Okay so when I wear this with charcoal gray trousers and a white pocket square, what shirt and tie should I wear?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:59 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 396post #5926 of 140382/8/13 at 9:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5927 of 140382/8/13 at 9:35ampost #5928 of 140382/8/13 at 9:35ampost #5929 of 140382/8/13 at 9:37amThread Starterpost #5930 of 140382/8/13 at 9:41ampost #5931 of 140382/8/13 at 9:41ampost #5932 of 140382/8/13 at 9:45ampost #5933 of 140382/8/13 at 9:48ampost #5934 of 140382/8/13 at 9:49amQuote:
No. I'm hoping someone with definitive knowledge can chime in. I've definitely read reference to the single vent being originally an equestrian feature, but I have no idea where and the writer may not have had a clue.post #5935 of 140382/8/13 at 9:53amQuote:post #5936 of 140382/8/13 at 9:53amQuote:
Hacking coats traditionally have centre vents.post #5937 of 140382/8/13 at 9:55amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Not wrong, per se, but patch pockets clearly delineate it as an odd jacket, as opposed to one belonging to a suit. Also, if you do flap pockets, you have to give up on the double-stitching as well. That leaves only the buttons to distinguish, which means you need to go metal or MoP to clearly signal the jacket is a blazer. I find that option less versatile. Also, with the patch pockets, I can always switch to blazer-exclusive buttons later if I like. It doesn't work the other way around.
Wouldn't suitable cloth (i.e. non-smooth worsted, such as hopsack, as you suggest, or serge or fresco) coupled with brown horn buttons be enough to send the signal? Genuinely curious.post #5938 of 140382/8/13 at 9:57ampost #5939 of 140382/8/13 at 10:00ampost #5940 of 140382/8/13 at 10:01am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 949 Active Users (137 Members and 812 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 22 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 23 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 26 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 26 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 28 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 30 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...