True - they are from my "old-stock" and I like them too much too throw them away...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 373post #5581 of 126032/4/13 at 12:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5582 of 126032/4/13 at 12:32pmpost #5583 of 126032/4/13 at 12:38pm
Funny thing is I have three very nice jackets that have the rumpled lapels as well, and it drives me crazy!
That Martini fellow at Kiton tells me not to worry about it! Oh well....
Edited by driftking - 2/4/13 at 1:05pmpost #5584 of 126032/4/13 at 3:46pmpost #5585 of 126032/4/13 at 3:56pmpost #5586 of 126032/4/13 at 3:58pmpost #5587 of 126032/4/13 at 7:18pmQuote:
Thanks! Btw, you are absolutely right about the tie knot. When I looked at this picture I retied it, but didn't bother to snap another shot.post #5588 of 126032/4/13 at 8:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic ManQuote:
Thanks! Btw, you are absolutely right about the tie knot. When I looked at this picture I retied it, but didn't bother to snap another shot.post #5589 of 126032/5/13 at 1:27ampost #5590 of 126032/5/13 at 2:09ampost #5591 of 126032/5/13 at 2:22ampost #5592 of 126032/5/13 at 2:26ampost #5593 of 126032/5/13 at 2:48amWhat are casual cufflinks? Silk knots? Please tell me you don't wear those.
Otherwise, double cuffs are always pretty dressy.
I think a suit like that looks good Mariano style - unbuttoned cuffs / unbuttoned button down spread. That's tough for non-Rubinaccis to pull off so I'd stick with regular button cuffs. I have no problem with the spread collar there and that collar is fantastic.post #5594 of 126032/5/13 at 2:53amWhat's the matter with silk knots?! C., I'm beginning to question your sanity.
Yes double cuffs are dressier than barrels, but they are not strictly forbidden from being worn with odd jackets. Anyway, this is still a suit, even if a more casual one.
Mariano does not typically leave his cuffs undone. I've only seen him do that in warm weather.post #5595 of 126032/5/13 at 2:57am
I think double cuffs are "more formal" in the same way a tie is more formal than no tie; and you can wear an odd jacket / casual suit with or without a tie.
Them elbow patches and folded silk are gone:
Pants look like Spandex, I know. They were a little tight from the beginning and I have gained some weight lately which needs to go away...
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 36 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 50 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 12 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 12 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)