Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 224post #3346 of 1257711/29/12 at 4:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3347 of 1257711/29/12 at 4:52pmQuote:Don't know about the consensus, but reading Diamonds are Forever I came across this yesterday:Quote:It was six o'clock on Thursday evening and Bond was packing his suitcase in his bedroom at the Ritz. It was a battered but once expensive pigskin Revelation and its contents were appropriate to his cover. Evening clothes; his lightweight black and white dog-tooth suit for the country and for golf; Saxone golf shoes; a companion to the dark blue, tropical worsted suit he was wearing, and some white silk and dark blue Sea Island cotton shirts with collars attached and short sleeves.
I recall not being able to really picture what that actually would have looked like, so based on the discussion here I did a quick search and found this and this. I have to say I don't really care for either, but then the moire effect (at least on my screen) isn't helping...post #3348 of 1257711/30/12 at 8:42ampost #3349 of 1257711/30/12 at 9:27amThread Starterpost #3350 of 1257711/30/12 at 9:30ampost #3351 of 1257711/30/12 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Kaplan
Don't know about the consensus, but reading Diamonds are Forever I came across this yesterday:
I recall not being able to really picture what that actually would have looked like, so based on the discussion here I did a quick search and found this and this. I have to say I don't really care for either, but then the moire effect (at least on my screen) isn't helping...
Pretty sure these interference patterns are present on the images rather than an artifact of your monitor. I can also see them, and the fact that they do not move when changing angles is a good tell.
I will now move back from being a physicist to a clothing enthusiast.post #3352 of 1257711/30/12 at 9:45ampost #3353 of 1257711/30/12 at 9:53ampost #3354 of 1257711/30/12 at 9:56ampost #3355 of 1257711/30/12 at 9:56amFred, I am sorry, but that is not up to your usual standards. I am not really a fan of the fabric of the suit, and it doesn't go well with the tie. Bonus points on the hair though Is that perhaps part of what is known on Germany as a VoKuHila ( Vorne kurtz - Hinten lang) - don't see many of those these days...post #3356 of 1257711/30/12 at 10:07amQuote:
I own a scale wise very similar one, while mine is a little more brown/reddish yours seams to be more ochre, green-ish, though. Eitherway I like it.
How do you call a fabric like this? I've always said gunclub houndstooth?post #3357 of 1257711/30/12 at 11:04ampatrickBooth, I think yfyf and whnay have posted houndstooth flannel suits that looked good.
Got a phone w/ a camera in it recently and thought I'd post this, my first and last restroom pic (which may disqualify me from the thread...) in memory of Vox and to contribute to yesterday's glen check sport coat theme. Tie's dark green:post #3358 of 1257711/30/12 at 11:17ampost #3359 of 1257711/30/12 at 11:57ampost #3360 of 1257711/30/12 at 1:05pmQuote:I wore the tie today because my 10 year old daughter gave it to me and wanted me to wear it. That makes it great. I had picked out a nice blue tie with grey highlights that would have been a better choice. But my daughter holds the keys to my heart. Enough said.Originally Posted by steffenbp11
Fred, I am sorry, but that is not up to your usual standards. I am not really a fan of the fabric of the suit, and it doesn't go well with the tie. Bonus points on the hair though Is that perhaps part of what is known on Germany as a VoKuHila ( Vorne kurtz - Hinten lang) - don't see many of those these days...
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1506 Active Users (403 Members and 1103 Guests)
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 3 minutes ago
- › Suit for $500ish 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)