It only works with heavy cloth though. a summer jacket with double stitched flaps would look terrible
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:16 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 398post #5956 of 139082/8/13 at 11:06amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5957 of 139082/8/13 at 11:27amSince CaymanS broke the bad iPhone pic ice, I'd like to join him and get some feedback on a couple of things I wore this week.
(Sorry about the quality. This is the reason I rarely post pics. It's very hot in my overheated apartment -- once I'm dressed, I have to get out of there. At work I'm afraid that one of my coworkers will find me taking pictures of myself in the rest room and my office has crappy lighting.)
To qualify the stark contrast here, I was going to an evening event after work.
- Charcoal 3/2
- White shirt with FC
- Dotted navy grenadine tie
- White linen PS
- Black JL Phillip
post #5958 of 139082/8/13 at 12:22pmpost #5959 of 139082/8/13 at 12:30pmpost #5960 of 139082/8/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
- Navy 2 button
- Blue micro-check shirt
- Green silk twill tie with blue and white flowers
- Tan silk PS with blue, yellow, white and green paisley (It's T&A, so the colorway is pretty conservative -- not this saturated.)
- Dark brown BB single monk
It wouldn't be my choice, but if you like it, why not?Quote:Is it as versatile as a single-breasted?
I'd say no. One of the great advantages of a blazer is that it can be worn again and again without people paying much mind. A DB, on the other hand, is pretty memorable these days.post #5961 of 139082/8/13 at 12:36pmpost #5962 of 139082/8/13 at 12:37pmpost #5963 of 139082/8/13 at 12:40pmpost #5964 of 139082/8/13 at 12:44pmpost #5965 of 139082/8/13 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by dopey
Very rarely. It seems weird to me to post a picture saying look at me; this is what I am wearing. But I realize it is quite common now and probably doesn't seem weird to you.
Besides, I have made it very clear to my kids that they should not be doing stuff like that, so I certainly won't.
Also, while I would post a photo to answer a question or show something specific that I know someone might want to see, I don't have an easy mechanism. I don't have a good phone camera that would let me email stuff to myself and post quickly (my blackberry camera is awful (I have an ipad2, maybe that is worth trying)) and I don't feel like messing with cables to hook up a camera. Somewhere on the London Lounge there are some photos I took of me wearing something, but I remember that it was a PITA to do and took a lot of time. Detail photos of objects laying on the floor or a chair were much easier.
+10000post #5966 of 139082/8/13 at 3:51pmpost #5967 of 139082/8/13 at 4:13pmpost #5968 of 139082/8/13 at 4:29pmpost #5969 of 139082/8/13 at 4:29pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1764 Active Users (476 Members and 1288 Guests)
- › Wedding Attire for Guest where "church clothes" will be the norm... 38 seconds ago
- › Show me your shirt and tie! 56 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena,... 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...