I'm trying to think of the appropriate emoticon with which to respond to this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:08 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 426post #6376 of 141152/14/13 at 10:07pmpost #6377 of 141152/14/13 at 10:08pmpost #6378 of 141152/14/13 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Indubidibly. However, we're talking about the image as is and I don't think GIMP and photoshop will do a terribly different job at color grabbing. Edit: Specifically, thinking about it (obviously) because the color coordinates of each pixel should be directly computable from the compressed file.
This is totally correct though.
Indeed, though I was referring to the camera firmware.
Also, how do we not have an emoticon with a monocle and top hat? I mean, really. That would easily be one of the most used emoticons on this forum.post #6379 of 141152/14/13 at 10:39pmQuote:
Only on SF would camera firmware become part of the analysis of a fit.post #6380 of 141152/14/13 at 10:48pmpost #6381 of 141152/15/13 at 12:10ampost #6382 of 141152/15/13 at 1:28ampost #6383 of 141152/15/13 at 1:47ampost #6384 of 141152/15/13 at 2:11ampost #6385 of 141152/15/13 at 2:38ampost #6386 of 141152/15/13 at 3:08ampost #6387 of 141152/15/13 at 4:29ampost #6388 of 141152/15/13 at 5:30ampost #6389 of 141152/15/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
NO FUCKING SHIT people don't look at you in grayscale. But based on what you've put together, they can probably detect brightness and contrast better than you can. I suggested looking at your outfit in black and white so that the colors don't distract you from the fact the brightness of your square and suit are almost dead-on with each other, while your tie is far, far darker than anything else. I could tell this immediately because the outfit "clashes" and the tie "sticks out," but wanted to give you a more technical walkthrough of what you did wrong and give you a way to see it more clearly. I'm sure you think you look great--but, uhh, no.
So let me give you what you really want:
AWESOME STEEZ MAN!!! WHEREDOIKOP???
I can hand those out all day. Vapid shit like that is easy to spew out. If that's what you want, move on over to WAYWRN.
Yet again, you misunderstand me. I don't seek your approval. This thread was much more useful when your voice was one of several. When it was a discussion. Now, it's the Show.Quote:Originally Posted by mktitsworthQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Except, your analysis depends completely on the spots you select to measure the values for. The eyes are better at telling the story here:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The problem with this is that you've projected out all of the variance. If you look at the color values, the difference from the grey line of two of them isn't terribly great, however the vector differences between the colors obviously are. You can grey scale it all you want, but you lose information, and the information you've lost makes you wrong. We could also look at this in HSV, which would also show the problem with your analysis.
This.post #6390 of 141152/15/13 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by CaymanS
Link to victory square for those who wanna bite Teh Manton's impeccable steez:
One benefit to having this pocket square is that if you are dining at any restaurant in little italy, you can take it out of your pocket and use it as an appropriate wall decoration. I can't tell you how many times I've sat down at Umberto's Clam House and thought "I wish I could take that painting off the wall and use it as a pocket square."
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1433 Active Users (311 Members and 1122 Guests)
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Cashmere/Silk Blazer - 40R - Mint 12 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding