Who told you grenadines aren't good with odd jackets?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 4:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 3:04 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 493post #7381 of 139623/5/13 at 7:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7382 of 139623/5/13 at 7:15pmpost #7383 of 139623/5/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Manton said that? Really? He must have walked into a chandelier or something shortly beforehand.
But then, there was the time he told me to wear punch caps with my dinner suit. So, he can be wrong every now and then.post #7384 of 139623/5/13 at 7:17pmMy Mercer has great collar shape and perfect unlined feel, but the collar height is too low for my long neck. Fit is also circus-tent-like.
Ed, when you reference Individualized's "custom/bespoke" line, do you mean their higher-end "Yapre" or the regular MTM line? I have 3 of the OCBDs from the latter in "extra high," and while not bad, the collar roll is not as elegant as old BB, at least IME. I have several Yapre shirts which I think are really nice, but none with bd collar.post #7385 of 139623/5/13 at 7:22pmQuote:
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.post #7386 of 139623/5/13 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.
I dunno. He distinctly says it is more formal. That is the sort of thing Manton tends to know best, so I'm inclined to believe it is the case.
Still, if it is a rule, it is one I would not hesitate to break. The coarse texture of grenadine looks great with an odd jacket to me. In fact, it is often hard to distinguish from a knit, so I'm perplexed by the implication it is on the opposite end of the formality spectrum.post #7387 of 139623/5/13 at 7:41pmpost #7388 of 139623/5/13 at 7:47pmpost #7389 of 139623/5/13 at 7:50pmpost #7390 of 139623/5/13 at 8:01pmpost #7391 of 139623/5/13 at 8:03pmpost #7392 of 139623/5/13 at 8:05pmpost #7393 of 139623/5/13 at 8:10pmpost #7394 of 139623/5/13 at 8:15pmpost #7395 of 139623/5/13 at 8:26pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1596 Active Users (290 Members and 1306 Guests)
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ROBERT GELLER Hooded Fishtail Parka 5 minutes ago
- › "Slim fit" 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › ROBERT GELLER Denim Trench Coat 6 minutes ago
- › RICK OWENS Heavy Calf Stooges 6 minutes ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › RICK OWENS Treated Calf Leather Intarsia 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015