True - they are from my "old-stock" and I like them too much too throw them away...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:53 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 373post #5581 of 139962/4/13 at 12:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5582 of 139962/4/13 at 12:32pmpost #5583 of 139962/4/13 at 12:38pm
Funny thing is I have three very nice jackets that have the rumpled lapels as well, and it drives me crazy!
That Martini fellow at Kiton tells me not to worry about it! Oh well....
Edited by driftking - 2/4/13 at 1:05pmpost #5584 of 139962/4/13 at 3:46pmpost #5585 of 139962/4/13 at 3:56pmpost #5586 of 139962/4/13 at 3:58pmpost #5587 of 139962/4/13 at 7:18pmQuote:
Thanks! Btw, you are absolutely right about the tie knot. When I looked at this picture I retied it, but didn't bother to snap another shot.post #5588 of 139962/4/13 at 8:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic ManQuote:
Thanks! Btw, you are absolutely right about the tie knot. When I looked at this picture I retied it, but didn't bother to snap another shot.post #5589 of 139962/5/13 at 1:27ampost #5590 of 139962/5/13 at 2:09ampost #5591 of 139962/5/13 at 2:22ampost #5592 of 139962/5/13 at 2:26ampost #5593 of 139962/5/13 at 2:48amWhat are casual cufflinks? Silk knots? Please tell me you don't wear those.
Otherwise, double cuffs are always pretty dressy.
I think a suit like that looks good Mariano style - unbuttoned cuffs / unbuttoned button down spread. That's tough for non-Rubinaccis to pull off so I'd stick with regular button cuffs. I have no problem with the spread collar there and that collar is fantastic.post #5594 of 139962/5/13 at 2:53amWhat's the matter with silk knots?! C., I'm beginning to question your sanity.
Yes double cuffs are dressier than barrels, but they are not strictly forbidden from being worn with odd jackets. Anyway, this is still a suit, even if a more casual one.
Mariano does not typically leave his cuffs undone. I've only seen him do that in warm weather.post #5595 of 139962/5/13 at 2:57am
I think double cuffs are "more formal" in the same way a tie is more formal than no tie; and you can wear an odd jacket / casual suit with or without a tie.
Them elbow patches and folded silk are gone:
Pants look like Spandex, I know. They were a little tight from the beginning and I have gained some weight lately which needs to go away...
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 26 seconds ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 32 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 20 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories