To some degree, I agree. I would be amused by HRH's reaction to being accused of pandering to the iGentry (once one explained what it meant!).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:56 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 539post #8071 of 139623/18/13 at 2:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8072 of 139623/18/13 at 2:56pmpost #8073 of 139623/18/13 at 3:21pm
I've heard people call other men "dandies" when they were wearing a simple SB navy blazer... I mean, if you already care enough about clothes to wear a nice SC when you are not required to, I don't think people around you are going to notice the difference between SB and DB. They won't go beyond the "nice suit" comment anyways...
Edited by RDiaz - 3/18/13 at 3:32pmpost #8074 of 139623/18/13 at 3:50pmpost #8075 of 139623/18/13 at 3:53pm
I think in a world where wearing a tie is considered dandy-ish a DB is just too much. A lot of guys here strive for a look that's nice to look at for the people out there who don't know the first thing about style, prompting them to notice something they can't quite put their finger on. Subtle is the word, isn't it?
DBs are a stylistic punch in the face for most people, imo. Even when I wasn't much into clothes I noticed when someone wore one. And I can't remember liking them for whatever reason. Maybe they were/are that much different from what most are to seeing.post #8076 of 139623/18/13 at 3:55pmpost #8077 of 139623/18/13 at 4:04pm
Well, so far no one has noticed my DB's were actually "different", while I've been called "dandy" for wearing a cream SB cotton jacket.
Really, at least around here, the buttoning type is the last thing people looks at. A glen plaid will catch their attention much quicker. Maybe it's because there are DB peacoats and overcoats all over the place.post #8078 of 139623/18/13 at 4:04pmpost #8079 of 139623/18/13 at 4:04pmpost #8080 of 139623/18/13 at 4:06pmThread Starterpost #8081 of 139623/18/13 at 4:07pmpost #8082 of 139623/18/13 at 4:08pmpost #8083 of 139623/18/13 at 4:10pmpost #8084 of 139623/18/13 at 4:15pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 52 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 52 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...