Or a cream silk square.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 1:04 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 390post #5837 of 141232/8/13 at 7:15am
Even a basic navy blazer could result in a disaster for a newbie going bespoke. If one can afford a reputable tailor who can give solid advice, it's less of a problem - but that's not always the case. If I were to go bespoke there is no way I could afford Rubinacci or NSM, for example - I'd have to go with my current tailor, which is quite skilled at making stuff but is awful when it comes to styling details. I have to rely on myself for that.post #5838 of 141232/8/13 at 7:17amYou have a point when it comes to budget. But all the buying and selling of "lesser" things must add up. I would rather have one nice bespoke navy blazer than three our four random RTW jackets.
If someone were to give you a more-or-less "fool-proof" set of guidelines for ordering something like a blue blazer, would you do it?post #5839 of 141232/8/13 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #5840 of 141232/8/13 at 7:24ampost #5841 of 141232/8/13 at 7:26ampost #5842 of 141232/8/13 at 7:31ampost #5843 of 141232/8/13 at 7:32ampost #5844 of 141232/8/13 at 7:34am
This is not the only way, but it will be correct and you won't regret it later:
Navy hopsack (wool, of course)
Brown horn buttons
Double ventspost #5845 of 141232/8/13 at 7:35amQuote:
Still out of my price range, IIRC.
My current tailor is not one of the "good ones", but he charges around €1000-1200 for a bespoke jacket made of most Holland & Sherry cloths (he's got some Scabal books too), which is something that helps tremendously. I must admit that I'm not sure if it's decent bespoke though - I need to see more samples of his work.
The problem with Spanish tailoring is that, from what I've seen around (there are lots of bespoke-wearing people where I work at) the jackets are usually rather constructed, with a very rigid canvas, and the chest is leaner than I'd like. No drape to be seen. Tailors here are always reticent to change their in-house style, but there may be something different around. I need to look for it.post #5846 of 141232/8/13 at 7:35amThread Starterpost #5847 of 141232/8/13 at 7:36ampost #5848 of 141232/8/13 at 7:37ampost #5849 of 141232/8/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I know, I know. But someone has got to be the voice of reason, no?post #5850 of 141232/8/13 at 7:38amThe problem is that quality does not necessarily always transpose to price in a linear manner, certainly not with bespoke. I am sure that there are old chaps tucked away in Italian towns who will make you a coat that is as good as NSM for half the price. But one doesn't find them easily, and once you do (and post it on SF), prices will triple in a couple of years.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 20 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 38 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 43 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 59 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...