One of my favorite posters. Wish he was still around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:41 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 516
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7727 of 140383/12/13 at 7:19ampost #7728 of 140383/12/13 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Just so much effort. It feels fun and productive a lot of the time, but there is such a strong, dedicated contingent of people who speak out against my credibility, experience, etc., every single time I utter a word that the whole process becomes exhausting and self-punishing. I could comment that it's raining outside and someone would invariably demand to know when I became the expert on weather. Then that would go on for two or three pages.
This is a great shame. But I understand what you mean.post #7729 of 140383/12/13 at 7:27ampost #7730 of 140383/12/13 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #7731 of 140383/12/13 at 7:33amQuote:
Thanks Manton. Shirt is a BD. I like the clarification on appropriate cloth for a BD. I thought that the green in the PS was a bit much. Fortunately I can tuck it in such a way that almost no green shows.
Thanks IS. I feel naked without a square. I also feel naked without a beard, I guess you can relate.post #7732 of 140383/12/13 at 7:41ampost #7733 of 140383/12/13 at 7:45ampost #7734 of 140383/12/13 at 7:46ampost #7735 of 140383/12/13 at 7:48amThread StarterQuote:Smooth shirt with smooth suit=safe
Textured shirt with smooth suit or vice versa=edgy
Smooth shirt with textured/tweed jacket=bad tastepost #7736 of 140383/12/13 at 7:48ampost #7737 of 140383/12/13 at 7:49amQuote:
You can wear oxford with worsted suiting, and you can wear broadcloth/poplin with tweed. In the case of the former, you are more likely to be successful the more coarse the suiting. For example, a grey flannel suit with an OCBD can be really great. When it comes to wearing poplin with tweed, just be sure to pick a shirt pattern that is not too city.post #7738 of 140383/12/13 at 7:50ampost #7739 of 140383/12/13 at 7:54amThread Starterpost #7740 of 140383/12/13 at 7:56amQuote:
Ralph Lauren does this to interesting effect, e.g., in some of the RLPL advertisements. That being said, I've never been a huge fan of overtly "country" patterns (such as tattersalls) in smooth poplin or broadcloth. To my eye, they just look like an awkward compromise that fulfills the promise of neither the weave nor the pattern.
Not all non-city patterns are country patterns, obviously, but those that are should be kept in fabrics a bit closer to their roots, IMO.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1559 Active Users (400 Members and 1159 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 30 seconds ago
- › If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed 1 minute ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 4 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 4 minutes ago
- › Help me understand my color choices 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...