can you tell me who makes this suit cloth?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:00 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 537post #8041 of 139813/18/13 at 7:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8042 of 139813/18/13 at 8:12ampost #8043 of 139813/18/13 at 8:13amThread Starterpost #8044 of 139813/18/13 at 8:15amThe Prince, to me, is always one of the best dressed people on the planet. I have nothing to criticize about that outfit (could do without the pocketsquare) but to me, its classic Prince Charles, very well dressed, clothes that fit very well and nothing so in your face as that you see the clothes rather then the man. Basically, the exact opposite of what is popular in men's clothing as per the blogosphere/magazines/forums etc.post #8045 of 139813/18/13 at 8:19am
Do you reckon HRH's shirt and tie could be thought of in terms of 's post on the Italian background -- the idea that the internet wants to simplify that down to two solids, but in practice it's more patterned? Or are the patterns here too strong for that?
Of course, there's probably no less Italian context in the world, but can it be thought of in an similar manner?
My guess of, course, is that this thread is pretty opposed to wearing only one color,* but I have to admit this is nice enough for it. I sort of feel like all the blue is better than 3/4s blue and then one unrelated thing, but I could certainly be convinced otherwise.
*Edit: shows what I know.post #8046 of 139813/18/13 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Frankly, I don't think I see it as being as much of a problem as Foo does. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)The fact I never noticed it is telling, but I like to know why certain things are done, so I'll just strike a conversation with my tailor. On a more substantive note, I had my subsequent coats lengthened a fraction, plus made with slightly wider lapels, however.
The latter point was difficult. The cutter seemed to think that wide lapels would swallow my frame up, and he preferred more balance.
Good comparison of Foo's Neapolitan tailoring vs English tailoring below (I never specified anything on my blazer except to insist for a shorter length, swappable buttons, and smth professional). In retrospect, I think I cld have gone a little longer.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What I meant was; ignorance is bliss. You over thought it. As you were.post #8047 of 139813/18/13 at 8:34amQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
The Prince, to me, is always one of the best dressed people on the planet. I have nothing to criticize about that outfit (could do without the pocketsquare) but to me, its classic Prince Charles, very well dressed, clothes that fit very well and nothing so in your face as that you see the clothes rather then the man. Basically, the exact opposite of what is popular in men's clothing as per the blogosphere/magazines/forums etc.
Dumbo has the charisma of a box of lasagna and he's wearing a small collar shirt with a big DB, I like the square+suit though.post #8048 of 139813/18/13 at 9:50ampost #8049 of 139813/18/13 at 10:05amQuote:
I know that in France you need to be nauseously unctuous, sleazy, and a sex pest to be pass as "charismatic", so I'll put your words down to cultural relativism.post #8050 of 139813/18/13 at 10:57ampost #8051 of 139813/18/13 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #8052 of 139813/18/13 at 11:07ampost #8053 of 139813/18/13 at 11:08ampost #8054 of 139813/18/13 at 11:28ampost #8055 of 139813/18/13 at 11:42amAhhh "all these chicks clapping and they ain't using hands..." , now I get it, rather cheeky!
I don't get the creases either but I guess that's his thing. I like all the buttons being done on his coat (not that I would do it),in some ways to me its the ultimate symbol of his comfort in the suit. He buttons the thing up, goes about his life doing everything without ever unbuttoning/rebuttoning the jacket. The jacket has to be cut to allow for that type of mobility I would think.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › New to Business Casual 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 18 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 19 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth