To some degree, I agree. I would be amused by HRH's reaction to being accused of pandering to the iGentry (once one explained what it meant!).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 539post #8071 of 141223/18/13 at 2:54pmpost #8072 of 141223/18/13 at 2:56pmpost #8073 of 141223/18/13 at 3:21pm
I've heard people call other men "dandies" when they were wearing a simple SB navy blazer... I mean, if you already care enough about clothes to wear a nice SC when you are not required to, I don't think people around you are going to notice the difference between SB and DB. They won't go beyond the "nice suit" comment anyways...
Edited by RDiaz - 3/18/13 at 3:32pmpost #8074 of 141223/18/13 at 3:50pmpost #8075 of 141223/18/13 at 3:53pm
I think in a world where wearing a tie is considered dandy-ish a DB is just too much. A lot of guys here strive for a look that's nice to look at for the people out there who don't know the first thing about style, prompting them to notice something they can't quite put their finger on. Subtle is the word, isn't it?
DBs are a stylistic punch in the face for most people, imo. Even when I wasn't much into clothes I noticed when someone wore one. And I can't remember liking them for whatever reason. Maybe they were/are that much different from what most are to seeing.post #8076 of 141223/18/13 at 3:55pmpost #8077 of 141223/18/13 at 4:04pm
Well, so far no one has noticed my DB's were actually "different", while I've been called "dandy" for wearing a cream SB cotton jacket.
Really, at least around here, the buttoning type is the last thing people looks at. A glen plaid will catch their attention much quicker. Maybe it's because there are DB peacoats and overcoats all over the place.post #8078 of 141223/18/13 at 4:04pmpost #8079 of 141223/18/13 at 4:04pmpost #8080 of 141223/18/13 at 4:06pmThread Starterpost #8081 of 141223/18/13 at 4:07pmpost #8082 of 141223/18/13 at 4:08pmpost #8083 of 141223/18/13 at 4:10pmpost #8084 of 141223/18/13 at 4:15pmpost #8085 of 141223/18/13 at 4:19pm
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Looking for the brand name of this sweat shirt. 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 6 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Unhappy Bespoke Experience Review 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...