Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 1/19/17 at 2:13pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 350post #5236 of 141411/29/13 at 2:18pmpost #5237 of 141411/29/13 at 2:26pmQuote:
Even if so, that's an improvement. Fewer bad examples to be copied.post #5238 of 141411/29/13 at 2:26pmpost #5239 of 141411/29/13 at 2:28pm
Foo, 2 and 3 are the same outfit at different distances. Sorry for posting two at a time, but I'll be gone for five days in a few hours from now, so wanted to leave those
Suggestions are duly noted, of course. I've always thought "puffing technique" is something I really need to practice, and I really do need more subtle squares...post #5240 of 141411/29/13 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crat
Since we are apparently allowed to dig into the archives I'm curious if this is worth a Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'll join you with the square fail. lead the way crat...
how many :foo:s for wearing the square folded like this. I'm still convinced that this is superior to puffed.post #5241 of 141411/29/13 at 2:28pmpost #5242 of 141411/29/13 at 2:30pmpost #5243 of 141411/29/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
No, it's not the socks. He has repeatedly reacted exactly the same way to the criticisms I've given him: "Well, fine, but I personally disagree." That is what I mean by summarily rejecting the basis of judgment. In other contexts, that's fine. None of us have to listen to each other if we don't want to. However, the point of this thread is precisely to be judged and I am partially responsible for keeping it on track.
Keep in mind, It takes effort to think through these things, then write a reasoned explanation. It's not fair for him to clog up the thread and waste others' time. Like I said, if he commits himself to processing and using the criticism he's given here, it's all good. Otherwise, I see no point in making the same comments over and over again about the same sort of outfits.
Not that you're required to notice, but he has adopted or at least tried the suggestions of many others. If you don't want to comment on his fits anymore, then just don't comment. I get that this is at least half entertainment, and snarkiness is part of the fun, but telling him his fits don't belong on StyleForum and threatening to delete future posts in this thread is excessive. Especially for a fit that by your own admission is unobjectionable, even if you find it boring. Just tell him "one at a time please until everybody gets their chance" and move along.post #5244 of 141411/29/13 at 2:32pmpost #5245 of 141411/29/13 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
I'll join you with the square fail. lead the way crat... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That square is really hideous. But more importantly, it is totally unseasonable. Quite a shame, because your outfit is otherwise quite nice (I'm ignoring the coat because I can't tell what color it is). The green tie, brown jacket, light blue shirt, and medium grey trousers are fantastic together. You just need a new square. I have a navy blue Drake's unicorn square with gold and red accents that would have been quite nice here. In fact, there are a mind-boggling number of squares that would work.
How on earth did you manage to pick one of the few that doesn't?
Final score:post #5246 of 141411/29/13 at 2:38pmpost #5247 of 141411/29/13 at 2:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Not that you're required to notice, but he has adopted or at least tried the suggestions of many others. If you don't want to comment on his fits anymore, then just don't comment. I get that this is at least half entertainment, and snarkiness is part of the fun, but telling him his fits don't belong on StyleForum and threatening to delete future posts in this thread is excessive. Especially for a fit that by your own admission is unobjectionable, even if you find it boring. Just tell him "one at a time please until everybody gets their chance" and move along.
Whether he appreciates judgment in general is irrelevant. This is a DH-created thread that is meant to specifically privilege certain members' judgment over others. Posts that derail by fundamentally rejecting the thread's premise will be deleted, regardless of who posts them.
That's the last I'm going to say about this intra-thread. If you want to chat in PM, shoot me a message.post #5248 of 141411/29/13 at 2:40pmpost #5249 of 141411/29/13 at 2:40pmpost #5250 of 141411/29/13 at 2:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by aravenel
OK, let's try this. From last week.
I expect to lose points for the pocket square, which I agree with. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You know, the color palette is quite nice--except that the white square really cuts the eye. As you might've imagined I'd say, the outfit calls for a softer, non-linen square.
The other problem is the jacket's pattern. Glen plaid is really more appropriate for a suit.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...