Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:52 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on Yesterday at 3:30 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 350post #5236 of 136181/29/13 at 2:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5237 of 136181/29/13 at 2:26pmQuote:
Even if so, that's an improvement. Fewer bad examples to be copied.post #5238 of 136181/29/13 at 2:26pmpost #5239 of 136181/29/13 at 2:28pm
Foo, 2 and 3 are the same outfit at different distances. Sorry for posting two at a time, but I'll be gone for five days in a few hours from now, so wanted to leave those
Suggestions are duly noted, of course. I've always thought "puffing technique" is something I really need to practice, and I really do need more subtle squares...post #5240 of 136181/29/13 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crat
Since we are apparently allowed to dig into the archives I'm curious if this is worth a Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'll join you with the square fail. lead the way crat...
how many :foo:s for wearing the square folded like this. I'm still convinced that this is superior to puffed.post #5241 of 136181/29/13 at 2:28pmpost #5242 of 136181/29/13 at 2:30pmpost #5243 of 136181/29/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
No, it's not the socks. He has repeatedly reacted exactly the same way to the criticisms I've given him: "Well, fine, but I personally disagree." That is what I mean by summarily rejecting the basis of judgment. In other contexts, that's fine. None of us have to listen to each other if we don't want to. However, the point of this thread is precisely to be judged and I am partially responsible for keeping it on track.
Keep in mind, It takes effort to think through these things, then write a reasoned explanation. It's not fair for him to clog up the thread and waste others' time. Like I said, if he commits himself to processing and using the criticism he's given here, it's all good. Otherwise, I see no point in making the same comments over and over again about the same sort of outfits.
Not that you're required to notice, but he has adopted or at least tried the suggestions of many others. If you don't want to comment on his fits anymore, then just don't comment. I get that this is at least half entertainment, and snarkiness is part of the fun, but telling him his fits don't belong on StyleForum and threatening to delete future posts in this thread is excessive. Especially for a fit that by your own admission is unobjectionable, even if you find it boring. Just tell him "one at a time please until everybody gets their chance" and move along.post #5244 of 136181/29/13 at 2:32pmpost #5245 of 136181/29/13 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
I'll join you with the square fail. lead the way crat... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That square is really hideous. But more importantly, it is totally unseasonable. Quite a shame, because your outfit is otherwise quite nice (I'm ignoring the coat because I can't tell what color it is). The green tie, brown jacket, light blue shirt, and medium grey trousers are fantastic together. You just need a new square. I have a navy blue Drake's unicorn square with gold and red accents that would have been quite nice here. In fact, there are a mind-boggling number of squares that would work.
How on earth did you manage to pick one of the few that doesn't?
Final score:post #5246 of 136181/29/13 at 2:38pmpost #5247 of 136181/29/13 at 2:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Not that you're required to notice, but he has adopted or at least tried the suggestions of many others. If you don't want to comment on his fits anymore, then just don't comment. I get that this is at least half entertainment, and snarkiness is part of the fun, but telling him his fits don't belong on StyleForum and threatening to delete future posts in this thread is excessive. Especially for a fit that by your own admission is unobjectionable, even if you find it boring. Just tell him "one at a time please until everybody gets their chance" and move along.
Whether he appreciates judgment in general is irrelevant. This is a DH-created thread that is meant to specifically privilege certain members' judgment over others. Posts that derail by fundamentally rejecting the thread's premise will be deleted, regardless of who posts them.
That's the last I'm going to say about this intra-thread. If you want to chat in PM, shoot me a message.post #5248 of 136181/29/13 at 2:40pmpost #5249 of 136181/29/13 at 2:40pmpost #5250 of 136181/29/13 at 2:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by aravenel
OK, let's try this. From last week.
I expect to lose points for the pocket square, which I agree with. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You know, the color palette is quite nice--except that the white square really cuts the eye. As you might've imagined I'd say, the outfit calls for a softer, non-linen square.
The other problem is the jacket's pattern. Glen plaid is really more appropriate for a suit.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 36 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 41 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 2 minutes ago
- › I can't find this type of collar anywhere - any MTM stores have this? 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays