Okay so when I wear this with charcoal gray trousers and a white pocket square, what shirt and tie should I wear?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 396post #5926 of 139622/8/13 at 9:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5927 of 139622/8/13 at 9:35ampost #5928 of 139622/8/13 at 9:35ampost #5929 of 139622/8/13 at 9:37amThread Starterpost #5930 of 139622/8/13 at 9:41ampost #5931 of 139622/8/13 at 9:41ampost #5932 of 139622/8/13 at 9:45ampost #5933 of 139622/8/13 at 9:48ampost #5934 of 139622/8/13 at 9:49amQuote:
No. I'm hoping someone with definitive knowledge can chime in. I've definitely read reference to the single vent being originally an equestrian feature, but I have no idea where and the writer may not have had a clue.post #5935 of 139622/8/13 at 9:53amQuote:post #5936 of 139622/8/13 at 9:53amQuote:
Hacking coats traditionally have centre vents.post #5937 of 139622/8/13 at 9:55amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Not wrong, per se, but patch pockets clearly delineate it as an odd jacket, as opposed to one belonging to a suit. Also, if you do flap pockets, you have to give up on the double-stitching as well. That leaves only the buttons to distinguish, which means you need to go metal or MoP to clearly signal the jacket is a blazer. I find that option less versatile. Also, with the patch pockets, I can always switch to blazer-exclusive buttons later if I like. It doesn't work the other way around.
Wouldn't suitable cloth (i.e. non-smooth worsted, such as hopsack, as you suggest, or serge or fresco) coupled with brown horn buttons be enough to send the signal? Genuinely curious.post #5938 of 139622/8/13 at 9:57ampost #5939 of 139622/8/13 at 10:00ampost #5940 of 139622/8/13 at 10:01am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 897 Active Users (131 Members and 766 Guests)
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 27 minutes ago
- › Suit fit check 49 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 49 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 58 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...