Jezus, you're evil. You forced me to edit teh poast
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 432post #6466 of 126022/16/13 at 2:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6467 of 126022/16/13 at 2:04pmpost #6468 of 126022/16/13 at 2:06pmpost #6469 of 126022/16/13 at 3:14pmpost #6470 of 126022/16/13 at 3:45pmpost #6471 of 126022/16/13 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm 5'9" and I have never had that issue, particularly not to that extent. You have to work at getting that back blade like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who wear their ties like that buy ties longer than normal/then they should just to get that effect. Before the internet machine, I never, ever recall seeing someone with 3 inches of back blade showing.post #6472 of 126022/16/13 at 7:57pm
i was equally confused.Quote:
this was really good.Quote:
i see we are on the same schedule.Quote:
only you ed. so glad you are here.
as to tie length, i always tie a half windsor, im 5'10, and i have never had an issue with the back clade being too long. #jusayinpost #6473 of 126022/17/13 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
Contrast is something you can play with. Sure, medium to high contrast is most foo(l)-proof, but I thought this was the advanced thread, not the highschool thread. And besides tone contrast, there's colour contrast (and textural contrast). Medium blues, greys and browns for instance can be great together and provide enough overall contrast. Even ton-sur-ton is possible. Try things out and see if it works.
Sorry to quote myself and get back to this, but here's an illustration of what I mean. A casual fit (don't be scared) in grayscale:
The tonal contrast between jacket, sweater and jeans seems quite low.
But there's plenty of colour and textural contrast (even if you leave out the dark/light shirt):
Colour version (Click to show)post #6474 of 126022/17/13 at 7:39am
A bit of old
the rest here:post #6475 of 126022/17/13 at 7:45ampost #6476 of 126022/17/13 at 8:10ampost #6477 of 126022/17/13 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by poorsod
This pic illustrates my problem with RTW tie lengths. The front blade is at the correct position. Even if you tied a FIH with the front and back blades the exact same length, the front blade will be too long. One solution would be to use more length by tying a double FIH or half/full Windsor, but this will make the knot bigger. The best solution would be to shorten the tie, but it is not necessarily worth the cost. I doubt tall people have ever run into this issue.
Grass is always greener. I'm tall, and after discovering SF and Hober, Capelli, Marinella, I sold everyone of my ties (too short) and started replacing with proper length ones. Every season I see Ed's ties and can't get them. Also, I can't find a source for bespoke knit ties.post #6478 of 126022/17/13 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by JPHardy
Grass is always greener. I'm tall, and after discovering SF and Hober, Capelli, Marinella, I sold everyone of my ties (too short) and started replacing with proper length ones. Every season I see Ed's ties and can't get them. Also, I can't find a source for bespoke knit ties.
that makes mepost #6479 of 126022/17/13 at 9:46am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1433 Active Users (225 Members and 1208 Guests)
- › Recent purchases - Part II 57 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Needles Rebuild BDU Shawl Collar Jacket Size M 10 minutes ago
- › Acne Ace Jeans 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 minutes ago
- › Charles Tyrwhitt 28 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous 15oz premium leather belt 31 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 36 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)