Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:43 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:48 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 203post #3031 of 1393411/6/12 at 8:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3032 of 1393411/6/12 at 9:16ampost #3033 of 1393411/6/12 at 9:20ampost #3034 of 1393411/6/12 at 9:22ampost #3035 of 1393411/6/12 at 9:27ampost #3036 of 1393411/6/12 at 9:32ampost #3037 of 1393411/6/12 at 9:34amQuote:
You may very well be right on that point. I'm thinking mid-gray or charcoal slacks with a light blue shirt, but this jacket is outside my comfort zone, which is the reason for my uncertainty.post #3038 of 1393411/6/12 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
From what I have seen, bellied = softer construction. The suits I have from Dege, Welsh (the grey above), and M&M all have the straighter lapels. Anderson and Mina always have the bellied (and pics would indicate that Mahon and Steed do as well). I'm happy with both - I enjoy the differences, and try not to get too proscriptive in these matters.
Sorry, no clue if there is some practical notion equating lapel shape with construction. Maybe Despos or Jeffrey could comment?
I think that bellied lapels make sense on a drapier coat. On an A&S style suit, the chest will (should) be shaped and curved. A straight line sitting on top of that seems incongruent.
My preference is for a chest shaped in this way and I think that the curved lines are more elegant (though I hate that word) or at least more natural.
Here's a poor man's Foofing of that A&S photo to lighten it a bit and show the lines of chest / lapel a little better.post #3039 of 1393411/6/12 at 9:49ampost #3040 of 1393411/6/12 at 10:30ampost #3041 of 1393411/6/12 at 11:31ampost #3042 of 1393411/6/12 at 11:39ampost #3043 of 1393411/6/12 at 11:40ampost #3044 of 1393411/6/12 at 11:43ampost #3045 of 1393411/6/12 at 12:48pmThread Starter
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1482 Active Users (313 Members and 1169 Guests)
- › + 91-8239910405 कोच्चि में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 6 seconds ago
- › + 91-8239910405 सरहिंद में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 1 minute ago
- › + 91-8239910405 सुनाम में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 1 minute ago
- › + 91-8239910405 नाभा में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 2 minutes ago
- › तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn में MandiGobindgarh + 91-8239910405 2 minutes ago
- › + 91-8239910405 Malout में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 2 minutes ago
- › + 91-8239910405 Kotkapura में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 3 minutes ago
- › + 91-8239910405 Batalha में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 3 minutes ago
- › + 91-8239910405 राजपुरा में तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn 3 minutes ago
- › तत्काल प्रभावी VAShiKArAn में Muktasar + 91-8239910405 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan