Who told you grenadines aren't good with odd jackets?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:19 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 493post #7381 of 139053/5/13 at 7:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7382 of 139053/5/13 at 7:15pmpost #7383 of 139053/5/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Manton said that? Really? He must have walked into a chandelier or something shortly beforehand.
But then, there was the time he told me to wear punch caps with my dinner suit. So, he can be wrong every now and then.post #7384 of 139053/5/13 at 7:17pmMy Mercer has great collar shape and perfect unlined feel, but the collar height is too low for my long neck. Fit is also circus-tent-like.
Ed, when you reference Individualized's "custom/bespoke" line, do you mean their higher-end "Yapre" or the regular MTM line? I have 3 of the OCBDs from the latter in "extra high," and while not bad, the collar roll is not as elegant as old BB, at least IME. I have several Yapre shirts which I think are really nice, but none with bd collar.post #7385 of 139053/5/13 at 7:22pmQuote:
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.post #7386 of 139053/5/13 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.
I dunno. He distinctly says it is more formal. That is the sort of thing Manton tends to know best, so I'm inclined to believe it is the case.
Still, if it is a rule, it is one I would not hesitate to break. The coarse texture of grenadine looks great with an odd jacket to me. In fact, it is often hard to distinguish from a knit, so I'm perplexed by the implication it is on the opposite end of the formality spectrum.post #7387 of 139053/5/13 at 7:41pmpost #7388 of 139053/5/13 at 7:47pmpost #7389 of 139053/5/13 at 7:50pmpost #7390 of 139053/5/13 at 8:01pmpost #7391 of 139053/5/13 at 8:03pmpost #7392 of 139053/5/13 at 8:05pmpost #7393 of 139053/5/13 at 8:10pmpost #7394 of 139053/5/13 at 8:15pmpost #7395 of 139053/5/13 at 8:26pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1657 Active Users (442 Members and 1215 Guests)
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › HD LIVE = Moldova vs Sweden live 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › HDQ TV = Canada vs Guatemala live 2 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...