Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:56 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:22 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 450post #6736 of 139492/22/13 at 6:29amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6737 of 139492/22/13 at 6:29ampost #6738 of 139492/22/13 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #6739 of 139492/22/13 at 6:42amWould it not be possible for you chaps to set up a thread wherein posting is invitation only? The thread could still be open to observers such as myself. Perhaps its a despotic idea, but despotism has its pluses. Because I think everyone who actually makes good use of this subforum is getting pretty tired of trawling through pages of garbage and shitty quips from village idiots and attention whores.post #6740 of 139492/22/13 at 6:47amThread Starterpost #6741 of 139492/22/13 at 6:48am
Repost since there are more advise givers online right now and I got no response last time. Contrary to what someone said, I for one really do want advise. That is the only reason I post here. Yes, it's nice when people tell you that you look good, but the criticism is more useful than the praise. Anyone who is willing, please be harsh.post #6742 of 139492/22/13 at 6:53ampost #6743 of 139492/22/13 at 6:56amQuote:
What would you have gone with? A different texture/pattern? My first thought was to go with a wool tie but I wanted to try and see if I could make a silk work in this case.
Yeah, it's a DFIH. I probably just like them because I was proud of myself the first time I tied one successfully.post #6744 of 139492/22/13 at 7:04ampost #6745 of 139492/22/13 at 7:10amQuote:Originally Posted by whnay.
Wool, no. Does the jacket have silk in it? If so, its harder to stride away from the shiny stuff. You are also in Dubai so I'm guessing this is the go to look while in country. There is nothing worse than looking like your going on a grouse hunt in the middle of the desert.
Tag says wool, no silk in this jacket. I'm actually not in Dubai at the moment, although admittedly still in the middle east so I guess that point stands. To be honest the go to look in Dubai seems to be black suit, pink tie, and full windsor. It's good to know that I'm not being offensive at least. That in itself is a big improvement for me.post #6746 of 139492/22/13 at 7:18amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
quite like this.Quote:Originally Posted by whnay.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
really like the watch, particularly the band. may i ask what it is?
interested pair ing with the shirt and suit. would not have thought of that.post #6747 of 139492/22/13 at 7:18ampost #6748 of 139492/22/13 at 7:23amThread Starterpost #6749 of 139492/22/13 at 7:30amQuote:
Thanks for the critique. The jacket says it's 100% wool but I think I get what you mean. It's got a tiny bit of a sheen and I don't know why. Will do on the repp tie next time. I have one that I think might look ok with it but it's shinier than the one I am wearing in the pic. Do you think I could get away with any shinier of a tie with this jacket?
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › YAECA White Cotton Short-Sleeve Comfort Shirt M BNWT 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...