To some degree, I agree. I would be amused by HRH's reaction to being accused of pandering to the iGentry (once one explained what it meant!).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 539post #8071 of 139083/18/13 at 2:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8072 of 139083/18/13 at 2:56pmpost #8073 of 139083/18/13 at 3:21pm
I've heard people call other men "dandies" when they were wearing a simple SB navy blazer... I mean, if you already care enough about clothes to wear a nice SC when you are not required to, I don't think people around you are going to notice the difference between SB and DB. They won't go beyond the "nice suit" comment anyways...
Edited by RDiaz - 3/18/13 at 3:32pmpost #8074 of 139083/18/13 at 3:50pmpost #8075 of 139083/18/13 at 3:53pm
I think in a world where wearing a tie is considered dandy-ish a DB is just too much. A lot of guys here strive for a look that's nice to look at for the people out there who don't know the first thing about style, prompting them to notice something they can't quite put their finger on. Subtle is the word, isn't it?
DBs are a stylistic punch in the face for most people, imo. Even when I wasn't much into clothes I noticed when someone wore one. And I can't remember liking them for whatever reason. Maybe they were/are that much different from what most are to seeing.post #8076 of 139083/18/13 at 3:55pmpost #8077 of 139083/18/13 at 4:04pm
Well, so far no one has noticed my DB's were actually "different", while I've been called "dandy" for wearing a cream SB cotton jacket.
Really, at least around here, the buttoning type is the last thing people looks at. A glen plaid will catch their attention much quicker. Maybe it's because there are DB peacoats and overcoats all over the place.post #8078 of 139083/18/13 at 4:04pmpost #8079 of 139083/18/13 at 4:04pmpost #8080 of 139083/18/13 at 4:06pmThread Starterpost #8081 of 139083/18/13 at 4:07pmpost #8082 of 139083/18/13 at 4:08pmpost #8083 of 139083/18/13 at 4:10pmpost #8084 of 139083/18/13 at 4:15pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 8 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for 2015/04/03 - Get some color in your life! 8 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 13 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...