he's not 'murican tho
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 4:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:19 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 10:21 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 439
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6572 of 139492/19/13 at 11:17ampost #6573 of 139492/19/13 at 11:18amThread Starterpost #6574 of 139492/19/13 at 11:23amQuote:Quote:
not correct. i have tried it. it irks me to no end having the waist of my pants cross over my stomach like that and on my sides. i just find pants much more comfortable lower down my waist and right above my hips. its just what i find comfortable. what can i say.Quote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Just so everybody is clear - you don't achieve the high-waisted trouser look by taking your trousers and yanking them up to your belly button, bisecting your nutsack in the process. You need trousers with a high rise, that are made to be worn higher. If you're affecting your reproductive health, you're doing it wrong. In fact, if they're cut for braces, they'll be a little bit looser (since the braces are keeping them up), so everything should be a little more comfortable.
yes i know. that was funny.post #6575 of 139492/19/13 at 11:27ampost #6576 of 139492/19/13 at 11:30am
Just making the point that IME brown shoes with pretty much any suit stands out like dogs bollocks where I live and all of the countries I've been too. I've not been to Russia (is that where Victor lives?) though so it may not be applicable. I was under the impression that it's mostly just Italy and America where this isn't true, but you probably have a much more experience than me.
Not that I care about standing out, just that I thought that would be a negative ITT.post #6577 of 139492/19/13 at 11:36amThread Starterpost #6578 of 139492/19/13 at 11:43amQuote:
What square would you wear in that case? I'm tempted to do something similar next time I have to dress nicer than usual in the evening, but I shy away from pairing a white square with a white shirt.post #6579 of 139492/19/13 at 11:48amQuote:
In the photo - a pale blue shirt and pocket handkerchief white, with blue borderpost #6580 of 139492/19/13 at 11:49amQuote:
It's tricky. I have some sympathy with the 'is he American' comment: I agree it looks better, but in London in my experience blazer and greys with black shoes is far more acceptable than with brown (albeit blazer and greys is never even semi-CBD).post #6581 of 139492/19/13 at 11:54ampost #6582 of 139492/19/13 at 11:55ampost #6583 of 139492/19/13 at 11:58amQuote:
Well, Victor's trousers were not light grey. But in any event, the black shoes issue is more a matter of social convention than anything else over here.post #6584 of 139492/19/13 at 11:59ampost #6585 of 139492/19/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
I don't know if it's better as much as more Italian or American vs more English or French. There's nothing "wrong" with black shoes there IMHO, although brown shoes do allow more variation on what is a fairly standard look.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 20 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 38 seconds ago
- › NWT Mens Orlebar Brown x Nick Wooster Camo Blue Swim sz. 30 42 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › RRL Club-Collar Oxford Shirt - Blue/White Stripe - Cotton/Linen - M 1 minute ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...