he's not 'murican tho
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 439
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6572 of 134002/19/13 at 11:17ampost #6573 of 134002/19/13 at 11:18amThread Starterpost #6574 of 134002/19/13 at 11:23amQuote:Quote:
not correct. i have tried it. it irks me to no end having the waist of my pants cross over my stomach like that and on my sides. i just find pants much more comfortable lower down my waist and right above my hips. its just what i find comfortable. what can i say.Quote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Just so everybody is clear - you don't achieve the high-waisted trouser look by taking your trousers and yanking them up to your belly button, bisecting your nutsack in the process. You need trousers with a high rise, that are made to be worn higher. If you're affecting your reproductive health, you're doing it wrong. In fact, if they're cut for braces, they'll be a little bit looser (since the braces are keeping them up), so everything should be a little more comfortable.
yes i know. that was funny.post #6575 of 134002/19/13 at 11:27ampost #6576 of 134002/19/13 at 11:30am
Just making the point that IME brown shoes with pretty much any suit stands out like dogs bollocks where I live and all of the countries I've been too. I've not been to Russia (is that where Victor lives?) though so it may not be applicable. I was under the impression that it's mostly just Italy and America where this isn't true, but you probably have a much more experience than me.
Not that I care about standing out, just that I thought that would be a negative ITT.post #6577 of 134002/19/13 at 11:36amThread Starterpost #6578 of 134002/19/13 at 11:43amQuote:
What square would you wear in that case? I'm tempted to do something similar next time I have to dress nicer than usual in the evening, but I shy away from pairing a white square with a white shirt.post #6579 of 134002/19/13 at 11:48amQuote:
In the photo - a pale blue shirt and pocket handkerchief white, with blue borderpost #6580 of 134002/19/13 at 11:49amQuote:
It's tricky. I have some sympathy with the 'is he American' comment: I agree it looks better, but in London in my experience blazer and greys with black shoes is far more acceptable than with brown (albeit blazer and greys is never even semi-CBD).post #6581 of 134002/19/13 at 11:54ampost #6582 of 134002/19/13 at 11:55ampost #6583 of 134002/19/13 at 11:58amQuote:
Well, Victor's trousers were not light grey. But in any event, the black shoes issue is more a matter of social convention than anything else over here.post #6584 of 134002/19/13 at 11:59ampost #6585 of 134002/19/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
I don't know if it's better as much as more Italian or American vs more English or French. There's nothing "wrong" with black shoes there IMHO, although brown shoes do allow more variation on what is a fairly standard look.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official Hair Thread 21 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 58 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Andrew Marc - Down Jacket - Fauxmula Size M 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...