Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Today
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 298post #4456 of 139081/4/13 at 4:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4457 of 139081/4/13 at 5:09pmpost #4458 of 139081/4/13 at 10:32pmpost #4459 of 139081/5/13 at 12:57amQuote:
Hmmm, I don't think they are that hard to pair, only because there's a single pant colour that works with them: light gray. So you don't have to think much But they are as easy to accesorize as a charcoal suit, which is why I like them, though they don't get much love around these parts.
The fabric for a charcoal SC needs to be an obvious odd jacket cloth, though (fuzzy plaids, tweeds...). Otherwise it's too easy to look like an orphaned suit jacket.post #4460 of 139081/5/13 at 7:51ampost #4461 of 139081/5/13 at 8:09ampost #4462 of 139081/5/13 at 10:21amQuote:Ah, but isn't the devil, or God, in the details?Originally Posted by in stitches
...i dont think loud socks would take away from the top half being posted here as good taste. if i were wearing serious FU pants that would be one thing, but if the whole fit is reasonably in good taste, i dont think that socks that may be off prevent the top from belonging here. just my opinion...post #4463 of 139081/5/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
I'm dubious about today's shirt being in good taste (and as a consequence, the whole outfit, due to excessive pattern usage), but I ran out of solid light blue shirts; otherwise this would have been a light blue OCBD. The pattern on the jacket is so subtle maybe this is acceptable.
Shirt is a med blue/white bengal stripe and I'm thinking it would help if the stripes were lighter, too. Any thoughts?
Colours are closer to reality on the full body shot.
IMHO, it works.post #4464 of 139081/5/13 at 4:14pmpost #4465 of 139081/7/13 at 9:43ampost #4466 of 139081/7/13 at 9:50ampost #4467 of 139081/7/13 at 11:01ampost #4468 of 139081/7/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
thanks guys. shirt is a barba. i guess its a chambray, or end on end? someone here will be able to clarify im sure.
yes i am wearing an overcoat. i usually take it off for my pics, but it looked good with the combo i thought, so i kept it on. its a zegna cashmere. the softest fabric i have even laid my hands on, hands down. and ive touched some soft ass fabric in my day. lol. but also srs.
tie is brooks brothers. got it yesterday.post #4469 of 139081/8/13 at 9:03ampost #4470 of 139081/8/13 at 9:07am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES... 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots style# 8181 -- size 11.5D -- near new 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › The Suits of Spectre (2015), the latest Bond film 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...