Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:35 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 47post #691 of 139628/3/12 at 9:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #692 of 139628/3/12 at 9:30am
This is a problem area. I have a thick, not particularly long neck. I'm afraid that If I make the collar much taller, it will look like I have no neck at all. That said, a couple of those pictures feature shirts with shorter collars than my usual, and I agree that they are less than ideal. Latest MTM shirt has a taller collar that is probably the limit, but I like it.post #693 of 139628/3/12 at 9:39ampost #694 of 139628/3/12 at 9:42amQuote:
It's actually Attolini so go figure, hehe
and it's a sport coat. A linen tweed suit would be too much even for me. I'll post a different pic later because the colors must be off. The shirt isn't blue at all.post #695 of 139628/3/12 at 9:49ampost #696 of 139628/3/12 at 9:51ampost #697 of 139628/3/12 at 10:22am
This is a very entertaining thread; I've only just managed to find time to read through it. There are some really nice outfits and conceptual ideas here. Foo's fit #2 from his first pic post in the thread, gdl's #2 from his first one, and Manton's Wolfe one from a few pages back, particularly stick out as clever combinations. Sorry not to link back to the specific pics; didn't think to multiquote as I go and I'm too lazy to go back now.
What's most interesting is the attitude of approach to dressing: there's a real desire and willingness to dress well according to the boundaries of traditional good taste. I like to see that kind of dedication to a pastime. Its not a specific aspiration I share because I need to create a slightly different effect with my outfits* but there's more than enough overlap to enjoy this thread for what it is.
Kudos to you guys for putting in the time & effort!
(*conventional good taste can come across as too overbearing or correct to work effectively with my clients, whereas a bit of leeriness plays well with them in. A good example of that would be my tie choice today as seen in this outfit. And casually, I rather enjoy cocking a snook!)post #698 of 139628/3/12 at 10:28ampost #699 of 139628/3/12 at 10:29ampost #700 of 139628/3/12 at 10:30ampost #701 of 139628/3/12 at 10:32ampost #702 of 139628/3/12 at 10:34amQuote:
Correct on the collar. They are being fazed out, I promise. Incidentally, I gather from your own posts and those of others, you have also had shirts made by this maker, and currently have your shirts made by the maker that I have switched to, so I have followed part of the same path as you without intending to explicitly.
On the shoes, I'll warn you in advance you have zero chance of convincing me to abandon or even dislike these shoes, but I'm interested to know what is your objection, if there be an offense to some greater rule rather than just an offense to your tastes, to wholecuts and/or floating medallions?post #703 of 139628/3/12 at 10:44amThread Starterpost #704 of 139628/3/12 at 11:03ampost #705 of 139628/3/12 at 11:09am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › 2 or 3 button polos? 7 minutes ago
- › WTB: Zegna Centennial Collection Tie 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 14 minutes ago
- › T5 is a dud. Arnie should just retire. 14 minutes ago
- › Burgers....Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Burgers 17 minutes ago
- › deception 21 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...