Jezus, you're evil. You forced me to edit teh poast
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 432post #6466 of 139082/16/13 at 2:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6467 of 139082/16/13 at 2:04pmpost #6468 of 139082/16/13 at 2:06pmpost #6469 of 139082/16/13 at 3:14pmpost #6470 of 139082/16/13 at 3:45pmpost #6471 of 139082/16/13 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm 5'9" and I have never had that issue, particularly not to that extent. You have to work at getting that back blade like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who wear their ties like that buy ties longer than normal/then they should just to get that effect. Before the internet machine, I never, ever recall seeing someone with 3 inches of back blade showing.post #6472 of 139082/16/13 at 7:57pm
i was equally confused.Quote:
this was really good.Quote:
i see we are on the same schedule.Quote:
only you ed. so glad you are here.
as to tie length, i always tie a half windsor, im 5'10, and i have never had an issue with the back clade being too long. #jusayinpost #6473 of 139082/17/13 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
Contrast is something you can play with. Sure, medium to high contrast is most foo(l)-proof, but I thought this was the advanced thread, not the highschool thread. And besides tone contrast, there's colour contrast (and textural contrast). Medium blues, greys and browns for instance can be great together and provide enough overall contrast. Even ton-sur-ton is possible. Try things out and see if it works.
Sorry to quote myself and get back to this, but here's an illustration of what I mean. A casual fit (don't be scared) in grayscale:
The tonal contrast between jacket, sweater and jeans seems quite low.
But there's plenty of colour and textural contrast (even if you leave out the dark/light shirt):
Colour version (Click to show)post #6474 of 139082/17/13 at 7:39am
A bit of old
the rest here:post #6475 of 139082/17/13 at 7:45ampost #6476 of 139082/17/13 at 8:10ampost #6477 of 139082/17/13 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by poorsod
This pic illustrates my problem with RTW tie lengths. The front blade is at the correct position. Even if you tied a FIH with the front and back blades the exact same length, the front blade will be too long. One solution would be to use more length by tying a double FIH or half/full Windsor, but this will make the knot bigger. The best solution would be to shorten the tie, but it is not necessarily worth the cost. I doubt tall people have ever run into this issue.
Grass is always greener. I'm tall, and after discovering SF and Hober, Capelli, Marinella, I sold everyone of my ties (too short) and started replacing with proper length ones. Every season I see Ed's ties and can't get them. Also, I can't find a source for bespoke knit ties.post #6478 of 139082/17/13 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by JPHardy
Grass is always greener. I'm tall, and after discovering SF and Hober, Capelli, Marinella, I sold everyone of my ties (too short) and started replacing with proper length ones. Every season I see Ed's ties and can't get them. Also, I can't find a source for bespoke knit ties.
that makes mepost #6479 of 139082/17/13 at 9:46am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1651 Active Users (413 Members and 1238 Guests)
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 second ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 57 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers CHALLENGE Thread 13/Mar/15 - 30/Mar/15 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan Cigar Brown Chukka Boots 9D Barrie Last 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...