Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:58 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 414post #6196 of 140382/13/13 at 8:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6197 of 140382/13/13 at 8:52ampost #6198 of 140382/13/13 at 8:57am
That tie is awesome, UBR. The sort of tie that I absolutely love. It isn't available at the web catalog, is it?
I'm inclined to think neats look acceptable with more "country" outfits if the silk is matte, and the figures are of a med to large size, resembling vintage prints. But not sure I'm right. Your example works IMO.post #6199 of 140382/13/13 at 9:04ampost #6200 of 140382/13/13 at 9:07ampost #6201 of 140382/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6202 of 140382/13/13 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Balfour
The problem is the Scylla of flying under false colours and the Charybdis of flaunting institutional affiliation. Too much risk of ending up wearing the colours of some obscure regiment or of being seen (like one of our former Deputy Prime Ministers) as being the sort who 'wore his Guards tie a little too often'. In other words, a British class CF.
Sorry to generalize, but that tie and it's colour, is classic, and something an Englishman would wear. Well, you're one. I like that tie, -- but bear in mind, it will always be the centerpiece of your outfit. Always.
Is it still available from Hober?post #6203 of 140382/13/13 at 9:09ampost #6204 of 140382/13/13 at 9:11ampost #6205 of 140382/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6206 of 140382/13/13 at 9:13ampost #6207 of 140382/13/13 at 9:16amQuote:
http://www.samhober.com/madder-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-madder-printed-silk-tie-15.htmlpost #6208 of 140382/13/13 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Not a huge fan of the green borders there--seem kinda fluorescent. Could just be the photo though.
But yeah, like thatpost #6209 of 140382/13/13 at 9:26amQuote:
Thanks - dunno if it's on the web catalog. Email Patrizio and send him the pic and he'll recognize it I'm sure. PM me if you run into difficulties.post #6210 of 140382/13/13 at 9:27am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 45 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 47 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 59 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?