It has a white linen square, I'm doomed? In all seriousness, I like the recent turn this thread's taken on cleaning things up. I love hearing thoughts/theories....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 11/15/13 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 361
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5402 of 115411/31/13 at 12:33pmQuote:
I think you've been hacked because someone went in and posted this:Quote:It is a man who is said to live there. They say Antonio Ambrosi is either the most revered trousermaker in the world, or the world’s only true trousermaker. Who can say which? But it is known that one or both are certainly true. On internet forums, the name of Ambrosi is whispered in the same hushed, somber tones with which one speaks of the devil. It is said you cannot simply make an appointment with Antonio Ambrosi. One must first be introduced–by who, no one knows. And then, they say, you do not simply order a pair of trousers. Ambrosi decides what it pleases him to make. It’s said he is a true artist and will charge you a price befitting your character. If you are judged a truly dishonest man (the worst thing a man can be), Ambrosi will make you wait years before finally presenting you with the trousers he’s made for you, letting you then touch and feel them, so that you are absolutely convinced a finer pair of trousers does not exist in the world and never could, before he suddenly takes them away, cutting them to shreds with his monstrous, ancient shears right before your eyes. Ambrosi is no peddler of wares, no merchant of goods. He not interested in your money. He gives and takes exactly what you deserve. Ambrosi, you’ll hear, does not suffer fools.
You’d be forgiven for believing Ambrosi doesn’t even exist. It’s said he prefers it that way and no client who wishes to remain one will speak of him.post #5403 of 115411/31/13 at 12:36pmpost #5404 of 115411/31/13 at 12:36pmpost #5405 of 115411/31/13 at 12:53pmQuote:
+1. LOL. I like the literary tone of his posts, however. Makes me wish I had the time to do something like that and write about it afterwards. Even though he speaks of a romanticized Naples, a Naples that only exists in the minds of prospective tourists.
'They say Naples is so confoundingly, achingly beautiful that it drives outsiders mad. The Spanish Quarter, the city’s beating heart, vexes most of all. To wander its narrow, laundry-canopied streets is to come face-to-face with the Neapolitan soul.
... It draws you in as it repels you. It’s a city inside a city and yet the entire universe is not big enough for it.
...Yet, the most beguiling quality of Naples is that it beguiles with truth. Here, all facades are shattered or are certain to be. The only thing that thrives here is the primordial grit of human existence, what remains after glory has faded and is certain to never return. From time to time, the stuff of myth materializes from that grit and takes the form of cloth and thread.'post #5406 of 115411/31/13 at 1:10pmpost #5407 of 115411/31/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Hank is not orange, despite what the lying-ass iPhone lens says. Actually brown, gold, burgundy, and green. Tie is olive with cream dots.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If you need to take photos with an iPhone, Matte Box is a pretty good app that has more powerful processing options than others, including adjusting the white balance! Which is what you need to get the color right (although I find iPhone really struggles with oranges and reds no matter what).post #5408 of 115411/31/13 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by mymilQuote:If you need to take photos with an iPhone, Matte Box is a pretty good app that has more powerful processing options than others, including adjusting the white balance! Which is what you need to get the color right (although I find iPhone really struggles with oranges and reds no matter what).Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Hank is not orange, despite what the lying-ass iPhone lens says. Actually brown, gold, burgundy, and green. Tie is olive with cream dots. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks. I'm actually using an app which can adjust white balance, but as you say, it makes oranges/reds look damned near fluorescent at times.post #5409 of 115411/31/13 at 1:29pmpost #5410 of 115411/31/13 at 1:32pmpost #5411 of 115411/31/13 at 1:39pmpost #5412 of 115411/31/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
Just reading it now- looking forward to the rest of your archived posts. Trying to soak up as much info as possible about the best shops here in Naples.
PS demo is clear and easy to understand.post #5413 of 115411/31/13 at 2:05pmpost #5414 of 115411/31/13 at 3:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Wow, guys, that is a lot of stuff to look through. Will try to get to it this afternoon.
Related, I've put up a new blog post that explains how to stuff your square. See here. It was inspired by this thread. Hopefully it will help you all win some more foo points and generally score big in life.
You might notice my older blog entries are gone. Well, I finally got my domain back (www.tweedinthecity.com) and decided to revamp the whole site. It will take some time to transfer things.
I hope the square guidance is helpful. Click on the image gallery to see a diagram if the description doesn't make sense.
That's a cool diagram.
But that's basically a folded puff, except that you bend it like beckham. I'm not quite sure I fully grasp the superiority of this fold - at the end, it's a folded puff - but it gave us a cool foo diagram and it makes you happy.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › StyleForum Gift Giving Guide FW 2013 - Part 2 of 3 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 16 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw