or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 455

post #6811 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post

Another Liverano costumer:



And the academy award for "most faux-ennui in a fit pose goes to ...."
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

If I had to pick two classifications of people more suited to Styleforum than village idiots and attention whores, I'd be pretty well fucked.

And if we excluded them from a thread, it'd be quiet as a piss on cotton
post #6812 of 12577
http://vandafineclothing.com/store/neckties/152-navy-red-double-bar-shantung.html

The shantung navy tie with the double red bar is quite versatile, as illustrated on this page and the prior one. Vanda has a fine specimen, I might have to consider this purchase.
post #6813 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post

My sales thread is up.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/337511/whnays-sale-threak

thanks for the update, looks like its all gone though. well done.
--
Diaz - i like it.
post #6814 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

thanks for the update, looks like its all gone though. well done.
--
Diaz - i like it.
It's not, I just had to move it to separate threads. Just search for it - some good stuff still left.
post #6815 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post

It's not, I just had to move it to separate threads. Just search for it - some good stuff still left.

will do. thanks.
post #6816 of 12577

Today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://maxim-victorsf.tumblr.com


Edited by VictorSFreturn - 2/26/13 at 1:18am
post #6817 of 12577
Are double monks tasteful? They aren't my cup of tea but those do look nice.
post #6818 of 12577
Victor - nice suit. Is it just my imagination, or do you have your suit jackets made a little bit shorter than your odd jackets?
post #6819 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Victor - nice suit. Is it just my imagination, or do you have your suit jackets made a little bit shorter than your odd jackets?

 

 

All jackets have different.
Back length jacket ranges from 75.5 to 78.5 cm
The choice depends on the tissue (density, weight)
post #6820 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSFreturn View Post

Today.



KGB (Click to show)




















http://maxim-victorsf.tumblr.com

I'm not usually onboard with all your choices and I'm sure you're unbothered by that - as you should be.

But this is really tough to argue with.

Well played.
post #6821 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willin View Post

Are double monks tasteful? They aren't my cup of tea but those do look nice.
That's kind of a strange question, though I appreciate how it fits into this thread. If you are referring to VictorSF's shoes, then, in my opinion, they are a good illustration of how wearing something "just because" contributes to the #menswear/pitti/more cowbell look. I don't like it. But it is not like you will be sent to jail for wearing it. It just looks like you are trying to be fashionable, which is no crime (except on this thread).



I am sure you can tell I am trying hard not to say "No, they aren't tasteful." I am sure there is a casual look in which they don't look contrived, but I can't think of it and, in any event, it is hard to get around the fundamental pointlessness of the design.
post #6822 of 12577
My dubmunx are on dainite and I wear them casually. I'd agree they're a touch Pitti with a suit.
post #6823 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post

My dubmunx are on dainite and I wear them casually. I'd agree they're a touch Pitti with a suit.
I had a dainite soled pair as well - in brown scotch grain. I wore them with khakis or jeans, but eventually gave them away. They always looked better on the shelf than on the ground.
post #6824 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post

My dubmunx are on dainite and I wear them casually. I'd agree they're a touch Pitti with a suit.

I was unfortunate enough to buy a pair in black in 2010 and given the style, I can't wear them with formal suits, neither can I wear them casually, given the colour. Alas, they're expensive, still in a box at home, and unworn. They do look gorgeous, but not on my feet.

Maybe I should give them away.




Photos from Leather Soul.
post #6825 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

I was unfortunate enough to buy a pair in black in 2010 and given the style, I can't wear them with formal suits, neither can I wear them casually, given the colour. Alas, they're expensive, still in a box at home, and unworn. They do look gorgeous, but not on my feet.

Should I give them away?




Photos from Leather Soul.

frown.gif I've done plenty of things like that. Better to give them away and move on. Or hide them away in a closet and see what you think about them in five or six years. They do look nicely made.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread