Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 6/24/16 at 1:38pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 406post #6076 of 141142/11/13 at 11:34ampost #6077 of 141142/11/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
I agree. Nothing remotely grey about it.Quote:
Same here. Perfect for summer.
If you're wedded to navy then it isn't what you want. But IMO it's just as good - in this instance - as navy.post #6078 of 141142/11/13 at 12:32pmpost #6079 of 141142/11/13 at 12:40pmpost #6080 of 141142/11/13 at 12:48pmpost #6081 of 141142/11/13 at 12:57pmpost #6082 of 141142/11/13 at 1:44pm
I'm prepping for summer here as well- with a certain sense of loathing I might add. I'm moving heavily into linens for the hot months here in Napoli. I have found a local 5th generation tailor to make some linen shirts for around 85E and pants starting around 200E. Looking forward to that part of summer at least!
But my reason for posting is this;
What are your opinions on turnback cuffs/cocktail cuffs? I'm interested in hearing whether you find them to be in good taste.
Thankspost #6083 of 141142/11/13 at 1:50pmI think you'll get wild-y disparate opinions on turn-back cuffs on shirts, with some saying it makes one look affected, and others saying it'll look good. I say, if Bond (played by Connery) wore it, it's good enough for me.
I'll be sending some stuff to Naples. I've heard a lot about the problems with the Italian post (not sure if it's founded or not), and want to know if it's safe for me to send it via regular mail? Since you're in Naples, any feedback?post #6084 of 141142/11/13 at 1:51pmpost #6085 of 141142/11/13 at 1:52pmpost #6086 of 141142/11/13 at 1:53pmpost #6087 of 141142/11/13 at 1:55pmpost #6088 of 141142/11/13 at 1:55pmpost #6089 of 141142/11/13 at 1:57pmpost #6090 of 141142/11/13 at 1:58pmMy understanding is that they were created by T&A and popularized by one of the Bond films. This kind of early attempt at branding and marketing may be what's still befouling their reputation in the anti-branding iGent culture. Personally I think they look kind of cool in picture but I don't have any. I wouldn't be opposed to trying it. I've heard they're a huge pain to clean though - if you don't have somebody good, they'll probably screw it up.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › How to combine? 4 minutes ago
- › Most comfortable & stylish shoes you ever owned 6 minutes ago
- › SUPER RARE New Edward Green Shell Cordovan Crup Elmsley 202 E UK... 15 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 27 minutes ago
- › $200 budget for a leather briefcase 27 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding