Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 12:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 366post #5476 of 139342/1/13 at 10:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5477 of 139342/1/13 at 11:23ampost #5478 of 139342/1/13 at 11:25ampost #5479 of 139342/1/13 at 11:28ampost #5480 of 139342/1/13 at 11:36ampost #5481 of 139342/1/13 at 11:54ampost #5482 of 139342/1/13 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
I am just going to keep posting this until Matt Foo's me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ah, sorry, must have missed this.
This is solid. My only complaint is that the pattern density of the square renders quite close to the tie. Still, that's a minor on its own that it's not worth a full deduction.
Final score:Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Some Hank Foo today. The picture shows the hank in the Foo bend, but it just isn't my thing, so it was reconfigured later.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, so that we can avoid the whole glen check SC v. suit debate, this is a suit.
This is great. I don't know what you don't like about the square. Yes, I might have tucked it in a bit more, but the shape is beautiful.
This might be helpful to some, pattern matching principles.post #5483 of 139342/1/13 at 12:13pmpost #5484 of 139342/1/13 at 12:14pmpost #5485 of 139342/1/13 at 12:16pmpost #5486 of 139342/1/13 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by CaymanS
The colors are way saturated on that photograph. Here is the original:
In my opinion, this outfit is too washed out, because all tones are pale, except for the square. A darker necktie would solve this problem, but I don't know how to coordinate the square after the alteration.post #5487 of 139342/1/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
I would have to agree. Only thing I've seen that is more contrived is the Spoo whale.
Robpost #5488 of 139342/1/13 at 12:21pm^Foo, regarding Axelman's ensemble. Earlier in the thread you noted how someone was wearing a dark tie with an even darker, bolder pocket square which was a fail. You noted how that person should have gone with a square with a hue that was in between that of the dark tie and the lighter shirt to tie it all together.
Axelman's square is of a hue that seems to draw the eye from the rest of the outfit yet it does not qualify as a failure? The tie is relatively light, shirt is light, etc. Could you explain some of the theory behind this? I'm just curious to pick your brain to gain a better understanding.
Axelman, I'm not trying to pick on you. I think the outfit looked great!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #5489 of 139342/1/13 at 12:23pmQuote:
Oh, c'mon, man. I was pandering, and you know it! This week I've been trying to calibrate the Matic Sartorial CombiRater™. I didn't expect much love for the previous posts, but I expected this one would escape a thrashing.
I like what I'm wearing today, and I'm sure I've worn a similar combo in the past. It doesn't surprise me that we both like it because I like the way dresses. Even if I think his spectrum of good taste is too narrow, it would be disingenuous for me to say that it doesn't work for him and couldn't work for most men.
I'm hoping that PSG will jump in and rate some fits, too. He has an adventurous, yet coherent, sense of color and pattern, and I'd love to know what he thinks.post #5490 of 139342/1/13 at 12:24pmQuote:speaking of pattern density; for Herringbone and Houndstooth SC, what is a better pairing of shirting, Bengal/Dress stripes or better stick with semi-solids, like end on end? mini-graph shirt seems too dense for both SC patterns. Thank youOriginally Posted by mafoofan
This might be helpful to some, pattern matching principles.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 43 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 51 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 56 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Label Under Construction 3 button heavy silk cardigan 50 (see... 5 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Sale Ex Display 6 minutes ago
- › RLBL RALPH LAUREN BLACK LABEL 40L WOOL/ cashmere SUIT 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan