can you tell me who makes this suit cloth?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 11/15/13 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 537post #8041 of 115263/18/13 at 7:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8042 of 115263/18/13 at 8:12ampost #8043 of 115263/18/13 at 8:13amThread Starterpost #8044 of 115263/18/13 at 8:15amThe Prince, to me, is always one of the best dressed people on the planet. I have nothing to criticize about that outfit (could do without the pocketsquare) but to me, its classic Prince Charles, very well dressed, clothes that fit very well and nothing so in your face as that you see the clothes rather then the man. Basically, the exact opposite of what is popular in men's clothing as per the blogosphere/magazines/forums etc.post #8045 of 115263/18/13 at 8:19am
Do you reckon HRH's shirt and tie could be thought of in terms of 's post on the Italian background -- the idea that the internet wants to simplify that down to two solids, but in practice it's more patterned? Or are the patterns here too strong for that?
Of course, there's probably no less Italian context in the world, but can it be thought of in an similar manner?
My guess of, course, is that this thread is pretty opposed to wearing only one color,* but I have to admit this is nice enough for it. I sort of feel like all the blue is better than 3/4s blue and then one unrelated thing, but I could certainly be convinced otherwise.
*Edit: shows what I know.post #8046 of 115263/18/13 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Frankly, I don't think I see it as being as much of a problem as Foo does. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)The fact I never noticed it is telling, but I like to know why certain things are done, so I'll just strike a conversation with my tailor. On a more substantive note, I had my subsequent coats lengthened a fraction, plus made with slightly wider lapels, however.
The latter point was difficult. The cutter seemed to think that wide lapels would swallow my frame up, and he preferred more balance.
Good comparison of Foo's Neapolitan tailoring vs English tailoring below (I never specified anything on my blazer except to insist for a shorter length, swappable buttons, and smth professional). In retrospect, I think I cld have gone a little longer.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What I meant was; ignorance is bliss. You over thought it. As you were.post #8047 of 115263/18/13 at 8:34amQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
The Prince, to me, is always one of the best dressed people on the planet. I have nothing to criticize about that outfit (could do without the pocketsquare) but to me, its classic Prince Charles, very well dressed, clothes that fit very well and nothing so in your face as that you see the clothes rather then the man. Basically, the exact opposite of what is popular in men's clothing as per the blogosphere/magazines/forums etc.
Dumbo has the charisma of a box of lasagna and he's wearing a small collar shirt with a big DB, I like the square+suit though.post #8048 of 115263/18/13 at 9:50ampost #8049 of 115263/18/13 at 10:05amQuote:
I know that in France you need to be nauseously unctuous, sleazy, and a sex pest to be pass as "charismatic", so I'll put your words down to cultural relativism.post #8050 of 115263/18/13 at 10:57ampost #8051 of 115263/18/13 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #8052 of 115263/18/13 at 11:07ampost #8053 of 115263/18/13 at 11:08ampost #8054 of 115263/18/13 at 11:28ampost #8055 of 115263/18/13 at 11:42amAhhh "all these chicks clapping and they ain't using hands..." , now I get it, rather cheeky!
I don't get the creases either but I guess that's his thing. I like all the buttons being done on his coat (not that I would do it),in some ways to me its the ultimate symbol of his comfort in the suit. He buttons the thing up, goes about his life doing everything without ever unbuttoning/rebuttoning the jacket. The jacket has to be cut to allow for that type of mobility I would think.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › 2013 College Football Thread 5 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 22 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 5 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw