Who told you grenadines aren't good with odd jackets?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:12 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: Today
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 493post #7381 of 140383/5/13 at 7:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7382 of 140383/5/13 at 7:15pmpost #7383 of 140383/5/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Manton said that? Really? He must have walked into a chandelier or something shortly beforehand.
But then, there was the time he told me to wear punch caps with my dinner suit. So, he can be wrong every now and then.post #7384 of 140383/5/13 at 7:17pmMy Mercer has great collar shape and perfect unlined feel, but the collar height is too low for my long neck. Fit is also circus-tent-like.
Ed, when you reference Individualized's "custom/bespoke" line, do you mean their higher-end "Yapre" or the regular MTM line? I have 3 of the OCBDs from the latter in "extra high," and while not bad, the collar roll is not as elegant as old BB, at least IME. I have several Yapre shirts which I think are really nice, but none with bd collar.post #7385 of 140383/5/13 at 7:22pmQuote:
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.post #7386 of 140383/5/13 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
Here is the post, earlier in this thread:
I also recall something similar from the thread about pattern coordination between jacket, shirt and tie. From re-reading the post, it looks like more of a personal preference than a rule.
I dunno. He distinctly says it is more formal. That is the sort of thing Manton tends to know best, so I'm inclined to believe it is the case.
Still, if it is a rule, it is one I would not hesitate to break. The coarse texture of grenadine looks great with an odd jacket to me. In fact, it is often hard to distinguish from a knit, so I'm perplexed by the implication it is on the opposite end of the formality spectrum.post #7387 of 140383/5/13 at 7:41pmpost #7388 of 140383/5/13 at 7:47pmpost #7389 of 140383/5/13 at 7:50pmpost #7390 of 140383/5/13 at 8:01pmpost #7391 of 140383/5/13 at 8:03pmpost #7392 of 140383/5/13 at 8:05pmpost #7393 of 140383/5/13 at 8:10pmpost #7394 of 140383/5/13 at 8:15pmpost #7395 of 140383/5/13 at 8:26pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1492 Active Users (379 Members and 1113 Guests)
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 17 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 39 seconds ago
- › The Madras Shirt thread 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › DROP: Zegna Red Cashmere Full Zip Minimalist Jacket - $2895+ - L /... 3 minutes ago
- › Freemans Sporting Club Isle of Man Jacket Medium Black NWT 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Freemans Sporting Goods Isle of Man Jacket Size Medium Black NWT 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...