Or a cream silk square.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:51 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 390post #5836 of 139082/8/13 at 7:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5837 of 139082/8/13 at 7:15am
Even a basic navy blazer could result in a disaster for a newbie going bespoke. If one can afford a reputable tailor who can give solid advice, it's less of a problem - but that's not always the case. If I were to go bespoke there is no way I could afford Rubinacci or NSM, for example - I'd have to go with my current tailor, which is quite skilled at making stuff but is awful when it comes to styling details. I have to rely on myself for that.post #5838 of 139082/8/13 at 7:17amYou have a point when it comes to budget. But all the buying and selling of "lesser" things must add up. I would rather have one nice bespoke navy blazer than three our four random RTW jackets.
If someone were to give you a more-or-less "fool-proof" set of guidelines for ordering something like a blue blazer, would you do it?post #5839 of 139082/8/13 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #5840 of 139082/8/13 at 7:24ampost #5841 of 139082/8/13 at 7:26ampost #5842 of 139082/8/13 at 7:31ampost #5843 of 139082/8/13 at 7:32ampost #5844 of 139082/8/13 at 7:34am
This is not the only way, but it will be correct and you won't regret it later:
Navy hopsack (wool, of course)
Brown horn buttons
Double ventspost #5845 of 139082/8/13 at 7:35amQuote:
Still out of my price range, IIRC.
My current tailor is not one of the "good ones", but he charges around €1000-1200 for a bespoke jacket made of most Holland & Sherry cloths (he's got some Scabal books too), which is something that helps tremendously. I must admit that I'm not sure if it's decent bespoke though - I need to see more samples of his work.
The problem with Spanish tailoring is that, from what I've seen around (there are lots of bespoke-wearing people where I work at) the jackets are usually rather constructed, with a very rigid canvas, and the chest is leaner than I'd like. No drape to be seen. Tailors here are always reticent to change their in-house style, but there may be something different around. I need to look for it.post #5846 of 139082/8/13 at 7:35amThread Starterpost #5847 of 139082/8/13 at 7:36ampost #5848 of 139082/8/13 at 7:37ampost #5849 of 139082/8/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I know, I know. But someone has got to be the voice of reason, no?post #5850 of 139082/8/13 at 7:38amThe problem is that quality does not necessarily always transpose to price in a linear manner, certainly not with bespoke. I am sure that there are old chaps tucked away in Italian towns who will make you a coat that is as good as NSM for half the price. But one doesn't find them easily, and once you do (and post it on SF), prices will triple in a couple of years.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 27 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 32 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 35 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 37 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 37 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 39 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...