It has a white linen square, I'm doomed? In all seriousness, I like the recent turn this thread's taken on cleaning things up. I love hearing thoughts/theories....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 361
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5402 of 140381/31/13 at 12:33pmQuote:
I think you've been hacked because someone went in and posted this:Quote:It is a man who is said to live there. They say Antonio Ambrosi is either the most revered trousermaker in the world, or the world’s only true trousermaker. Who can say which? But it is known that one or both are certainly true. On internet forums, the name of Ambrosi is whispered in the same hushed, somber tones with which one speaks of the devil. It is said you cannot simply make an appointment with Antonio Ambrosi. One must first be introduced–by who, no one knows. And then, they say, you do not simply order a pair of trousers. Ambrosi decides what it pleases him to make. It’s said he is a true artist and will charge you a price befitting your character. If you are judged a truly dishonest man (the worst thing a man can be), Ambrosi will make you wait years before finally presenting you with the trousers he’s made for you, letting you then touch and feel them, so that you are absolutely convinced a finer pair of trousers does not exist in the world and never could, before he suddenly takes them away, cutting them to shreds with his monstrous, ancient shears right before your eyes. Ambrosi is no peddler of wares, no merchant of goods. He not interested in your money. He gives and takes exactly what you deserve. Ambrosi, you’ll hear, does not suffer fools.
You’d be forgiven for believing Ambrosi doesn’t even exist. It’s said he prefers it that way and no client who wishes to remain one will speak of him.post #5403 of 140381/31/13 at 12:36pmpost #5404 of 140381/31/13 at 12:36pmpost #5405 of 140381/31/13 at 12:53pmQuote:
+1. LOL. I like the literary tone of his posts, however. Makes me wish I had the time to do something like that and write about it afterwards. Even though he speaks of a romanticized Naples, a Naples that only exists in the minds of prospective tourists.
'They say Naples is so confoundingly, achingly beautiful that it drives outsiders mad. The Spanish Quarter, the city’s beating heart, vexes most of all. To wander its narrow, laundry-canopied streets is to come face-to-face with the Neapolitan soul.
... It draws you in as it repels you. It’s a city inside a city and yet the entire universe is not big enough for it.
...Yet, the most beguiling quality of Naples is that it beguiles with truth. Here, all facades are shattered or are certain to be. The only thing that thrives here is the primordial grit of human existence, what remains after glory has faded and is certain to never return. From time to time, the stuff of myth materializes from that grit and takes the form of cloth and thread.'post #5406 of 140381/31/13 at 1:10pmpost #5407 of 140381/31/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Hank is not orange, despite what the lying-ass iPhone lens says. Actually brown, gold, burgundy, and green. Tie is olive with cream dots.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If you need to take photos with an iPhone, Matte Box is a pretty good app that has more powerful processing options than others, including adjusting the white balance! Which is what you need to get the color right (although I find iPhone really struggles with oranges and reds no matter what).post #5408 of 140381/31/13 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by mymilQuote:If you need to take photos with an iPhone, Matte Box is a pretty good app that has more powerful processing options than others, including adjusting the white balance! Which is what you need to get the color right (although I find iPhone really struggles with oranges and reds no matter what).Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Hank is not orange, despite what the lying-ass iPhone lens says. Actually brown, gold, burgundy, and green. Tie is olive with cream dots. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks. I'm actually using an app which can adjust white balance, but as you say, it makes oranges/reds look damned near fluorescent at times.post #5409 of 140381/31/13 at 1:29pmpost #5410 of 140381/31/13 at 1:32pmpost #5411 of 140381/31/13 at 1:39pmpost #5412 of 140381/31/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
Just reading it now- looking forward to the rest of your archived posts. Trying to soak up as much info as possible about the best shops here in Naples.
PS demo is clear and easy to understand.post #5413 of 140381/31/13 at 2:05pmpost #5414 of 140381/31/13 at 3:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Wow, guys, that is a lot of stuff to look through. Will try to get to it this afternoon.
Related, I've put up a new blog post that explains how to stuff your square. See here. It was inspired by this thread. Hopefully it will help you all win some more foo points and generally score big in life.
You might notice my older blog entries are gone. Well, I finally got my domain back (www.tweedinthecity.com) and decided to revamp the whole site. It will take some time to transfer things.
I hope the square guidance is helpful. Click on the image gallery to see a diagram if the description doesn't make sense.
That's a cool diagram.
But that's basically a folded puff, except that you bend it like beckham. I'm not quite sure I fully grasp the superiority of this fold - at the end, it's a folded puff - but it gave us a cool foo diagram and it makes you happy.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 42 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 57 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Futura Laboratories Cotton Drizzler Bomber Jacket $495 Lightweight L 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.