or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 273

post #4081 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

That Armoury logo completely kills this for me...

Can't win 'em all.
post #4082 of 12602
Cool logo. Gives some visual interest.
post #4083 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Simple and soporific again...

I'm interested in the shoulders on this jacket - there's a line of stitching on the shoulder, which I thought was the necessary and sufficient condition for a spalla camicia, but then it doesn't really look like a spalla camicia...is that just the angle/pose in the photo?
post #4084 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvw View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].giffistbump.gif Possibly try jacket and tie combination with light blue shirt as well?

generally i would have, but the function i was attending called for a white shirt. smile.gif

Duly noted and understood. smile.gif
post #4085 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

I think this may be the same tie as GDL was wearing last week, from Drakes.


Color-wise, this looks good, but the lapels look too wide to me.
post #4086 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

I'm interested in the shoulders on this jacket - there's a line of stitching on the shoulder, which I thought was the necessary and sufficient condition for a spalla camicia, but then it doesn't really look like a spalla camicia...is that just the angle/pose in the photo?

According to Patrick (Johnson), this is just a top-stitch done by hand; the suit does not have spalla camicia shoulders but a plain, natural shoulder with minimal padding.
post #4087 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Simple and soporific again...


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifthumbs-up.giffistbump.gif
post #4088 of 12602

That pocket square looks familiar, ColdEyedPugilist. Drake's tiger?

 

 


Edited by RDiaz - 12/18/12 at 1:46pm
post #4089 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

That pocket square looks familiar, ColdEyedPugilist. Drake's tiger?

700

fistbump.gif

And by way of our very own Shaya Green (aka Dave Smith).
post #4090 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

According to Patrick (Johnson), this is just a top-stitch done by hand; the suit does not have spalla camicia shoulders but a plain, natural shoulder with minimal padding.

Interesting...so the seam allowance on the sleevehead is not pressed to the shoulder and stitched by that topstitch? it's just decorative?
post #4091 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Interesting...so the seam allowance on the sleevehead is not pressed to the shoulder and stitched by that topstitch? it's just decorative?

Not sure, actually, Pat's website mentions the AMF top-stitch. Not clear if it's merely decorative ot functional.
post #4092 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

According to Patrick (Johnson), this is just a top-stitch done by hand; the suit does not have spalla camicia shoulders but a plain, natural shoulder with minimal padding.

i love the shoulder stitching. im a sucker for that stuff.
post #4093 of 12602
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

im a sucker.

FTFY
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I keed, I keed!
post #4094 of 12602
post #4095 of 12602
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread