Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 3:42 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 406post #6076 of 141212/11/13 at 11:34ampost #6077 of 141212/11/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
I agree. Nothing remotely grey about it.Quote:
Same here. Perfect for summer.
If you're wedded to navy then it isn't what you want. But IMO it's just as good - in this instance - as navy.post #6078 of 141212/11/13 at 12:32pmpost #6079 of 141212/11/13 at 12:40pmpost #6080 of 141212/11/13 at 12:48pmpost #6081 of 141212/11/13 at 12:57pmpost #6082 of 141212/11/13 at 1:44pm
I'm prepping for summer here as well- with a certain sense of loathing I might add. I'm moving heavily into linens for the hot months here in Napoli. I have found a local 5th generation tailor to make some linen shirts for around 85E and pants starting around 200E. Looking forward to that part of summer at least!
But my reason for posting is this;
What are your opinions on turnback cuffs/cocktail cuffs? I'm interested in hearing whether you find them to be in good taste.
Thankspost #6083 of 141212/11/13 at 1:50pmI think you'll get wild-y disparate opinions on turn-back cuffs on shirts, with some saying it makes one look affected, and others saying it'll look good. I say, if Bond (played by Connery) wore it, it's good enough for me.
I'll be sending some stuff to Naples. I've heard a lot about the problems with the Italian post (not sure if it's founded or not), and want to know if it's safe for me to send it via regular mail? Since you're in Naples, any feedback?post #6084 of 141212/11/13 at 1:51pmpost #6085 of 141212/11/13 at 1:52pmpost #6086 of 141212/11/13 at 1:53pmpost #6087 of 141212/11/13 at 1:55pmpost #6088 of 141212/11/13 at 1:55pmpost #6089 of 141212/11/13 at 1:57pmpost #6090 of 141212/11/13 at 1:58pmMy understanding is that they were created by T&A and popularized by one of the Bond films. This kind of early attempt at branding and marketing may be what's still befouling their reputation in the anti-branding iGent culture. Personally I think they look kind of cool in picture but I don't have any. I wouldn't be opposed to trying it. I've heard they're a huge pain to clean though - if you don't have somebody good, they'll probably screw it up.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Chelsea Boot Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Chippewa engineer/moto boots 11.5 D style # 27863 14 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 30 minutes ago
- › Paying 50 bucks to who can identify this shoe 40 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 51 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...