Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 450post #6736 of 131182/22/13 at 6:29amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6737 of 131182/22/13 at 6:29ampost #6738 of 131182/22/13 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #6739 of 131182/22/13 at 6:42amWould it not be possible for you chaps to set up a thread wherein posting is invitation only? The thread could still be open to observers such as myself. Perhaps its a despotic idea, but despotism has its pluses. Because I think everyone who actually makes good use of this subforum is getting pretty tired of trawling through pages of garbage and shitty quips from village idiots and attention whores.post #6740 of 131182/22/13 at 6:47amThread Starterpost #6741 of 131182/22/13 at 6:48am
Repost since there are more advise givers online right now and I got no response last time. Contrary to what someone said, I for one really do want advise. That is the only reason I post here. Yes, it's nice when people tell you that you look good, but the criticism is more useful than the praise. Anyone who is willing, please be harsh.post #6742 of 131182/22/13 at 6:53ampost #6743 of 131182/22/13 at 6:56amQuote:
What would you have gone with? A different texture/pattern? My first thought was to go with a wool tie but I wanted to try and see if I could make a silk work in this case.
Yeah, it's a DFIH. I probably just like them because I was proud of myself the first time I tied one successfully.post #6744 of 131182/22/13 at 7:04ampost #6745 of 131182/22/13 at 7:10amQuote:Originally Posted by whnay.
Wool, no. Does the jacket have silk in it? If so, its harder to stride away from the shiny stuff. You are also in Dubai so I'm guessing this is the go to look while in country. There is nothing worse than looking like your going on a grouse hunt in the middle of the desert.
Tag says wool, no silk in this jacket. I'm actually not in Dubai at the moment, although admittedly still in the middle east so I guess that point stands. To be honest the go to look in Dubai seems to be black suit, pink tie, and full windsor. It's good to know that I'm not being offensive at least. That in itself is a big improvement for me.post #6746 of 131182/22/13 at 7:18amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
quite like this.Quote:Originally Posted by whnay.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
really like the watch, particularly the band. may i ask what it is?
interested pair ing with the shirt and suit. would not have thought of that.post #6747 of 131182/22/13 at 7:18ampost #6748 of 131182/22/13 at 7:23amThread Starterpost #6749 of 131182/22/13 at 7:30amQuote:
Thanks for the critique. The jacket says it's 100% wool but I think I get what you mean. It's got a tiny bit of a sheen and I don't know why. Will do on the repp tie next time. I have one that I think might look ok with it but it's shinier than the one I am wearing in the pic. Do you think I could get away with any shinier of a tie with this jacket?
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Advice re: navy suit jacket 54 seconds ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 1 minute ago
- › Closed vs open channel stitching 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)