Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:17 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:35 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 414
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6197 of 139492/13/13 at 8:52ampost #6198 of 139492/13/13 at 8:57am
That tie is awesome, UBR. The sort of tie that I absolutely love. It isn't available at the web catalog, is it?
I'm inclined to think neats look acceptable with more "country" outfits if the silk is matte, and the figures are of a med to large size, resembling vintage prints. But not sure I'm right. Your example works IMO.post #6199 of 139492/13/13 at 9:04ampost #6200 of 139492/13/13 at 9:07ampost #6201 of 139492/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6202 of 139492/13/13 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Balfour
The problem is the Scylla of flying under false colours and the Charybdis of flaunting institutional affiliation. Too much risk of ending up wearing the colours of some obscure regiment or of being seen (like one of our former Deputy Prime Ministers) as being the sort who 'wore his Guards tie a little too often'. In other words, a British class CF.
Sorry to generalize, but that tie and it's colour, is classic, and something an Englishman would wear. Well, you're one. I like that tie, -- but bear in mind, it will always be the centerpiece of your outfit. Always.
Is it still available from Hober?post #6203 of 139492/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6204 of 139492/13/13 at 9:11ampost #6205 of 139492/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6206 of 139492/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6207 of 139492/13/13 at 9:16amQuote:
http://www.samhober.com/madder-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-madder-printed-silk-tie-15.htmlpost #6208 of 139492/13/13 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Not a huge fan of the green borders there--seem kinda fluorescent. Could just be the photo though.
But yeah, like thatpost #6209 of 139492/13/13 at 9:26amQuote:
Thanks - dunno if it's on the web catalog. Email Patrizio and send him the pic and he'll recognize it I'm sure. PM me if you run into difficulties.post #6210 of 139492/13/13 at 9:27am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official Alden Indy Appreciation Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ironing Board 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › NYC Meet-Up Tuesday, July 21st 4 minutes ago
- › RRL Crewneck Pocket T-Shirt - Black Indigo/White Striped - Medium 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...