Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 414
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6197 of 139622/13/13 at 8:52ampost #6198 of 139622/13/13 at 8:57am
That tie is awesome, UBR. The sort of tie that I absolutely love. It isn't available at the web catalog, is it?
I'm inclined to think neats look acceptable with more "country" outfits if the silk is matte, and the figures are of a med to large size, resembling vintage prints. But not sure I'm right. Your example works IMO.post #6199 of 139622/13/13 at 9:04ampost #6200 of 139622/13/13 at 9:07ampost #6201 of 139622/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6202 of 139622/13/13 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Balfour
The problem is the Scylla of flying under false colours and the Charybdis of flaunting institutional affiliation. Too much risk of ending up wearing the colours of some obscure regiment or of being seen (like one of our former Deputy Prime Ministers) as being the sort who 'wore his Guards tie a little too often'. In other words, a British class CF.
Sorry to generalize, but that tie and it's colour, is classic, and something an Englishman would wear. Well, you're one. I like that tie, -- but bear in mind, it will always be the centerpiece of your outfit. Always.
Is it still available from Hober?post #6203 of 139622/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6204 of 139622/13/13 at 9:11ampost #6205 of 139622/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6206 of 139622/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6207 of 139622/13/13 at 9:16amQuote:
http://www.samhober.com/madder-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-madder-printed-silk-tie-15.htmlpost #6208 of 139622/13/13 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Not a huge fan of the green borders there--seem kinda fluorescent. Could just be the photo though.
But yeah, like thatpost #6209 of 139622/13/13 at 9:26amQuote:
Thanks - dunno if it's on the web catalog. Email Patrizio and send him the pic and he'll recognize it I'm sure. PM me if you run into difficulties.post #6210 of 139622/13/13 at 9:27am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 11 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 16 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 19 minutes ago
- › BNWT Robert Geller Black Cotton Twill Casual Blazer 50 22 minutes ago
- › WANTED- ALL ODYN VOVK 27 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 28 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...