I'm trying to think of the appropriate emoticon with which to respond to this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:16 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 426post #6376 of 139812/14/13 at 10:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6377 of 139812/14/13 at 10:08pmpost #6378 of 139812/14/13 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Indubidibly. However, we're talking about the image as is and I don't think GIMP and photoshop will do a terribly different job at color grabbing. Edit: Specifically, thinking about it (obviously) because the color coordinates of each pixel should be directly computable from the compressed file.
This is totally correct though.
Indeed, though I was referring to the camera firmware.
Also, how do we not have an emoticon with a monocle and top hat? I mean, really. That would easily be one of the most used emoticons on this forum.post #6379 of 139812/14/13 at 10:39pmQuote:
Only on SF would camera firmware become part of the analysis of a fit.post #6380 of 139812/14/13 at 10:48pmpost #6381 of 139812/15/13 at 12:10ampost #6382 of 139812/15/13 at 1:28ampost #6383 of 139812/15/13 at 1:47ampost #6384 of 139812/15/13 at 2:11ampost #6385 of 139812/15/13 at 2:38ampost #6386 of 139812/15/13 at 3:08ampost #6387 of 139812/15/13 at 4:29ampost #6388 of 139812/15/13 at 5:30ampost #6389 of 139812/15/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
NO FUCKING SHIT people don't look at you in grayscale. But based on what you've put together, they can probably detect brightness and contrast better than you can. I suggested looking at your outfit in black and white so that the colors don't distract you from the fact the brightness of your square and suit are almost dead-on with each other, while your tie is far, far darker than anything else. I could tell this immediately because the outfit "clashes" and the tie "sticks out," but wanted to give you a more technical walkthrough of what you did wrong and give you a way to see it more clearly. I'm sure you think you look great--but, uhh, no.
So let me give you what you really want:
AWESOME STEEZ MAN!!! WHEREDOIKOP???
I can hand those out all day. Vapid shit like that is easy to spew out. If that's what you want, move on over to WAYWRN.
Yet again, you misunderstand me. I don't seek your approval. This thread was much more useful when your voice was one of several. When it was a discussion. Now, it's the Show.Quote:Originally Posted by mktitsworthQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Except, your analysis depends completely on the spots you select to measure the values for. The eyes are better at telling the story here:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The problem with this is that you've projected out all of the variance. If you look at the color values, the difference from the grey line of two of them isn't terribly great, however the vector differences between the colors obviously are. You can grey scale it all you want, but you lose information, and the information you've lost makes you wrong. We could also look at this in HSV, which would also show the problem with your analysis.
This.post #6390 of 139812/15/13 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by CaymanS
Link to victory square for those who wanna bite Teh Manton's impeccable steez:
One benefit to having this pocket square is that if you are dining at any restaurant in little italy, you can take it out of your pocket and use it as an appropriate wall decoration. I can't tell you how many times I've sat down at Umberto's Clam House and thought "I wish I could take that painting off the wall and use it as a pocket square."
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1207 Active Users (234 Members and 973 Guests)
- › What do you think of this leather weekender from Whipping Post...+... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › How snug/loose should brand new loafers fit? 14 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 15 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 18 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 19 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 21 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...