Jezus, you're evil. You forced me to edit teh poast
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:56 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 7:17 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: Yesterday
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 432post #6466 of 140382/16/13 at 2:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6467 of 140382/16/13 at 2:04pmpost #6468 of 140382/16/13 at 2:06pmpost #6469 of 140382/16/13 at 3:14pmpost #6470 of 140382/16/13 at 3:45pmpost #6471 of 140382/16/13 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm 5'9" and I have never had that issue, particularly not to that extent. You have to work at getting that back blade like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who wear their ties like that buy ties longer than normal/then they should just to get that effect. Before the internet machine, I never, ever recall seeing someone with 3 inches of back blade showing.post #6472 of 140382/16/13 at 7:57pm
i was equally confused.Quote:
this was really good.Quote:
i see we are on the same schedule.Quote:
only you ed. so glad you are here.
as to tie length, i always tie a half windsor, im 5'10, and i have never had an issue with the back clade being too long. #jusayinpost #6473 of 140382/17/13 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
Contrast is something you can play with. Sure, medium to high contrast is most foo(l)-proof, but I thought this was the advanced thread, not the highschool thread. And besides tone contrast, there's colour contrast (and textural contrast). Medium blues, greys and browns for instance can be great together and provide enough overall contrast. Even ton-sur-ton is possible. Try things out and see if it works.
Sorry to quote myself and get back to this, but here's an illustration of what I mean. A casual fit (don't be scared) in grayscale:
The tonal contrast between jacket, sweater and jeans seems quite low.
But there's plenty of colour and textural contrast (even if you leave out the dark/light shirt):
Colour version (Click to show)post #6474 of 140382/17/13 at 7:39am
A bit of old
the rest here:post #6475 of 140382/17/13 at 7:45ampost #6476 of 140382/17/13 at 8:10ampost #6477 of 140382/17/13 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by poorsod
This pic illustrates my problem with RTW tie lengths. The front blade is at the correct position. Even if you tied a FIH with the front and back blades the exact same length, the front blade will be too long. One solution would be to use more length by tying a double FIH or half/full Windsor, but this will make the knot bigger. The best solution would be to shorten the tie, but it is not necessarily worth the cost. I doubt tall people have ever run into this issue.
Grass is always greener. I'm tall, and after discovering SF and Hober, Capelli, Marinella, I sold everyone of my ties (too short) and started replacing with proper length ones. Every season I see Ed's ties and can't get them. Also, I can't find a source for bespoke knit ties.post #6478 of 140382/17/13 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by JPHardy
Grass is always greener. I'm tall, and after discovering SF and Hober, Capelli, Marinella, I sold everyone of my ties (too short) and started replacing with proper length ones. Every season I see Ed's ties and can't get them. Also, I can't find a source for bespoke knit ties.
that makes mepost #6479 of 140382/17/13 at 9:46am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1657 Active Users (386 Members and 1271 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 45 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Folded Up Shirt P0rn 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1