Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 4:20 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 414
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6197 of 139342/13/13 at 8:52ampost #6198 of 139342/13/13 at 8:57am
That tie is awesome, UBR. The sort of tie that I absolutely love. It isn't available at the web catalog, is it?
I'm inclined to think neats look acceptable with more "country" outfits if the silk is matte, and the figures are of a med to large size, resembling vintage prints. But not sure I'm right. Your example works IMO.post #6199 of 139342/13/13 at 9:04ampost #6200 of 139342/13/13 at 9:07ampost #6201 of 139342/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6202 of 139342/13/13 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Balfour
The problem is the Scylla of flying under false colours and the Charybdis of flaunting institutional affiliation. Too much risk of ending up wearing the colours of some obscure regiment or of being seen (like one of our former Deputy Prime Ministers) as being the sort who 'wore his Guards tie a little too often'. In other words, a British class CF.
Sorry to generalize, but that tie and it's colour, is classic, and something an Englishman would wear. Well, you're one. I like that tie, -- but bear in mind, it will always be the centerpiece of your outfit. Always.
Is it still available from Hober?post #6203 of 139342/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6204 of 139342/13/13 at 9:11ampost #6205 of 139342/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6206 of 139342/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6207 of 139342/13/13 at 9:16amQuote:
http://www.samhober.com/madder-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-madder-printed-silk-tie-15.htmlpost #6208 of 139342/13/13 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Not a huge fan of the green borders there--seem kinda fluorescent. Could just be the photo though.
But yeah, like thatpost #6209 of 139342/13/13 at 9:26amQuote:
Thanks - dunno if it's on the web catalog. Email Patrizio and send him the pic and he'll recognize it I'm sure. PM me if you run into difficulties.post #6210 of 139342/13/13 at 9:27am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Frederick Scholte (Savile Row) 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan