Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 298post #4456 of 141221/4/13 at 4:58pmpost #4457 of 141221/4/13 at 5:09pmpost #4458 of 141221/4/13 at 10:32pmpost #4459 of 141221/5/13 at 12:57amQuote:
Hmmm, I don't think they are that hard to pair, only because there's a single pant colour that works with them: light gray. So you don't have to think much But they are as easy to accesorize as a charcoal suit, which is why I like them, though they don't get much love around these parts.
The fabric for a charcoal SC needs to be an obvious odd jacket cloth, though (fuzzy plaids, tweeds...). Otherwise it's too easy to look like an orphaned suit jacket.post #4460 of 141221/5/13 at 7:51ampost #4461 of 141221/5/13 at 8:09ampost #4462 of 141221/5/13 at 10:21amQuote:Ah, but isn't the devil, or God, in the details?Originally Posted by in stitches
...i dont think loud socks would take away from the top half being posted here as good taste. if i were wearing serious FU pants that would be one thing, but if the whole fit is reasonably in good taste, i dont think that socks that may be off prevent the top from belonging here. just my opinion...post #4463 of 141221/5/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
I'm dubious about today's shirt being in good taste (and as a consequence, the whole outfit, due to excessive pattern usage), but I ran out of solid light blue shirts; otherwise this would have been a light blue OCBD. The pattern on the jacket is so subtle maybe this is acceptable.
Shirt is a med blue/white bengal stripe and I'm thinking it would help if the stripes were lighter, too. Any thoughts?
Colours are closer to reality on the full body shot.
IMHO, it works.post #4464 of 141221/5/13 at 4:14pmpost #4465 of 141221/7/13 at 9:43ampost #4466 of 141221/7/13 at 9:50ampost #4467 of 141221/7/13 at 11:01ampost #4468 of 141221/7/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
thanks guys. shirt is a barba. i guess its a chambray, or end on end? someone here will be able to clarify im sure.
yes i am wearing an overcoat. i usually take it off for my pics, but it looked good with the combo i thought, so i kept it on. its a zegna cashmere. the softest fabric i have even laid my hands on, hands down. and ive touched some soft ass fabric in my day. lol. but also srs.
tie is brooks brothers. got it yesterday.post #4469 of 141221/8/13 at 9:03ampost #4470 of 141221/8/13 at 9:07am
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 10 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 10 minutes ago
- › Unhappy Bespoke Experience Review 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...