Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 4:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 3:04 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 302post #4516 of 139621/11/13 at 3:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4517 of 139621/11/13 at 7:30ampost #4518 of 139621/11/13 at 7:41ampost #4519 of 139621/11/13 at 7:48ampost #4520 of 139621/11/13 at 7:56ampost #4521 of 139621/11/13 at 7:56ampost #4522 of 139621/11/13 at 8:05ampost #4523 of 139621/11/13 at 8:14am
i was, yes.
good point. post has been edited. trini, please do the same.Quote:
i would think so. its just a blue SC with a windowpane.post #4524 of 139621/11/13 at 8:20ampost #4525 of 139621/11/13 at 8:55ampost #4526 of 139621/11/13 at 9:17ampost #4527 of 139621/11/13 at 9:37amQuote:
thanks clags. very kind of you to say so.
for me it boils down to this.
when someone here who i trust to know what they are talking about, and i know that they are speaking with intent to help, not be negative just for the sake of it, tells me something about my fit, its always worth my while to consider it. more so, if someone takes the time to help, and i dismiss it out of hand, them im a jerk.
i know that i am far from perfect at this, and the improvement i have made, is due to all the help i have received from people here, both publicly and through PM/email, and the time they spent to help me.
its only beneficial to me to pay attention to the advice offered, and utilize that which i feel is good for me. being stuffy about it only holds me back in my progress, and is likely to make those that have helped, not want to do so in the future.Quote:
thanks, buddy.post #4528 of 139621/11/13 at 11:13ampost #4529 of 139621/11/13 at 11:29ampost #4530 of 139621/11/13 at 12:38pm
I don't see the point in this post.Quote:
I think I know where you're coming from. The orthodox choice surely would have been a dark brown oxford of some kind. But, given the texture of the flannel and that the Chukkas are as dressy as Chukkas can get (very dark brown, no casual details like a light sole etc), I thought it could work.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1456 Active Users (238 Members and 1218 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › What to Buy From Saint Laurent 7 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › GMTO Gaziano & Girling Mole Suede Arran Chukka 12 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 13 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 14 minutes ago
- › Fit on Patrik Ervell Jeans 21 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015