can you tell me who makes this suit cloth?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:16 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: Yesterday
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 537post #8041 of 139963/18/13 at 7:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8042 of 139963/18/13 at 8:12ampost #8043 of 139963/18/13 at 8:13amThread Starterpost #8044 of 139963/18/13 at 8:15amThe Prince, to me, is always one of the best dressed people on the planet. I have nothing to criticize about that outfit (could do without the pocketsquare) but to me, its classic Prince Charles, very well dressed, clothes that fit very well and nothing so in your face as that you see the clothes rather then the man. Basically, the exact opposite of what is popular in men's clothing as per the blogosphere/magazines/forums etc.post #8045 of 139963/18/13 at 8:19am
Do you reckon HRH's shirt and tie could be thought of in terms of 's post on the Italian background -- the idea that the internet wants to simplify that down to two solids, but in practice it's more patterned? Or are the patterns here too strong for that?
Of course, there's probably no less Italian context in the world, but can it be thought of in an similar manner?
My guess of, course, is that this thread is pretty opposed to wearing only one color,* but I have to admit this is nice enough for it. I sort of feel like all the blue is better than 3/4s blue and then one unrelated thing, but I could certainly be convinced otherwise.
*Edit: shows what I know.post #8046 of 139963/18/13 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Frankly, I don't think I see it as being as much of a problem as Foo does. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)The fact I never noticed it is telling, but I like to know why certain things are done, so I'll just strike a conversation with my tailor. On a more substantive note, I had my subsequent coats lengthened a fraction, plus made with slightly wider lapels, however.
The latter point was difficult. The cutter seemed to think that wide lapels would swallow my frame up, and he preferred more balance.
Good comparison of Foo's Neapolitan tailoring vs English tailoring below (I never specified anything on my blazer except to insist for a shorter length, swappable buttons, and smth professional). In retrospect, I think I cld have gone a little longer.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What I meant was; ignorance is bliss. You over thought it. As you were.post #8047 of 139963/18/13 at 8:34amQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
The Prince, to me, is always one of the best dressed people on the planet. I have nothing to criticize about that outfit (could do without the pocketsquare) but to me, its classic Prince Charles, very well dressed, clothes that fit very well and nothing so in your face as that you see the clothes rather then the man. Basically, the exact opposite of what is popular in men's clothing as per the blogosphere/magazines/forums etc.
Dumbo has the charisma of a box of lasagna and he's wearing a small collar shirt with a big DB, I like the square+suit though.post #8048 of 139963/18/13 at 9:50ampost #8049 of 139963/18/13 at 10:05amQuote:
I know that in France you need to be nauseously unctuous, sleazy, and a sex pest to be pass as "charismatic", so I'll put your words down to cultural relativism.post #8050 of 139963/18/13 at 10:57ampost #8051 of 139963/18/13 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #8052 of 139963/18/13 at 11:07ampost #8053 of 139963/18/13 at 11:08ampost #8054 of 139963/18/13 at 11:28ampost #8055 of 139963/18/13 at 11:42amAhhh "all these chicks clapping and they ain't using hands..." , now I get it, rather cheeky!
I don't get the creases either but I guess that's his thing. I like all the buttons being done on his coat (not that I would do it),in some ways to me its the ultimate symbol of his comfort in the suit. He buttons the thing up, goes about his life doing everything without ever unbuttoning/rebuttoning the jacket. The jacket has to be cut to allow for that type of mobility I would think.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 25 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Suggestions for a full length overcoat? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds fifth street dress boots size 8 E 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories