Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:23 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 298post #4456 of 139451/4/13 at 4:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4457 of 139451/4/13 at 5:09pmpost #4458 of 139451/4/13 at 10:32pmpost #4459 of 139451/5/13 at 12:57amQuote:
Hmmm, I don't think they are that hard to pair, only because there's a single pant colour that works with them: light gray. So you don't have to think much But they are as easy to accesorize as a charcoal suit, which is why I like them, though they don't get much love around these parts.
The fabric for a charcoal SC needs to be an obvious odd jacket cloth, though (fuzzy plaids, tweeds...). Otherwise it's too easy to look like an orphaned suit jacket.post #4460 of 139451/5/13 at 7:51ampost #4461 of 139451/5/13 at 8:09ampost #4462 of 139451/5/13 at 10:21amQuote:Ah, but isn't the devil, or God, in the details?Originally Posted by in stitches
...i dont think loud socks would take away from the top half being posted here as good taste. if i were wearing serious FU pants that would be one thing, but if the whole fit is reasonably in good taste, i dont think that socks that may be off prevent the top from belonging here. just my opinion...post #4463 of 139451/5/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
I'm dubious about today's shirt being in good taste (and as a consequence, the whole outfit, due to excessive pattern usage), but I ran out of solid light blue shirts; otherwise this would have been a light blue OCBD. The pattern on the jacket is so subtle maybe this is acceptable.
Shirt is a med blue/white bengal stripe and I'm thinking it would help if the stripes were lighter, too. Any thoughts?
Colours are closer to reality on the full body shot.
IMHO, it works.post #4464 of 139451/5/13 at 4:14pmpost #4465 of 139451/7/13 at 9:43ampost #4466 of 139451/7/13 at 9:50ampost #4467 of 139451/7/13 at 11:01ampost #4468 of 139451/7/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
thanks guys. shirt is a barba. i guess its a chambray, or end on end? someone here will be able to clarify im sure.
yes i am wearing an overcoat. i usually take it off for my pics, but it looked good with the combo i thought, so i kept it on. its a zegna cashmere. the softest fabric i have even laid my hands on, hands down. and ive touched some soft ass fabric in my day. lol. but also srs.
tie is brooks brothers. got it yesterday.post #4469 of 139451/8/13 at 9:03ampost #4470 of 139451/8/13 at 9:07am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 39 seconds ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › alden cigar shell cordovan cap toe boot 9.5 B/D 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan