This would have made for an infinitely funnier name for MC, rather than going for "Classic Menswear."
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:07 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 1/22/15 at 12:32pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 351
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5252 of 136181/29/13 at 2:45pmpost #5253 of 136181/29/13 at 2:46pmpost #5254 of 136181/29/13 at 2:48pmHaven't posted in a long time: Foo, yesterday, I was dressed much like Stitchy's fit above and wasn't pleased with the look.
Can you talk a little bit about or give some examples of more monochromatic looks that work. Second, here's what I'm wearing today. Again, less than thrilled with it. Interested in your thoughts.
Tie is actually dark bitter chocolate but the square is accurate.post #5255 of 136181/29/13 at 2:50pmpost #5256 of 136181/29/13 at 2:51pmpost #5257 of 136181/29/13 at 2:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofanQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
I'll join you with the square fail. lead the way crat... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That square is really hideous. But more importantly, it is totally unseasonable. Quite a shame, because your outfit is otherwise quite nice (I'm ignoring the coat because I can't tell what color it is). The green tie, brown jacket, light blue shirt, and medium grey trousers are fantastic together. You just need a new square. I have a navy blue Drake's unicorn square with gold and red accents that would have been quite nice here. In fact, there are a mind-boggling number of squares that would work.
How on earth did you manage to pick one of the few that doesn't?
I disagree with the general statement that the square is hideous. In my opinion, in the words of Jim Carrey, the square is B-E-A-UTIFUL.
BUT I don't know enough about matching pocket squares to dispute your assessment that the square is wrong in in this ensemble. So I won't disagree with you there.
In case you were offering aforementioned Drake's square for the sake of forging a master-padawan relationship with me, I'll gladly forward you my address.
2 out of 5 foos: I aimed for three but two are more than a young grasshopper such as myself could have hoped for.
PS:the coat is of course navy.post #5258 of 136181/29/13 at 2:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Two things, Stitch: (1) I've seen your other outfits, and (2) you have made it abundantly clear, time and time again, you are not interested in anything that contradicts your personal opinion. Unless that second point changes, please don't submit more outfits to be judged here. We're just going to go in circles. Asking people to take time to judge you and then summarily reject the basis of judgment is trolling. Future outfits will be deleted unless you change acknowledge that problem and endeavor to correct it.Quote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
No, it's not the socks. He has repeatedly reacted exactly the same way to the criticisms I've given him: "Well, fine, but I personally disagree." That is what I mean by summarily rejecting the basis of judgment. In other contexts, that's fine. None of us have to listen to each other if we don't want to. However, the point of this thread is precisely to be judged and I am partially responsible for keeping it on track.
Keep in mind, It takes effort to think through these things, then write a reasoned explanation. It's not fair for him to clog up the thread and waste others' time. Like I said, if he commits himself to processing and using the criticism he's given here, it's all good. Otherwise, I see no point in making the same comments over and over again about the same sort of outfits.
i have taken much advise to heart, and made a great number of changes based on critiques i have received here, regardless of whether or not i understood them at the time. happens to be, i disagree with you on this fit, for reasons given already by others. i think the color contrast is more than sufficient, and that the texture contrast is quite tasteful. you disagree. not a big deal. i see no need for you to call me a troll. i keep a very open mind, but just because you say something does not make it unimpeachable truth. is it impossible for you to accept that there are opinions other than your own, and that it is possible some of them may be valid?
i think its pretty clear that other people here have the impression that i do take critique to heart. maybe, unknowingly, i have been more dismissive of some things you particularly have said, i honestly do not recall every reply i have made to the many critiques i have received. maybe that is the issue, idrk, but i certainly am not here to waste anyones time. i will keep this possibility in mind, and be sure to reply to any of your future critiques with more substance than just saying i disagree, i hope that is sufficient.
what i am particularly interested in, when i mentioned digging up old posts, are fits not that i specifically liked, but ones that other people liked, and that i put together based heavily on the input of others. i would be curious as to your take on them, provided we are in agreeance (apparently that may not be a real word, who knew?) that i will try and be more explanatory should i disagree with you, and that you will therefor not outright delete my posts. i see no reason why we cant get along well.post #5259 of 136181/29/13 at 2:54pmQuote:
Being monochromatic on its own is not a problem. But you need to be dynamic enough with your contrast, textures, patterns, etc. to compensate. Imagine a slate blue flannel suit with a light blue and white bengal-striped poplin shirt, dark navy grenadine tie, and cream silk square. It works because the blues differ enough in saturation and brightness.Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie is actually dark bitter chocolate but the square is accurate.
The purple in the square is both random and distracting. The brown in it is too close in your tie. But otherwise, the outfit is fine. You might have hit without the square.
Final score:post #5260 of 136181/29/13 at 2:55pmpost #5261 of 136181/29/13 at 2:56pmpost #5262 of 136181/29/13 at 2:59pmpost #5263 of 136181/29/13 at 2:59pmpost #5264 of 136181/29/13 at 3:00pmpost #5265 of 136181/29/13 at 3:01pmQuote:
I was strictly speaking on behalf of the thick kimono silk, I didn't mean pocketsquares in general. I agree with you that it depends on the material as well as the occasion.
I do the puff the fold the tuck and the I don't give a f*** with my squares, too. I didn't, I repeat, I did not try to promote a "oneSquare™" way of life in any way shape or form.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 24 seconds ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning Fisherman Jacket 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Comfort Craftsman Chestnut 6G / 7 US 17 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 19 minutes ago
- › ***The official LVC thread*** 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays