Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/26/15 at 5:35pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 224post #3346 of 1390511/29/12 at 4:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3347 of 1390511/29/12 at 4:52pmQuote:Don't know about the consensus, but reading Diamonds are Forever I came across this yesterday:Quote:It was six o'clock on Thursday evening and Bond was packing his suitcase in his bedroom at the Ritz. It was a battered but once expensive pigskin Revelation and its contents were appropriate to his cover. Evening clothes; his lightweight black and white dog-tooth suit for the country and for golf; Saxone golf shoes; a companion to the dark blue, tropical worsted suit he was wearing, and some white silk and dark blue Sea Island cotton shirts with collars attached and short sleeves.
I recall not being able to really picture what that actually would have looked like, so based on the discussion here I did a quick search and found this and this. I have to say I don't really care for either, but then the moire effect (at least on my screen) isn't helping...post #3348 of 1390511/30/12 at 8:42ampost #3349 of 1390511/30/12 at 9:27amThread Starterpost #3350 of 1390511/30/12 at 9:30ampost #3351 of 1390511/30/12 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Kaplan
Don't know about the consensus, but reading Diamonds are Forever I came across this yesterday:
I recall not being able to really picture what that actually would have looked like, so based on the discussion here I did a quick search and found this and this. I have to say I don't really care for either, but then the moire effect (at least on my screen) isn't helping...
Pretty sure these interference patterns are present on the images rather than an artifact of your monitor. I can also see them, and the fact that they do not move when changing angles is a good tell.
I will now move back from being a physicist to a clothing enthusiast.post #3352 of 1390511/30/12 at 9:45ampost #3353 of 1390511/30/12 at 9:53ampost #3354 of 1390511/30/12 at 9:56ampost #3355 of 1390511/30/12 at 9:56amFred, I am sorry, but that is not up to your usual standards. I am not really a fan of the fabric of the suit, and it doesn't go well with the tie. Bonus points on the hair though Is that perhaps part of what is known on Germany as a VoKuHila ( Vorne kurtz - Hinten lang) - don't see many of those these days...post #3356 of 1390511/30/12 at 10:07amQuote:
I own a scale wise very similar one, while mine is a little more brown/reddish yours seams to be more ochre, green-ish, though. Eitherway I like it.
How do you call a fabric like this? I've always said gunclub houndstooth?post #3357 of 1390511/30/12 at 11:04ampatrickBooth, I think yfyf and whnay have posted houndstooth flannel suits that looked good.
Got a phone w/ a camera in it recently and thought I'd post this, my first and last restroom pic (which may disqualify me from the thread...) in memory of Vox and to contribute to yesterday's glen check sport coat theme. Tie's dark green:post #3358 of 1390511/30/12 at 11:17ampost #3359 of 1390511/30/12 at 11:57ampost #3360 of 1390511/30/12 at 1:05pmQuote:I wore the tie today because my 10 year old daughter gave it to me and wanted me to wear it. That makes it great. I had picked out a nice blue tie with grey highlights that would have been a better choice. But my daughter holds the keys to my heart. Enough said.Originally Posted by steffenbp11
Fred, I am sorry, but that is not up to your usual standards. I am not really a fan of the fabric of the suit, and it doesn't go well with the tie. Bonus points on the hair though Is that perhaps part of what is known on Germany as a VoKuHila ( Vorne kurtz - Hinten lang) - don't see many of those these days...
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1467 Active Users (341 Members and 1126 Guests)
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Should I get these Paul Smith shoes? 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › NWT 42R CORNELIANI blue sport coat - SOFT TAILORING 1 minute ago
- › My wedding... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...