Jezus, you're evil. You forced me to edit teh poast
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 4:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:19 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 10:21 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 432post #6466 of 139492/16/13 at 2:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6467 of 139492/16/13 at 2:04pmpost #6468 of 139492/16/13 at 2:06pmpost #6469 of 139492/16/13 at 3:14pmpost #6470 of 139492/16/13 at 3:45pmpost #6471 of 139492/16/13 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm 5'9" and I have never had that issue, particularly not to that extent. You have to work at getting that back blade like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who wear their ties like that buy ties longer than normal/then they should just to get that effect. Before the internet machine, I never, ever recall seeing someone with 3 inches of back blade showing.post #6472 of 139492/16/13 at 7:57pm
i was equally confused.Quote:
this was really good.Quote:
i see we are on the same schedule.Quote:
only you ed. so glad you are here.
as to tie length, i always tie a half windsor, im 5'10, and i have never had an issue with the back clade being too long. #jusayinpost #6473 of 139492/17/13 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
Contrast is something you can play with. Sure, medium to high contrast is most foo(l)-proof, but I thought this was the advanced thread, not the highschool thread. And besides tone contrast, there's colour contrast (and textural contrast). Medium blues, greys and browns for instance can be great together and provide enough overall contrast. Even ton-sur-ton is possible. Try things out and see if it works.
Sorry to quote myself and get back to this, but here's an illustration of what I mean. A casual fit (don't be scared) in grayscale:
The tonal contrast between jacket, sweater and jeans seems quite low.
But there's plenty of colour and textural contrast (even if you leave out the dark/light shirt):
Colour version (Click to show)post #6474 of 139492/17/13 at 7:39am
A bit of old
the rest here:post #6475 of 139492/17/13 at 7:45ampost #6476 of 139492/17/13 at 8:10ampost #6477 of 139492/17/13 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by poorsod
This pic illustrates my problem with RTW tie lengths. The front blade is at the correct position. Even if you tied a FIH with the front and back blades the exact same length, the front blade will be too long. One solution would be to use more length by tying a double FIH or half/full Windsor, but this will make the knot bigger. The best solution would be to shorten the tie, but it is not necessarily worth the cost. I doubt tall people have ever run into this issue.
Grass is always greener. I'm tall, and after discovering SF and Hober, Capelli, Marinella, I sold everyone of my ties (too short) and started replacing with proper length ones. Every season I see Ed's ties and can't get them. Also, I can't find a source for bespoke knit ties.post #6478 of 139492/17/13 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by JPHardy
Grass is always greener. I'm tall, and after discovering SF and Hober, Capelli, Marinella, I sold everyone of my ties (too short) and started replacing with proper length ones. Every season I see Ed's ties and can't get them. Also, I can't find a source for bespoke knit ties.
that makes mepost #6479 of 139492/17/13 at 9:46am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1687 Active Users (398 Members and 1289 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 25 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 26 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 29 seconds ago
- › Video Games 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Magnanni Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suit brands for short/thin guy? 4 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...