Who told you grenadines aren't good with odd jackets?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 493post #7381 of 141413/5/13 at 7:08pmpost #7382 of 141413/5/13 at 7:15pmpost #7383 of 141413/5/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Manton said that? Really? He must have walked into a chandelier or something shortly beforehand.
But then, there was the time he told me to wear punch caps with my dinner suit. So, he can be wrong every now and then.post #7384 of 141413/5/13 at 7:17pmMy Mercer has great collar shape and perfect unlined feel, but the collar height is too low for my long neck. Fit is also circus-tent-like.
Ed, when you reference Individualized's "custom/bespoke" line, do you mean their higher-end "Yapre" or the regular MTM line? I have 3 of the OCBDs from the latter in "extra high," and while not bad, the collar roll is not as elegant as old BB, at least IME. I have several Yapre shirts which I think are really nice, but none with bd collar.post #7385 of 141413/5/13 at 7:22pmQuote:
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.post #7386 of 141413/5/13 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.
I dunno. He distinctly says it is more formal. That is the sort of thing Manton tends to know best, so I'm inclined to believe it is the case.
Still, if it is a rule, it is one I would not hesitate to break. The coarse texture of grenadine looks great with an odd jacket to me. In fact, it is often hard to distinguish from a knit, so I'm perplexed by the implication it is on the opposite end of the formality spectrum.post #7387 of 141413/5/13 at 7:41pmpost #7388 of 141413/5/13 at 7:47pmpost #7389 of 141413/5/13 at 7:50pmpost #7390 of 141413/5/13 at 8:01pmpost #7391 of 141413/5/13 at 8:03pmpost #7392 of 141413/5/13 at 8:05pmpost #7393 of 141413/5/13 at 8:10pmpost #7394 of 141413/5/13 at 8:15pmpost #7395 of 141413/5/13 at 8:26pm
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1359 Active Users (325 Members and 1034 Guests)
- › Poor man's watch thread 15 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 25 seconds ago
- › Truman Boots 44 seconds ago
- › Ireland suggestions wanted 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 10 minutes ago
- › Casual workwear help! 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...