Who told you grenadines aren't good with odd jackets?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 493post #7381 of 126023/5/13 at 7:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7382 of 126023/5/13 at 7:15pmpost #7383 of 126023/5/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Manton said that? Really? He must have walked into a chandelier or something shortly beforehand.
But then, there was the time he told me to wear punch caps with my dinner suit. So, he can be wrong every now and then.post #7384 of 126023/5/13 at 7:17pmMy Mercer has great collar shape and perfect unlined feel, but the collar height is too low for my long neck. Fit is also circus-tent-like.
Ed, when you reference Individualized's "custom/bespoke" line, do you mean their higher-end "Yapre" or the regular MTM line? I have 3 of the OCBDs from the latter in "extra high," and while not bad, the collar roll is not as elegant as old BB, at least IME. I have several Yapre shirts which I think are really nice, but none with bd collar.post #7385 of 126023/5/13 at 7:22pmQuote:
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.post #7386 of 126023/5/13 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.
I dunno. He distinctly says it is more formal. That is the sort of thing Manton tends to know best, so I'm inclined to believe it is the case.
Still, if it is a rule, it is one I would not hesitate to break. The coarse texture of grenadine looks great with an odd jacket to me. In fact, it is often hard to distinguish from a knit, so I'm perplexed by the implication it is on the opposite end of the formality spectrum.post #7387 of 126023/5/13 at 7:41pmpost #7388 of 126023/5/13 at 7:47pmpost #7389 of 126023/5/13 at 7:50pmpost #7390 of 126023/5/13 at 8:01pmpost #7391 of 126023/5/13 at 8:03pmpost #7392 of 126023/5/13 at 8:05pmpost #7393 of 126023/5/13 at 8:10pmpost #7394 of 126023/5/13 at 8:15pmpost #7395 of 126023/5/13 at 8:26pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 2167 Active Users (407 Members and 1760 Guests)
- › Kansas City Chiefs vs Green Bay Packers Live Stream: Watch Thursday... just now
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 1 second ago
- › Indianapolis Colts vs Cincinnati Bengals Live Stream: Watch... 11 seconds ago
- › @@@@SPORTS@@@@!!~Temple vs Vanderbilt Live Streamin NCAAF 2014 23 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 26 seconds ago
- › Detroit Lions vs Buffalo Bills Live Stream: Watch Thursday Night... 27 seconds ago
- › NFL=WaTCh New England vs NY Giants live Stream 35 seconds ago
- › Atlanta Falcons vs Jacksonville Jaguars Live Stream: Watch Thursday... 44 seconds ago
- › @@@@SPORTS@@@@!!~Rutgers vs Washington State Live Streamin NCAAF 2014 55 seconds ago
- › @@@@SPORTS@@@@!!~North Dakota vs San Jose State Live Streamin NCAAF... 1 minute ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)