Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 450post #6736 of 139342/22/13 at 6:29amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6737 of 139342/22/13 at 6:29ampost #6738 of 139342/22/13 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #6739 of 139342/22/13 at 6:42amWould it not be possible for you chaps to set up a thread wherein posting is invitation only? The thread could still be open to observers such as myself. Perhaps its a despotic idea, but despotism has its pluses. Because I think everyone who actually makes good use of this subforum is getting pretty tired of trawling through pages of garbage and shitty quips from village idiots and attention whores.post #6740 of 139342/22/13 at 6:47amThread Starterpost #6741 of 139342/22/13 at 6:48am
Repost since there are more advise givers online right now and I got no response last time. Contrary to what someone said, I for one really do want advise. That is the only reason I post here. Yes, it's nice when people tell you that you look good, but the criticism is more useful than the praise. Anyone who is willing, please be harsh.post #6742 of 139342/22/13 at 6:53ampost #6743 of 139342/22/13 at 6:56amQuote:
What would you have gone with? A different texture/pattern? My first thought was to go with a wool tie but I wanted to try and see if I could make a silk work in this case.
Yeah, it's a DFIH. I probably just like them because I was proud of myself the first time I tied one successfully.post #6744 of 139342/22/13 at 7:04ampost #6745 of 139342/22/13 at 7:10amQuote:Originally Posted by whnay.
Wool, no. Does the jacket have silk in it? If so, its harder to stride away from the shiny stuff. You are also in Dubai so I'm guessing this is the go to look while in country. There is nothing worse than looking like your going on a grouse hunt in the middle of the desert.
Tag says wool, no silk in this jacket. I'm actually not in Dubai at the moment, although admittedly still in the middle east so I guess that point stands. To be honest the go to look in Dubai seems to be black suit, pink tie, and full windsor. It's good to know that I'm not being offensive at least. That in itself is a big improvement for me.post #6746 of 139342/22/13 at 7:18amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
quite like this.Quote:Originally Posted by whnay.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
really like the watch, particularly the band. may i ask what it is?
interested pair ing with the shirt and suit. would not have thought of that.post #6747 of 139342/22/13 at 7:18ampost #6748 of 139342/22/13 at 7:23amThread Starterpost #6749 of 139342/22/13 at 7:30amQuote:
Thanks for the critique. The jacket says it's 100% wool but I think I get what you mean. It's got a tiny bit of a sheen and I don't know why. Will do on the repp tie next time. I have one that I think might look ok with it but it's shinier than the one I am wearing in the pic. Do you think I could get away with any shinier of a tie with this jacket?
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › www.!!एस्ट्रोलोजर !com+91-8890885680vashikaran to control husband 36 seconds ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 1 minute ago
- › ~BOY~ 7073347120 famous vashikaran specialist In KaRnAl 2 minutes ago
- › ~BOY~ 7073347120 vashikaran specialist astrologer In KaRnAl 2 minutes ago
- › ~BOY~ 7073347120 love vashikaran specialist tantrik In KaRnAl 2 minutes ago
- › God+91-9001354274 FAmouS astrologer In Pathankot 2 minutes ago
- › ~BOY~ 7073347120 vashikaran tantrik baba In KaRnAl 2 minutes ago
- › God+91-9001354274 FAmouS astrologer In Bangalore 2 minutes ago
- › ~BOY~ 7073347120 muslim vashikaran specialist In KaRnAl 2 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan