Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:33 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:42 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:34 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 10:16 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 224post #3346 of 1394911/29/12 at 4:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3347 of 1394911/29/12 at 4:52pmQuote:Don't know about the consensus, but reading Diamonds are Forever I came across this yesterday:Quote:It was six o'clock on Thursday evening and Bond was packing his suitcase in his bedroom at the Ritz. It was a battered but once expensive pigskin Revelation and its contents were appropriate to his cover. Evening clothes; his lightweight black and white dog-tooth suit for the country and for golf; Saxone golf shoes; a companion to the dark blue, tropical worsted suit he was wearing, and some white silk and dark blue Sea Island cotton shirts with collars attached and short sleeves.
I recall not being able to really picture what that actually would have looked like, so based on the discussion here I did a quick search and found this and this. I have to say I don't really care for either, but then the moire effect (at least on my screen) isn't helping...post #3348 of 1394911/30/12 at 8:42ampost #3349 of 1394911/30/12 at 9:27amThread Starterpost #3350 of 1394911/30/12 at 9:30ampost #3351 of 1394911/30/12 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Kaplan
Don't know about the consensus, but reading Diamonds are Forever I came across this yesterday:
I recall not being able to really picture what that actually would have looked like, so based on the discussion here I did a quick search and found this and this. I have to say I don't really care for either, but then the moire effect (at least on my screen) isn't helping...
Pretty sure these interference patterns are present on the images rather than an artifact of your monitor. I can also see them, and the fact that they do not move when changing angles is a good tell.
I will now move back from being a physicist to a clothing enthusiast.post #3352 of 1394911/30/12 at 9:45ampost #3353 of 1394911/30/12 at 9:53ampost #3354 of 1394911/30/12 at 9:56ampost #3355 of 1394911/30/12 at 9:56amFred, I am sorry, but that is not up to your usual standards. I am not really a fan of the fabric of the suit, and it doesn't go well with the tie. Bonus points on the hair though Is that perhaps part of what is known on Germany as a VoKuHila ( Vorne kurtz - Hinten lang) - don't see many of those these days...post #3356 of 1394911/30/12 at 10:07amQuote:
I own a scale wise very similar one, while mine is a little more brown/reddish yours seams to be more ochre, green-ish, though. Eitherway I like it.
How do you call a fabric like this? I've always said gunclub houndstooth?post #3357 of 1394911/30/12 at 11:04ampatrickBooth, I think yfyf and whnay have posted houndstooth flannel suits that looked good.
Got a phone w/ a camera in it recently and thought I'd post this, my first and last restroom pic (which may disqualify me from the thread...) in memory of Vox and to contribute to yesterday's glen check sport coat theme. Tie's dark green:post #3358 of 1394911/30/12 at 11:17ampost #3359 of 1394911/30/12 at 11:57ampost #3360 of 1394911/30/12 at 1:05pmQuote:I wore the tie today because my 10 year old daughter gave it to me and wanted me to wear it. That makes it great. I had picked out a nice blue tie with grey highlights that would have been a better choice. But my daughter holds the keys to my heart. Enough said.Originally Posted by steffenbp11
Fred, I am sorry, but that is not up to your usual standards. I am not really a fan of the fabric of the suit, and it doesn't go well with the tie. Bonus points on the hair though Is that perhaps part of what is known on Germany as a VoKuHila ( Vorne kurtz - Hinten lang) - don't see many of those these days...
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1714 Active Users (439 Members and 1275 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...