or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 275

post #4111 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

Eligible? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Tie is not really daywear IMHO. At least not with this jacket. Also maybe it's just me but I love this kind of fabric as an overcoat but almost never as a SC
post #4112 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

dare i? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I'm not really digging this one but I'm having a hard time explaining why. What's the tie fabric?
post #4113 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBugatti View Post

Like the colors, but the jacket seems a bit bulky on you.

It's a boxy BB; I don't disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Tie is not really daywear IMHO. At least not with this jacket. Also maybe it's just me but I love this kind of fabric as an overcoat but almost never as a SC

It is a boring matte brown silk tie. It would probably look even more like a turd after dark.
post #4114 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

It is a boring matte brown silk tie. It would probably look even more like a turd after dark.

It's matte? I must be just misinterpreting the photo. I thought it was some satin-y number.
post #4115 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

dare i? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I'm not really digging this one but I'm having a hard time explaining why. What's the tie fabric?

I like the shirt and tie together, but not with that jacket.
post #4116 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

A couple of new ties...





I like the top shirt/tie/jacket combination better. fistbump.gif
post #4117 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by tactical1 View Post

Red tie haters, begone.


I can't say that this is in bad taste, but every element seems pedestrian. At least in this pic, there's no life in the combination. That the tie is such a straightforward red just adds to the snooze. Just one man's opinion, though...
post #4118 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


I can't say that this is in bad taste, but every element seems pedestrian. At least in this pic, there's no life in the combination. That the tie is such a straightforward red just adds to the snooze. Just one man's opinion, though...

I had an appearance in criminal court today with a new client, and in another courtroom with a sterotypical "sober" judge, so "unremarkable" was the target. 

post #4119 of 12602
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I can't say that this is in bad taste, but every element seems pedestrian. At least in this pic, there's no life in the combination. That the tie is such a straightforward red just adds to the snooze. Just one man's opinion, though...
I can.

I didn't really think the thread could get worse, but now it's just like the old CBD thread, where a huge number of the posts are people posting outfits they damn well know violate the premises of the thread, and openly say "Fuck you!!!" every time they do. It's a mural constantly sprayed over by graffiti "artists."

Not you, NORE, your stuff lately has been excellent.
post #4120 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

I'm not really digging this one but I'm having a hard time explaining why. What's the tie fabric?

thats too bad, its pretty sweet. wink.gif

it a wool silk combo. my first rubinacci. inlove.gif
post #4121 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

I can.
I didn't really think the thread could get worse, but now it's just like the old CBD thread, where a huge number of the posts are people posting outfits they damn well know violate the premises of the thread, and openly say "Fuck you!!!" every time they do. It's a mural constantly sprayed over by graffiti "artists."
Not you, NORE, your stuff lately has been excellent.

+1 to all this. This is supposed to be the thread where you post stuff that you think is great, and is within the aesthetic pretty clearly defined within the first few pages of the thread. You shouldn't post here if 1) you're openly challenging that aesthetic - there are plenty of other threads for that 2) you will later say, when your fit is later criticized as being ugly or boring, that that's exactly what you were going for (this has happened two times that I can remember in the past few pages).
post #4122 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

thats too bad, its pretty sweet. wink.gif
it a wool silk combo. my first rubinacci. inlove.gif

I think it might be the tie not working well with the shirt. If you switched out the shirt to be just a light blue oxford cloth, then I think I would like it a lot more. The tie is interesting, I like it.
post #4123 of 12602

Alright, so let me get this straight please, as I don't want to contribute to ruining this thread and I'm sorry if I did - what is exactly the aesthetic defined in the first few pages of this thread? Are odd jackets allowed?

post #4124 of 12602
Today:

post #4125 of 12602
Thread Starter 
that is in good taste
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread