Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:19 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 203post #3031 of 1415311/6/12 at 8:48ampost #3032 of 1415311/6/12 at 9:16ampost #3033 of 1415311/6/12 at 9:20ampost #3034 of 1415311/6/12 at 9:22ampost #3035 of 1415311/6/12 at 9:27ampost #3036 of 1415311/6/12 at 9:32ampost #3037 of 1415311/6/12 at 9:34amQuote:
You may very well be right on that point. I'm thinking mid-gray or charcoal slacks with a light blue shirt, but this jacket is outside my comfort zone, which is the reason for my uncertainty.post #3038 of 1415311/6/12 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
From what I have seen, bellied = softer construction. The suits I have from Dege, Welsh (the grey above), and M&M all have the straighter lapels. Anderson and Mina always have the bellied (and pics would indicate that Mahon and Steed do as well). I'm happy with both - I enjoy the differences, and try not to get too proscriptive in these matters.
Sorry, no clue if there is some practical notion equating lapel shape with construction. Maybe Despos or Jeffrey could comment?
I think that bellied lapels make sense on a drapier coat. On an A&S style suit, the chest will (should) be shaped and curved. A straight line sitting on top of that seems incongruent.
My preference is for a chest shaped in this way and I think that the curved lines are more elegant (though I hate that word) or at least more natural.
Here's a poor man's Foofing of that A&S photo to lighten it a bit and show the lines of chest / lapel a little better.post #3039 of 1415311/6/12 at 9:49ampost #3040 of 1415311/6/12 at 10:30ampost #3041 of 1415311/6/12 at 11:31ampost #3042 of 1415311/6/12 at 11:39ampost #3043 of 1415311/6/12 at 11:40ampost #3044 of 1415311/6/12 at 11:43ampost #3045 of 1415311/6/12 at 12:48pmThread Starter
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1594 Active Users (330 Members and 1264 Guests)
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 15 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...