Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:25 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 366post #5476 of 139962/1/13 at 10:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5477 of 139962/1/13 at 11:23ampost #5478 of 139962/1/13 at 11:25ampost #5479 of 139962/1/13 at 11:28ampost #5480 of 139962/1/13 at 11:36ampost #5481 of 139962/1/13 at 11:54ampost #5482 of 139962/1/13 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
I am just going to keep posting this until Matt Foo's me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ah, sorry, must have missed this.
This is solid. My only complaint is that the pattern density of the square renders quite close to the tie. Still, that's a minor on its own that it's not worth a full deduction.
Final score:Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Some Hank Foo today. The picture shows the hank in the Foo bend, but it just isn't my thing, so it was reconfigured later.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, so that we can avoid the whole glen check SC v. suit debate, this is a suit.
This is great. I don't know what you don't like about the square. Yes, I might have tucked it in a bit more, but the shape is beautiful.
This might be helpful to some, pattern matching principles.post #5483 of 139962/1/13 at 12:13pmpost #5484 of 139962/1/13 at 12:14pmpost #5485 of 139962/1/13 at 12:16pmpost #5486 of 139962/1/13 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by CaymanS
The colors are way saturated on that photograph. Here is the original:
In my opinion, this outfit is too washed out, because all tones are pale, except for the square. A darker necktie would solve this problem, but I don't know how to coordinate the square after the alteration.post #5487 of 139962/1/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
I would have to agree. Only thing I've seen that is more contrived is the Spoo whale.
Robpost #5488 of 139962/1/13 at 12:21pm^Foo, regarding Axelman's ensemble. Earlier in the thread you noted how someone was wearing a dark tie with an even darker, bolder pocket square which was a fail. You noted how that person should have gone with a square with a hue that was in between that of the dark tie and the lighter shirt to tie it all together.
Axelman's square is of a hue that seems to draw the eye from the rest of the outfit yet it does not qualify as a failure? The tie is relatively light, shirt is light, etc. Could you explain some of the theory behind this? I'm just curious to pick your brain to gain a better understanding.
Axelman, I'm not trying to pick on you. I think the outfit looked great!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #5489 of 139962/1/13 at 12:23pmQuote:
Oh, c'mon, man. I was pandering, and you know it! This week I've been trying to calibrate the Matic Sartorial CombiRater™. I didn't expect much love for the previous posts, but I expected this one would escape a thrashing.
I like what I'm wearing today, and I'm sure I've worn a similar combo in the past. It doesn't surprise me that we both like it because I like the way dresses. Even if I think his spectrum of good taste is too narrow, it would be disingenuous for me to say that it doesn't work for him and couldn't work for most men.
I'm hoping that PSG will jump in and rate some fits, too. He has an adventurous, yet coherent, sense of color and pattern, and I'd love to know what he thinks.post #5490 of 139962/1/13 at 12:24pmQuote:speaking of pattern density; for Herringbone and Houndstooth SC, what is a better pairing of shirting, Bengal/Dress stripes or better stick with semi-solids, like end on end? mini-graph shirt seems too dense for both SC patterns. Thank youOriginally Posted by mafoofan
This might be helpful to some, pattern matching principles.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 26 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread (Pictures, reviews,... 2 minutes ago
- › Lot of 3 14.5-31 NWT Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Non Iron Spread... 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Cigar Ravello Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories