One of my favorite posters. Wish he was still around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 516
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7727 of 136533/12/13 at 7:19ampost #7728 of 136533/12/13 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Just so much effort. It feels fun and productive a lot of the time, but there is such a strong, dedicated contingent of people who speak out against my credibility, experience, etc., every single time I utter a word that the whole process becomes exhausting and self-punishing. I could comment that it's raining outside and someone would invariably demand to know when I became the expert on weather. Then that would go on for two or three pages.
This is a great shame. But I understand what you mean.post #7729 of 136533/12/13 at 7:27ampost #7730 of 136533/12/13 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #7731 of 136533/12/13 at 7:33amQuote:
Thanks Manton. Shirt is a BD. I like the clarification on appropriate cloth for a BD. I thought that the green in the PS was a bit much. Fortunately I can tuck it in such a way that almost no green shows.
Thanks IS. I feel naked without a square. I also feel naked without a beard, I guess you can relate.post #7732 of 136533/12/13 at 7:41ampost #7733 of 136533/12/13 at 7:45ampost #7734 of 136533/12/13 at 7:46ampost #7735 of 136533/12/13 at 7:48amThread StarterQuote:Smooth shirt with smooth suit=safe
Textured shirt with smooth suit or vice versa=edgy
Smooth shirt with textured/tweed jacket=bad tastepost #7736 of 136533/12/13 at 7:48ampost #7737 of 136533/12/13 at 7:49amQuote:
You can wear oxford with worsted suiting, and you can wear broadcloth/poplin with tweed. In the case of the former, you are more likely to be successful the more coarse the suiting. For example, a grey flannel suit with an OCBD can be really great. When it comes to wearing poplin with tweed, just be sure to pick a shirt pattern that is not too city.post #7738 of 136533/12/13 at 7:50ampost #7739 of 136533/12/13 at 7:54amThread Starterpost #7740 of 136533/12/13 at 7:56amQuote:
Ralph Lauren does this to interesting effect, e.g., in some of the RLPL advertisements. That being said, I've never been a huge fan of overtly "country" patterns (such as tattersalls) in smooth poplin or broadcloth. To my eye, they just look like an awkward compromise that fulfills the promise of neither the weave nor the pattern.
Not all non-city patterns are country patterns, obviously, but those that are should be kept in fabrics a bit closer to their roots, IMO.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1682 Active Users (407 Members and 1275 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 17 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 19 seconds ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T ((+91-9799138999)) VaShIKArAN... 26 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T ((+91-9799138999)) VaShIKArAN... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T ((+91-9799138999)) VaShIKArAN... 4 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...