It has a white linen square, I'm doomed? In all seriousness, I like the recent turn this thread's taken on cleaning things up. I love hearing thoughts/theories....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 361
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5402 of 126021/31/13 at 12:33pmQuote:
I think you've been hacked because someone went in and posted this:Quote:It is a man who is said to live there. They say Antonio Ambrosi is either the most revered trousermaker in the world, or the world’s only true trousermaker. Who can say which? But it is known that one or both are certainly true. On internet forums, the name of Ambrosi is whispered in the same hushed, somber tones with which one speaks of the devil. It is said you cannot simply make an appointment with Antonio Ambrosi. One must first be introduced–by who, no one knows. And then, they say, you do not simply order a pair of trousers. Ambrosi decides what it pleases him to make. It’s said he is a true artist and will charge you a price befitting your character. If you are judged a truly dishonest man (the worst thing a man can be), Ambrosi will make you wait years before finally presenting you with the trousers he’s made for you, letting you then touch and feel them, so that you are absolutely convinced a finer pair of trousers does not exist in the world and never could, before he suddenly takes them away, cutting them to shreds with his monstrous, ancient shears right before your eyes. Ambrosi is no peddler of wares, no merchant of goods. He not interested in your money. He gives and takes exactly what you deserve. Ambrosi, you’ll hear, does not suffer fools.
You’d be forgiven for believing Ambrosi doesn’t even exist. It’s said he prefers it that way and no client who wishes to remain one will speak of him.post #5403 of 126021/31/13 at 12:36pmpost #5404 of 126021/31/13 at 12:36pmpost #5405 of 126021/31/13 at 12:53pmQuote:
+1. LOL. I like the literary tone of his posts, however. Makes me wish I had the time to do something like that and write about it afterwards. Even though he speaks of a romanticized Naples, a Naples that only exists in the minds of prospective tourists.
'They say Naples is so confoundingly, achingly beautiful that it drives outsiders mad. The Spanish Quarter, the city’s beating heart, vexes most of all. To wander its narrow, laundry-canopied streets is to come face-to-face with the Neapolitan soul.
... It draws you in as it repels you. It’s a city inside a city and yet the entire universe is not big enough for it.
...Yet, the most beguiling quality of Naples is that it beguiles with truth. Here, all facades are shattered or are certain to be. The only thing that thrives here is the primordial grit of human existence, what remains after glory has faded and is certain to never return. From time to time, the stuff of myth materializes from that grit and takes the form of cloth and thread.'post #5406 of 126021/31/13 at 1:10pmpost #5407 of 126021/31/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Hank is not orange, despite what the lying-ass iPhone lens says. Actually brown, gold, burgundy, and green. Tie is olive with cream dots.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If you need to take photos with an iPhone, Matte Box is a pretty good app that has more powerful processing options than others, including adjusting the white balance! Which is what you need to get the color right (although I find iPhone really struggles with oranges and reds no matter what).post #5408 of 126021/31/13 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by mymilQuote:If you need to take photos with an iPhone, Matte Box is a pretty good app that has more powerful processing options than others, including adjusting the white balance! Which is what you need to get the color right (although I find iPhone really struggles with oranges and reds no matter what).Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Hank is not orange, despite what the lying-ass iPhone lens says. Actually brown, gold, burgundy, and green. Tie is olive with cream dots. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks. I'm actually using an app which can adjust white balance, but as you say, it makes oranges/reds look damned near fluorescent at times.post #5409 of 126021/31/13 at 1:29pmpost #5410 of 126021/31/13 at 1:32pmpost #5411 of 126021/31/13 at 1:39pmpost #5412 of 126021/31/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
Just reading it now- looking forward to the rest of your archived posts. Trying to soak up as much info as possible about the best shops here in Naples.
PS demo is clear and easy to understand.post #5413 of 126021/31/13 at 2:05pmpost #5414 of 126021/31/13 at 3:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Wow, guys, that is a lot of stuff to look through. Will try to get to it this afternoon.
Related, I've put up a new blog post that explains how to stuff your square. See here. It was inspired by this thread. Hopefully it will help you all win some more foo points and generally score big in life.
You might notice my older blog entries are gone. Well, I finally got my domain back (www.tweedinthecity.com) and decided to revamp the whole site. It will take some time to transfer things.
I hope the square guidance is helpful. Click on the image gallery to see a diagram if the description doesn't make sense.
That's a cool diagram.
But that's basically a folded puff, except that you bend it like beckham. I'm not quite sure I fully grasp the superiority of this fold - at the end, it's a folded puff - but it gave us a cool foo diagram and it makes you happy.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 18 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 16 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 18 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 21 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 25 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 27 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)