True - they are from my "old-stock" and I like them too much too throw them away...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 4:42 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 373post #5581 of 141152/4/13 at 12:09pmpost #5582 of 141152/4/13 at 12:32pmpost #5583 of 141152/4/13 at 12:38pm
Funny thing is I have three very nice jackets that have the rumpled lapels as well, and it drives me crazy!
That Martini fellow at Kiton tells me not to worry about it! Oh well....
Edited by driftking - 2/4/13 at 1:05pmpost #5584 of 141152/4/13 at 3:46pmpost #5585 of 141152/4/13 at 3:56pmpost #5586 of 141152/4/13 at 3:58pmpost #5587 of 141152/4/13 at 7:18pmQuote:
Thanks! Btw, you are absolutely right about the tie knot. When I looked at this picture I retied it, but didn't bother to snap another shot.post #5588 of 141152/4/13 at 8:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic ManQuote:
Thanks! Btw, you are absolutely right about the tie knot. When I looked at this picture I retied it, but didn't bother to snap another shot.post #5589 of 141152/5/13 at 1:27ampost #5590 of 141152/5/13 at 2:09ampost #5591 of 141152/5/13 at 2:22ampost #5592 of 141152/5/13 at 2:26ampost #5593 of 141152/5/13 at 2:48amWhat are casual cufflinks? Silk knots? Please tell me you don't wear those.
Otherwise, double cuffs are always pretty dressy.
I think a suit like that looks good Mariano style - unbuttoned cuffs / unbuttoned button down spread. That's tough for non-Rubinaccis to pull off so I'd stick with regular button cuffs. I have no problem with the spread collar there and that collar is fantastic.post #5594 of 141152/5/13 at 2:53amWhat's the matter with silk knots?! C., I'm beginning to question your sanity.
Yes double cuffs are dressier than barrels, but they are not strictly forbidden from being worn with odd jackets. Anyway, this is still a suit, even if a more casual one.
Mariano does not typically leave his cuffs undone. I've only seen him do that in warm weather.post #5595 of 141152/5/13 at 2:57am
I think double cuffs are "more formal" in the same way a tie is more formal than no tie; and you can wear an odd jacket / casual suit with or without a tie.
Them elbow patches and folded silk are gone:
Pants look like Spandex, I know. They were a little tight from the beginning and I have gained some weight lately which needs to go away...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › [Lost 20lbs] New body measurements - where to start? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Where do your pre-loved suits / blazers / ties / shoes go? 5 minutes ago
- › Should I get a new tailor? (Bad sewing jobs? Need Advice) 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Off-beat chelsea boots 10 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding