Not crazy about the grenadine, would probably prefer a knit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 412post #6166 of 126032/13/13 at 6:31amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6167 of 126032/13/13 at 6:36ampost #6168 of 126032/13/13 at 7:07ampost #6169 of 126032/13/13 at 7:09ampost #6170 of 126032/13/13 at 7:17ampost #6171 of 126032/13/13 at 7:42ampost #6172 of 126032/13/13 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by p.henrikQuote:
I interpret this as that the 0520 works as fabric for a SC, even though it's not a classic blazer color. Thanks for clarifying, Manton.
The 0520 looks great in the pictures, but I suppose those can be misleading. For a summer suit, I am now thinking 0505. It is listed as Navy (http://www.hfwltd.com/bobb.php?b=jjm&c=6&p=1), but it looks very dark on the computer. Has anyone seen this in-person who can comment on how dark it actually is? I would like to avoid getting something that could be mistaken for black.post #6173 of 126032/13/13 at 7:48amThread Starter505 is a dark navy in the lightest weight. 520 is the medium weight. There is no shade comparable to 0520 in the lightest weight. Or, perhaps, there might be now because I know they have expanded the book but I am not as familiar with the newer stuff.
I do not have the lightweight blue but I do have one of the grays. They wear VERY differently. The lightweights are awesome for blistering summers. The mediums are not. They are more for spring/fall.
Unfortunately, the range of colors and patterns in the ligthtest weights is quite limited.post #6174 of 126032/13/13 at 7:51ampost #6175 of 126032/13/13 at 7:53amThread Starterpost #6176 of 126032/13/13 at 7:55ampost #6177 of 126032/13/13 at 7:55ampost #6178 of 126032/13/13 at 7:57amQuote:
Maybe I need a trouser press to go along with this suit. I would definitely go with the lightest weight, as it would only be for summer. I guess I will go with the 505.post #6179 of 126032/13/13 at 7:58amQuote:
i want to not care, but i still irks me when i see pants uncreased.
more power to you!post #6180 of 126032/13/13 at 8:01amQuote:
For once something to be thankful for about the British Summer: 11 oz worsted is fine most of the time, and I never need to go below 10 oz fresco (on five or six days of the year something lighter might be better).
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Where can I find the shoes Raymond Reddington was wearing in the... 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)