Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:32 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:01 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 514post #7696 of 139623/12/13 at 5:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7697 of 139623/12/13 at 6:28ampost #7698 of 139623/12/13 at 6:29ampost #7699 of 139623/12/13 at 6:35ampost #7700 of 139623/12/13 at 6:36ampost #7701 of 139623/12/13 at 6:37ampost #7702 of 139623/12/13 at 6:42amJust so much effort. It feels fun and productive a lot of the time, but there is such a strong, dedicated contingent of people who speak out against my credibility, experience, etc., every single time I utter a word that the whole process becomes exhausting and self-punishing. I could comment that it's raining outside and someone would invariably demand to know when I became the expert on weather. Then that would go on for two or three pages.post #7703 of 139623/12/13 at 6:46ampost #7704 of 139623/12/13 at 6:48amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Just so much effort. It feels fun and productive a lot of the time, but there is such a strong, dedicated contingent of people who speak out against my credibility, experience, etc., every single time I utter a word that the whole process becomes exhausting and self-punishing. I could comment that it's raining outside and someone would invariably demand to know when I became the expert on weather. Then that would go on for two or three pages.
If I may, and I dearly hope that I am not stepping out of bounds since you are a stranger to me, but some of that may be a reaction to how you put things. I sincerely don't want to start armchair analyzing, but it seems to me that a lot of the pushback is simply because sometimes some of us fail to fully understand the tone the other person is intending. But that having been said, I hope you start critiquing again because I think your advise is valuable. You are one of the few in this thread who actually has taken the time to give your opinion. I wish more would.post #7705 of 139623/12/13 at 6:51ampost #7706 of 139623/12/13 at 6:52amThread Starterpost #7707 of 139623/12/13 at 6:54ampost #7708 of 139623/12/13 at 6:54amThread Starterpost #7709 of 139623/12/13 at 6:54ampost #7710 of 139623/12/13 at 6:56amQuote:
Well, fair enough. You have been here much longer than I and you know your own personal history here better than me of course. Just the same, I hope you reconsider.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 10 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...