can you tell me who makes this suit cloth?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:19 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 537post #8041 of 141533/18/13 at 7:02ampost #8042 of 141533/18/13 at 8:12ampost #8043 of 141533/18/13 at 8:13amThread Starterpost #8044 of 141533/18/13 at 8:15amThe Prince, to me, is always one of the best dressed people on the planet. I have nothing to criticize about that outfit (could do without the pocketsquare) but to me, its classic Prince Charles, very well dressed, clothes that fit very well and nothing so in your face as that you see the clothes rather then the man. Basically, the exact opposite of what is popular in men's clothing as per the blogosphere/magazines/forums etc.post #8045 of 141533/18/13 at 8:19am
Do you reckon HRH's shirt and tie could be thought of in terms of 's post on the Italian background -- the idea that the internet wants to simplify that down to two solids, but in practice it's more patterned? Or are the patterns here too strong for that?
Of course, there's probably no less Italian context in the world, but can it be thought of in an similar manner?
My guess of, course, is that this thread is pretty opposed to wearing only one color,* but I have to admit this is nice enough for it. I sort of feel like all the blue is better than 3/4s blue and then one unrelated thing, but I could certainly be convinced otherwise.
*Edit: shows what I know.post #8046 of 141533/18/13 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Frankly, I don't think I see it as being as much of a problem as Foo does. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)The fact I never noticed it is telling, but I like to know why certain things are done, so I'll just strike a conversation with my tailor. On a more substantive note, I had my subsequent coats lengthened a fraction, plus made with slightly wider lapels, however.
The latter point was difficult. The cutter seemed to think that wide lapels would swallow my frame up, and he preferred more balance.
Good comparison of Foo's Neapolitan tailoring vs English tailoring below (I never specified anything on my blazer except to insist for a shorter length, swappable buttons, and smth professional). In retrospect, I think I cld have gone a little longer.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What I meant was; ignorance is bliss. You over thought it. As you were.post #8047 of 141533/18/13 at 8:34amQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
The Prince, to me, is always one of the best dressed people on the planet. I have nothing to criticize about that outfit (could do without the pocketsquare) but to me, its classic Prince Charles, very well dressed, clothes that fit very well and nothing so in your face as that you see the clothes rather then the man. Basically, the exact opposite of what is popular in men's clothing as per the blogosphere/magazines/forums etc.
Dumbo has the charisma of a box of lasagna and he's wearing a small collar shirt with a big DB, I like the square+suit though.post #8048 of 141533/18/13 at 9:50ampost #8049 of 141533/18/13 at 10:05amQuote:
I know that in France you need to be nauseously unctuous, sleazy, and a sex pest to be pass as "charismatic", so I'll put your words down to cultural relativism.post #8050 of 141533/18/13 at 10:57ampost #8051 of 141533/18/13 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #8052 of 141533/18/13 at 11:07ampost #8053 of 141533/18/13 at 11:08ampost #8054 of 141533/18/13 at 11:28ampost #8055 of 141533/18/13 at 11:42amAhhh "all these chicks clapping and they ain't using hands..." , now I get it, rather cheeky!
I don't get the creases either but I guess that's his thing. I like all the buttons being done on his coat (not that I would do it),in some ways to me its the ultimate symbol of his comfort in the suit. He buttons the thing up, goes about his life doing everything without ever unbuttoning/rebuttoning the jacket. The jacket has to be cut to allow for that type of mobility I would think.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 7 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...