Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 514post #7696 of 133603/12/13 at 5:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7697 of 133603/12/13 at 6:28ampost #7698 of 133603/12/13 at 6:29ampost #7699 of 133603/12/13 at 6:35ampost #7700 of 133603/12/13 at 6:36ampost #7701 of 133603/12/13 at 6:37ampost #7702 of 133603/12/13 at 6:42amJust so much effort. It feels fun and productive a lot of the time, but there is such a strong, dedicated contingent of people who speak out against my credibility, experience, etc., every single time I utter a word that the whole process becomes exhausting and self-punishing. I could comment that it's raining outside and someone would invariably demand to know when I became the expert on weather. Then that would go on for two or three pages.post #7703 of 133603/12/13 at 6:46ampost #7704 of 133603/12/13 at 6:48amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Just so much effort. It feels fun and productive a lot of the time, but there is such a strong, dedicated contingent of people who speak out against my credibility, experience, etc., every single time I utter a word that the whole process becomes exhausting and self-punishing. I could comment that it's raining outside and someone would invariably demand to know when I became the expert on weather. Then that would go on for two or three pages.
If I may, and I dearly hope that I am not stepping out of bounds since you are a stranger to me, but some of that may be a reaction to how you put things. I sincerely don't want to start armchair analyzing, but it seems to me that a lot of the pushback is simply because sometimes some of us fail to fully understand the tone the other person is intending. But that having been said, I hope you start critiquing again because I think your advise is valuable. You are one of the few in this thread who actually has taken the time to give your opinion. I wish more would.post #7705 of 133603/12/13 at 6:51ampost #7706 of 133603/12/13 at 6:52amThread Starterpost #7707 of 133603/12/13 at 6:54ampost #7708 of 133603/12/13 at 6:54amThread Starterpost #7709 of 133603/12/13 at 6:54ampost #7710 of 133603/12/13 at 6:56amQuote:
Well, fair enough. You have been here much longer than I and you know your own personal history here better than me of course. Just the same, I hope you reconsider.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...