It only works with heavy cloth though. a summer jacket with double stitched flaps would look terrible
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:02 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 1/9/17 at 6:36pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 398post #5956 of 141412/8/13 at 11:06amThread Starterpost #5957 of 141412/8/13 at 11:27amSince CaymanS broke the bad iPhone pic ice, I'd like to join him and get some feedback on a couple of things I wore this week.
(Sorry about the quality. This is the reason I rarely post pics. It's very hot in my overheated apartment -- once I'm dressed, I have to get out of there. At work I'm afraid that one of my coworkers will find me taking pictures of myself in the rest room and my office has crappy lighting.)
To qualify the stark contrast here, I was going to an evening event after work.
- Charcoal 3/2
- White shirt with FC
- Dotted navy grenadine tie
- White linen PS
- Black JL Phillip
post #5958 of 141412/8/13 at 12:22pmpost #5959 of 141412/8/13 at 12:30pmpost #5960 of 141412/8/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
- Navy 2 button
- Blue micro-check shirt
- Green silk twill tie with blue and white flowers
- Tan silk PS with blue, yellow, white and green paisley (It's T&A, so the colorway is pretty conservative -- not this saturated.)
- Dark brown BB single monk
It wouldn't be my choice, but if you like it, why not?Quote:Is it as versatile as a single-breasted?
I'd say no. One of the great advantages of a blazer is that it can be worn again and again without people paying much mind. A DB, on the other hand, is pretty memorable these days.post #5961 of 141412/8/13 at 12:36pmpost #5962 of 141412/8/13 at 12:37pmpost #5963 of 141412/8/13 at 12:40pmpost #5964 of 141412/8/13 at 12:44pmpost #5965 of 141412/8/13 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by dopey
Very rarely. It seems weird to me to post a picture saying look at me; this is what I am wearing. But I realize it is quite common now and probably doesn't seem weird to you.
Besides, I have made it very clear to my kids that they should not be doing stuff like that, so I certainly won't.
Also, while I would post a photo to answer a question or show something specific that I know someone might want to see, I don't have an easy mechanism. I don't have a good phone camera that would let me email stuff to myself and post quickly (my blackberry camera is awful (I have an ipad2, maybe that is worth trying)) and I don't feel like messing with cables to hook up a camera. Somewhere on the London Lounge there are some photos I took of me wearing something, but I remember that it was a PITA to do and took a lot of time. Detail photos of objects laying on the floor or a chair were much easier.
+10000post #5966 of 141412/8/13 at 3:51pmpost #5967 of 141412/8/13 at 4:13pmpost #5968 of 141412/8/13 at 4:29pmpost #5969 of 141412/8/13 at 4:29pmpost #5970 of 141412/8/13 at 4:53pm
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1667 Active Users (340 Members and 1327 Guests)
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 7 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Strand 8 E oxblood dainite sole new condition 10 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Dack - vintage - brand NEW - 8 F -let's trade! 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...