Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:02 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 12/4/16 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 366post #5476 of 141232/1/13 at 10:57ampost #5477 of 141232/1/13 at 11:23ampost #5478 of 141232/1/13 at 11:25ampost #5479 of 141232/1/13 at 11:28ampost #5480 of 141232/1/13 at 11:36ampost #5481 of 141232/1/13 at 11:54ampost #5482 of 141232/1/13 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
I am just going to keep posting this until Matt Foo's me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ah, sorry, must have missed this.
This is solid. My only complaint is that the pattern density of the square renders quite close to the tie. Still, that's a minor on its own that it's not worth a full deduction.
Final score:Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Some Hank Foo today. The picture shows the hank in the Foo bend, but it just isn't my thing, so it was reconfigured later.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, so that we can avoid the whole glen check SC v. suit debate, this is a suit.
This is great. I don't know what you don't like about the square. Yes, I might have tucked it in a bit more, but the shape is beautiful.
This might be helpful to some, pattern matching principles.post #5483 of 141232/1/13 at 12:13pmpost #5484 of 141232/1/13 at 12:14pmpost #5485 of 141232/1/13 at 12:16pmpost #5486 of 141232/1/13 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by CaymanS
The colors are way saturated on that photograph. Here is the original:
In my opinion, this outfit is too washed out, because all tones are pale, except for the square. A darker necktie would solve this problem, but I don't know how to coordinate the square after the alteration.post #5487 of 141232/1/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
I would have to agree. Only thing I've seen that is more contrived is the Spoo whale.
Robpost #5488 of 141232/1/13 at 12:21pm^Foo, regarding Axelman's ensemble. Earlier in the thread you noted how someone was wearing a dark tie with an even darker, bolder pocket square which was a fail. You noted how that person should have gone with a square with a hue that was in between that of the dark tie and the lighter shirt to tie it all together.
Axelman's square is of a hue that seems to draw the eye from the rest of the outfit yet it does not qualify as a failure? The tie is relatively light, shirt is light, etc. Could you explain some of the theory behind this? I'm just curious to pick your brain to gain a better understanding.
Axelman, I'm not trying to pick on you. I think the outfit looked great!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #5489 of 141232/1/13 at 12:23pmQuote:
Oh, c'mon, man. I was pandering, and you know it! This week I've been trying to calibrate the Matic Sartorial CombiRater™. I didn't expect much love for the previous posts, but I expected this one would escape a thrashing.
I like what I'm wearing today, and I'm sure I've worn a similar combo in the past. It doesn't surprise me that we both like it because I like the way dresses. Even if I think his spectrum of good taste is too narrow, it would be disingenuous for me to say that it doesn't work for him and couldn't work for most men.
I'm hoping that PSG will jump in and rate some fits, too. He has an adventurous, yet coherent, sense of color and pattern, and I'd love to know what he thinks.post #5490 of 141232/1/13 at 12:24pmQuote:speaking of pattern density; for Herringbone and Houndstooth SC, what is a better pairing of shirting, Bengal/Dress stripes or better stick with semi-solids, like end on end? mini-graph shirt seems too dense for both SC patterns. Thank youOriginally Posted by mafoofan
This might be helpful to some, pattern matching principles.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 9 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 32 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Formosa Fox Flannel SC, Size 48 (fits 40/50R) 1 minute ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Shannon balmoral boots, Dark Oak, 82 last UK9E with... 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...