a suit but the colour of the jacket looks darker on my monitor in the first picture at least.
Love the green (grenadine?) tie.post #8303 of 140383/25/13 at 2:00pmpost #8304 of 140383/25/13 at 2:13pmpost #8305 of 140383/25/13 at 2:16pmpost #8306 of 140383/25/13 at 2:35pmFor a suit? That is going to wind up a very casual suit with limited usefulness. As long as you are okay with it, then no problem.
It seems that it's common for SF'ers to get it backwards. They get odd jackets that are too subtle and quiet, and suits that are too loud and strange. What is up with that?post #8307 of 140383/25/13 at 2:49pmpost #8308 of 140383/25/13 at 3:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
For a suit? That is going to wind up a very casual suit with limited usefulness. As long as you are okay with it, then no problem.
It seems that it's common for SF'ers to get it backwards. They get odd jackets that are too subtle and quiet, and suits that are too loud and strange. What is up with that?
Yep, I get your point, and that's exactly why I think of suits like this - because casual suits make more sense for me. I would wear it way more often than, say, a solid navy
This wouldn't be my next commission anyways, I have some more staples to get before that.
And yes, my current collection of odd jackets is pretty bad due to the two things you mention. Working on it.post #8309 of 140383/25/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
This actually makes a lot of sense. I know I did this when I was first starting out.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › VINTAGE SCHOTT PERFECTO 618 SIZE 40 GOOD CONDITION 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...