One of my favorite posters. Wish he was still around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:59 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 516
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7727 of 139343/12/13 at 7:19ampost #7728 of 139343/12/13 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Just so much effort. It feels fun and productive a lot of the time, but there is such a strong, dedicated contingent of people who speak out against my credibility, experience, etc., every single time I utter a word that the whole process becomes exhausting and self-punishing. I could comment that it's raining outside and someone would invariably demand to know when I became the expert on weather. Then that would go on for two or three pages.
This is a great shame. But I understand what you mean.post #7729 of 139343/12/13 at 7:27ampost #7730 of 139343/12/13 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #7731 of 139343/12/13 at 7:33amQuote:
Thanks Manton. Shirt is a BD. I like the clarification on appropriate cloth for a BD. I thought that the green in the PS was a bit much. Fortunately I can tuck it in such a way that almost no green shows.
Thanks IS. I feel naked without a square. I also feel naked without a beard, I guess you can relate.post #7732 of 139343/12/13 at 7:41ampost #7733 of 139343/12/13 at 7:45ampost #7734 of 139343/12/13 at 7:46ampost #7735 of 139343/12/13 at 7:48amThread StarterQuote:Smooth shirt with smooth suit=safe
Textured shirt with smooth suit or vice versa=edgy
Smooth shirt with textured/tweed jacket=bad tastepost #7736 of 139343/12/13 at 7:48ampost #7737 of 139343/12/13 at 7:49amQuote:
You can wear oxford with worsted suiting, and you can wear broadcloth/poplin with tweed. In the case of the former, you are more likely to be successful the more coarse the suiting. For example, a grey flannel suit with an OCBD can be really great. When it comes to wearing poplin with tweed, just be sure to pick a shirt pattern that is not too city.post #7738 of 139343/12/13 at 7:50ampost #7739 of 139343/12/13 at 7:54amThread Starterpost #7740 of 139343/12/13 at 7:56amQuote:
Ralph Lauren does this to interesting effect, e.g., in some of the RLPL advertisements. That being said, I've never been a huge fan of overtly "country" patterns (such as tattersalls) in smooth poplin or broadcloth. To my eye, they just look like an awkward compromise that fulfills the promise of neither the weave nor the pattern.
Not all non-city patterns are country patterns, obviously, but those that are should be kept in fabrics a bit closer to their roots, IMO.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1006 Active Users (150 Members and 856 Guests)
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 39 seconds ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Italy 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Saudi... 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Iraq 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In China 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Thailand 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Manipur 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In... 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Jharkhand 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Bhutan 2 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan