Not crazy about the grenadine, would probably prefer a knit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 7/19/16 at 9:34pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 412post #6166 of 141152/13/13 at 6:31amThread Starterpost #6167 of 141152/13/13 at 6:36ampost #6168 of 141152/13/13 at 7:07ampost #6169 of 141152/13/13 at 7:09ampost #6170 of 141152/13/13 at 7:17ampost #6171 of 141152/13/13 at 7:42ampost #6172 of 141152/13/13 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by p.henrikQuote:
I interpret this as that the 0520 works as fabric for a SC, even though it's not a classic blazer color. Thanks for clarifying, Manton.
The 0520 looks great in the pictures, but I suppose those can be misleading. For a summer suit, I am now thinking 0505. It is listed as Navy (http://www.hfwltd.com/bobb.php?b=jjm&c=6&p=1), but it looks very dark on the computer. Has anyone seen this in-person who can comment on how dark it actually is? I would like to avoid getting something that could be mistaken for black.post #6173 of 141152/13/13 at 7:48amThread Starter505 is a dark navy in the lightest weight. 520 is the medium weight. There is no shade comparable to 0520 in the lightest weight. Or, perhaps, there might be now because I know they have expanded the book but I am not as familiar with the newer stuff.
I do not have the lightweight blue but I do have one of the grays. They wear VERY differently. The lightweights are awesome for blistering summers. The mediums are not. They are more for spring/fall.
Unfortunately, the range of colors and patterns in the ligthtest weights is quite limited.post #6174 of 141152/13/13 at 7:51ampost #6175 of 141152/13/13 at 7:53amThread Starterpost #6176 of 141152/13/13 at 7:55ampost #6177 of 141152/13/13 at 7:55ampost #6178 of 141152/13/13 at 7:57amQuote:
Maybe I need a trouser press to go along with this suit. I would definitely go with the lightest weight, as it would only be for summer. I guess I will go with the 505.post #6179 of 141152/13/13 at 7:58amQuote:
i want to not care, but i still irks me when i see pants uncreased.
more power to you!post #6180 of 141152/13/13 at 8:01amQuote:
For once something to be thankful for about the British Summer: 11 oz worsted is fine most of the time, and I never need to go below 10 oz fresco (on five or six days of the year something lighter might be better).
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Japanese Leather Goods/Accessories 3 minutes ago
- › 7-8 drop! New Edward Green Dundee Veldtschoen Size 10 / 10.5 E58... 4 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 9 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 15 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding