he's not 'murican tho
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 439
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6572 of 140382/19/13 at 11:17ampost #6573 of 140382/19/13 at 11:18amThread Starterpost #6574 of 140382/19/13 at 11:23amQuote:Quote:
not correct. i have tried it. it irks me to no end having the waist of my pants cross over my stomach like that and on my sides. i just find pants much more comfortable lower down my waist and right above my hips. its just what i find comfortable. what can i say.Quote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Just so everybody is clear - you don't achieve the high-waisted trouser look by taking your trousers and yanking them up to your belly button, bisecting your nutsack in the process. You need trousers with a high rise, that are made to be worn higher. If you're affecting your reproductive health, you're doing it wrong. In fact, if they're cut for braces, they'll be a little bit looser (since the braces are keeping them up), so everything should be a little more comfortable.
yes i know. that was funny.post #6575 of 140382/19/13 at 11:27ampost #6576 of 140382/19/13 at 11:30am
Just making the point that IME brown shoes with pretty much any suit stands out like dogs bollocks where I live and all of the countries I've been too. I've not been to Russia (is that where Victor lives?) though so it may not be applicable. I was under the impression that it's mostly just Italy and America where this isn't true, but you probably have a much more experience than me.
Not that I care about standing out, just that I thought that would be a negative ITT.post #6577 of 140382/19/13 at 11:36amThread Starterpost #6578 of 140382/19/13 at 11:43amQuote:
What square would you wear in that case? I'm tempted to do something similar next time I have to dress nicer than usual in the evening, but I shy away from pairing a white square with a white shirt.post #6579 of 140382/19/13 at 11:48amQuote:
In the photo - a pale blue shirt and pocket handkerchief white, with blue borderpost #6580 of 140382/19/13 at 11:49amQuote:
It's tricky. I have some sympathy with the 'is he American' comment: I agree it looks better, but in London in my experience blazer and greys with black shoes is far more acceptable than with brown (albeit blazer and greys is never even semi-CBD).post #6581 of 140382/19/13 at 11:54ampost #6582 of 140382/19/13 at 11:55ampost #6583 of 140382/19/13 at 11:58amQuote:
Well, Victor's trousers were not light grey. But in any event, the black shoes issue is more a matter of social convention than anything else over here.post #6584 of 140382/19/13 at 11:59ampost #6585 of 140382/19/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
I don't know if it's better as much as more Italian or American vs more English or French. There's nothing "wrong" with black shoes there IMHO, although brown shoes do allow more variation on what is a fairly standard look.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 seconds ago
- › Church's Custom Grade Ashley black calf loafers Excellent condition... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › tailors in seoul korea? 19 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 19 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.