This would have made for an infinitely funnier name for MC, rather than going for "Classic Menswear."
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:31 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 351post #5252 of 141211/29/13 at 2:45pmpost #5253 of 141211/29/13 at 2:46pmpost #5254 of 141211/29/13 at 2:48pmHaven't posted in a long time: Foo, yesterday, I was dressed much like Stitchy's fit above and wasn't pleased with the look.
Can you talk a little bit about or give some examples of more monochromatic looks that work. Second, here's what I'm wearing today. Again, less than thrilled with it. Interested in your thoughts.
Tie is actually dark bitter chocolate but the square is accurate.post #5255 of 141211/29/13 at 2:50pmpost #5256 of 141211/29/13 at 2:51pmpost #5257 of 141211/29/13 at 2:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofanQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
I'll join you with the square fail. lead the way crat... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That square is really hideous. But more importantly, it is totally unseasonable. Quite a shame, because your outfit is otherwise quite nice (I'm ignoring the coat because I can't tell what color it is). The green tie, brown jacket, light blue shirt, and medium grey trousers are fantastic together. You just need a new square. I have a navy blue Drake's unicorn square with gold and red accents that would have been quite nice here. In fact, there are a mind-boggling number of squares that would work.
How on earth did you manage to pick one of the few that doesn't?
I disagree with the general statement that the square is hideous. In my opinion, in the words of Jim Carrey, the square is B-E-A-UTIFUL.
BUT I don't know enough about matching pocket squares to dispute your assessment that the square is wrong in in this ensemble. So I won't disagree with you there.
In case you were offering aforementioned Drake's square for the sake of forging a master-padawan relationship with me, I'll gladly forward you my address.
2 out of 5 foos: I aimed for three but two are more than a young grasshopper such as myself could have hoped for.
PS:the coat is of course navy.post #5258 of 141211/29/13 at 2:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Two things, Stitch: (1) I've seen your other outfits, and (2) you have made it abundantly clear, time and time again, you are not interested in anything that contradicts your personal opinion. Unless that second point changes, please don't submit more outfits to be judged here. We're just going to go in circles. Asking people to take time to judge you and then summarily reject the basis of judgment is trolling. Future outfits will be deleted unless you change acknowledge that problem and endeavor to correct it.Quote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
No, it's not the socks. He has repeatedly reacted exactly the same way to the criticisms I've given him: "Well, fine, but I personally disagree." That is what I mean by summarily rejecting the basis of judgment. In other contexts, that's fine. None of us have to listen to each other if we don't want to. However, the point of this thread is precisely to be judged and I am partially responsible for keeping it on track.
Keep in mind, It takes effort to think through these things, then write a reasoned explanation. It's not fair for him to clog up the thread and waste others' time. Like I said, if he commits himself to processing and using the criticism he's given here, it's all good. Otherwise, I see no point in making the same comments over and over again about the same sort of outfits.
i have taken much advise to heart, and made a great number of changes based on critiques i have received here, regardless of whether or not i understood them at the time. happens to be, i disagree with you on this fit, for reasons given already by others. i think the color contrast is more than sufficient, and that the texture contrast is quite tasteful. you disagree. not a big deal. i see no need for you to call me a troll. i keep a very open mind, but just because you say something does not make it unimpeachable truth. is it impossible for you to accept that there are opinions other than your own, and that it is possible some of them may be valid?
i think its pretty clear that other people here have the impression that i do take critique to heart. maybe, unknowingly, i have been more dismissive of some things you particularly have said, i honestly do not recall every reply i have made to the many critiques i have received. maybe that is the issue, idrk, but i certainly am not here to waste anyones time. i will keep this possibility in mind, and be sure to reply to any of your future critiques with more substance than just saying i disagree, i hope that is sufficient.
what i am particularly interested in, when i mentioned digging up old posts, are fits not that i specifically liked, but ones that other people liked, and that i put together based heavily on the input of others. i would be curious as to your take on them, provided we are in agreeance (apparently that may not be a real word, who knew?) that i will try and be more explanatory should i disagree with you, and that you will therefor not outright delete my posts. i see no reason why we cant get along well.post #5259 of 141211/29/13 at 2:54pmQuote:
Being monochromatic on its own is not a problem. But you need to be dynamic enough with your contrast, textures, patterns, etc. to compensate. Imagine a slate blue flannel suit with a light blue and white bengal-striped poplin shirt, dark navy grenadine tie, and cream silk square. It works because the blues differ enough in saturation and brightness.Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie is actually dark bitter chocolate but the square is accurate.
The purple in the square is both random and distracting. The brown in it is too close in your tie. But otherwise, the outfit is fine. You might have hit without the square.
Final score:post #5260 of 141211/29/13 at 2:55pmpost #5261 of 141211/29/13 at 2:56pmpost #5262 of 141211/29/13 at 2:59pmpost #5263 of 141211/29/13 at 2:59pmpost #5264 of 141211/29/13 at 3:00pmpost #5265 of 141211/29/13 at 3:01pmQuote:
I was strictly speaking on behalf of the thick kimono silk, I didn't mean pocketsquares in general. I agree with you that it depends on the material as well as the occasion.
I do the puff the fold the tuck and the I don't give a f*** with my squares, too. I didn't, I repeat, I did not try to promote a "oneSquare™" way of life in any way shape or form.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 33 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 48 seconds ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this charcoal sports coat? 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 17 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 18 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...