One of my favorite posters. Wish he was still around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 516
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7727 of 126633/12/13 at 7:19ampost #7728 of 126633/12/13 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Just so much effort. It feels fun and productive a lot of the time, but there is such a strong, dedicated contingent of people who speak out against my credibility, experience, etc., every single time I utter a word that the whole process becomes exhausting and self-punishing. I could comment that it's raining outside and someone would invariably demand to know when I became the expert on weather. Then that would go on for two or three pages.
This is a great shame. But I understand what you mean.post #7729 of 126633/12/13 at 7:27ampost #7730 of 126633/12/13 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #7731 of 126633/12/13 at 7:33amQuote:
Thanks Manton. Shirt is a BD. I like the clarification on appropriate cloth for a BD. I thought that the green in the PS was a bit much. Fortunately I can tuck it in such a way that almost no green shows.
Thanks IS. I feel naked without a square. I also feel naked without a beard, I guess you can relate.post #7732 of 126633/12/13 at 7:41ampost #7733 of 126633/12/13 at 7:45ampost #7734 of 126633/12/13 at 7:46ampost #7735 of 126633/12/13 at 7:48amThread StarterQuote:Smooth shirt with smooth suit=safe
Textured shirt with smooth suit or vice versa=edgy
Smooth shirt with textured/tweed jacket=bad tastepost #7736 of 126633/12/13 at 7:48ampost #7737 of 126633/12/13 at 7:49amQuote:
You can wear oxford with worsted suiting, and you can wear broadcloth/poplin with tweed. In the case of the former, you are more likely to be successful the more coarse the suiting. For example, a grey flannel suit with an OCBD can be really great. When it comes to wearing poplin with tweed, just be sure to pick a shirt pattern that is not too city.post #7738 of 126633/12/13 at 7:50ampost #7739 of 126633/12/13 at 7:54amThread Starterpost #7740 of 126633/12/13 at 7:56amQuote:
Ralph Lauren does this to interesting effect, e.g., in some of the RLPL advertisements. That being said, I've never been a huge fan of overtly "country" patterns (such as tattersalls) in smooth poplin or broadcloth. To my eye, they just look like an awkward compromise that fulfills the promise of neither the weave nor the pattern.
Not all non-city patterns are country patterns, obviously, but those that are should be kept in fabrics a bit closer to their roots, IMO.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1834 Active Users (485 Members and 1349 Guests)
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 19 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 20 seconds ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 54 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...