One of my favorite posters. Wish he was still around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 4:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:10 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 516
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7727 of 139493/12/13 at 7:19ampost #7728 of 139493/12/13 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Just so much effort. It feels fun and productive a lot of the time, but there is such a strong, dedicated contingent of people who speak out against my credibility, experience, etc., every single time I utter a word that the whole process becomes exhausting and self-punishing. I could comment that it's raining outside and someone would invariably demand to know when I became the expert on weather. Then that would go on for two or three pages.
This is a great shame. But I understand what you mean.post #7729 of 139493/12/13 at 7:27ampost #7730 of 139493/12/13 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #7731 of 139493/12/13 at 7:33amQuote:
Thanks Manton. Shirt is a BD. I like the clarification on appropriate cloth for a BD. I thought that the green in the PS was a bit much. Fortunately I can tuck it in such a way that almost no green shows.
Thanks IS. I feel naked without a square. I also feel naked without a beard, I guess you can relate.post #7732 of 139493/12/13 at 7:41ampost #7733 of 139493/12/13 at 7:45ampost #7734 of 139493/12/13 at 7:46ampost #7735 of 139493/12/13 at 7:48amThread StarterQuote:Smooth shirt with smooth suit=safe
Textured shirt with smooth suit or vice versa=edgy
Smooth shirt with textured/tweed jacket=bad tastepost #7736 of 139493/12/13 at 7:48ampost #7737 of 139493/12/13 at 7:49amQuote:
You can wear oxford with worsted suiting, and you can wear broadcloth/poplin with tweed. In the case of the former, you are more likely to be successful the more coarse the suiting. For example, a grey flannel suit with an OCBD can be really great. When it comes to wearing poplin with tweed, just be sure to pick a shirt pattern that is not too city.post #7738 of 139493/12/13 at 7:50ampost #7739 of 139493/12/13 at 7:54amThread Starterpost #7740 of 139493/12/13 at 7:56amQuote:
Ralph Lauren does this to interesting effect, e.g., in some of the RLPL advertisements. That being said, I've never been a huge fan of overtly "country" patterns (such as tattersalls) in smooth poplin or broadcloth. To my eye, they just look like an awkward compromise that fulfills the promise of neither the weave nor the pattern.
Not all non-city patterns are country patterns, obviously, but those that are should be kept in fabrics a bit closer to their roots, IMO.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 930 Active Users (165 Members and 765 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 seconds ago
- › Hook and Albert Garment Weekender Bag 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** 11 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 21 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 23 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...