True - they are from my "old-stock" and I like them too much too throw them away...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:47 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 373post #5581 of 139812/4/13 at 12:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5582 of 139812/4/13 at 12:32pmpost #5583 of 139812/4/13 at 12:38pm
Funny thing is I have three very nice jackets that have the rumpled lapels as well, and it drives me crazy!
That Martini fellow at Kiton tells me not to worry about it! Oh well....
Edited by driftking - 2/4/13 at 1:05pmpost #5584 of 139812/4/13 at 3:46pmpost #5585 of 139812/4/13 at 3:56pmpost #5586 of 139812/4/13 at 3:58pmpost #5587 of 139812/4/13 at 7:18pmQuote:
Thanks! Btw, you are absolutely right about the tie knot. When I looked at this picture I retied it, but didn't bother to snap another shot.post #5588 of 139812/4/13 at 8:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic ManQuote:
Thanks! Btw, you are absolutely right about the tie knot. When I looked at this picture I retied it, but didn't bother to snap another shot.post #5589 of 139812/5/13 at 1:27ampost #5590 of 139812/5/13 at 2:09ampost #5591 of 139812/5/13 at 2:22ampost #5592 of 139812/5/13 at 2:26ampost #5593 of 139812/5/13 at 2:48amWhat are casual cufflinks? Silk knots? Please tell me you don't wear those.
Otherwise, double cuffs are always pretty dressy.
I think a suit like that looks good Mariano style - unbuttoned cuffs / unbuttoned button down spread. That's tough for non-Rubinaccis to pull off so I'd stick with regular button cuffs. I have no problem with the spread collar there and that collar is fantastic.post #5594 of 139812/5/13 at 2:53amWhat's the matter with silk knots?! C., I'm beginning to question your sanity.
Yes double cuffs are dressier than barrels, but they are not strictly forbidden from being worn with odd jackets. Anyway, this is still a suit, even if a more casual one.
Mariano does not typically leave his cuffs undone. I've only seen him do that in warm weather.post #5595 of 139812/5/13 at 2:57am
I think double cuffs are "more formal" in the same way a tie is more formal than no tie; and you can wear an odd jacket / casual suit with or without a tie.
Them elbow patches and folded silk are gone:
Pants look like Spandex, I know. They were a little tight from the beginning and I have gained some weight lately which needs to go away...
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Viccel.com socks 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 3 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth