Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:00 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 414post #6196 of 140382/13/13 at 8:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6197 of 140382/13/13 at 8:52ampost #6198 of 140382/13/13 at 8:57am
That tie is awesome, UBR. The sort of tie that I absolutely love. It isn't available at the web catalog, is it?
I'm inclined to think neats look acceptable with more "country" outfits if the silk is matte, and the figures are of a med to large size, resembling vintage prints. But not sure I'm right. Your example works IMO.post #6199 of 140382/13/13 at 9:04ampost #6200 of 140382/13/13 at 9:07ampost #6201 of 140382/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6202 of 140382/13/13 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Balfour
The problem is the Scylla of flying under false colours and the Charybdis of flaunting institutional affiliation. Too much risk of ending up wearing the colours of some obscure regiment or of being seen (like one of our former Deputy Prime Ministers) as being the sort who 'wore his Guards tie a little too often'. In other words, a British class CF.
Sorry to generalize, but that tie and it's colour, is classic, and something an Englishman would wear. Well, you're one. I like that tie, -- but bear in mind, it will always be the centerpiece of your outfit. Always.
Is it still available from Hober?post #6203 of 140382/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6204 of 140382/13/13 at 9:11ampost #6205 of 140382/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6206 of 140382/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6207 of 140382/13/13 at 9:16amQuote:
http://www.samhober.com/madder-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-madder-printed-silk-tie-15.htmlpost #6208 of 140382/13/13 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Not a huge fan of the green borders there--seem kinda fluorescent. Could just be the photo though.
But yeah, like thatpost #6209 of 140382/13/13 at 9:26amQuote:
Thanks - dunno if it's on the web catalog. Email Patrizio and send him the pic and he'll recognize it I'm sure. PM me if you run into difficulties.post #6210 of 140382/13/13 at 9:27am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 seconds ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...