Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:36 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 201post #3001 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:27ampost #3002 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:28ampost #3003 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:39ampost #3004 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:43ampost #3005 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:46ampost #3006 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:49ampost #3007 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:49ampost #3008 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:50ampost #3009 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:51amAlso, ET - do you like the bellied lapels or straighter lapels more? Is bellied always associated with a softer construction? I know it's A&S, as well as Steed's style, but idk if that's just coincidence or if there's some aesthetic or practical necessity behind associating the lapel shape and the construction.post #3010 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:54amQuote:Quote:
here is about a perfect a representation of the colors as i have. i think your opinions will not sway. tie is pretty bold, not sure if im keeping it. today is the trial day.
thanks for your opinions.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #3011 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:55am
Thanks, guys. This is my first suit from the maker, and it appears he favors a DB buttoning point much higher than I typically prefer. Thus, I have opted to button as shown (to the lowest point). Given this, the maker will tweak the internal anchor button a bit, so the coat falls better (unbelragazzo - this is the 'pulling' you referred to).
Fwiw, I typically button my DBs the traditional way. This suit is just an aberration.post #3012 of 1411411/6/12 at 6:59amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Also, ET - do you like the bellied lapels or straighter lapels more? Is bellied always associated with a softer construction? I know it's A&S, as well as Steed's style, but idk if that's just coincidence or if there's some aesthetic or practical necessity behind associating the lapel shape and the construction.
From what I have seen, bellied = softer construction. The suits I have from Dege, Welsh (the grey above), and M&M all have the straighter lapels. Anderson and Mina always have the bellied (and pics would indicate that Mahon and Steed do as well). I'm happy with both - I enjoy the differences, and try not to get too proscriptive in these matters.
Sorry, no clue if there is some practical notion equating lapel shape with construction. Maybe Despos or Jeffrey could comment?post #3013 of 1411411/6/12 at 7:01ampost #3014 of 1411411/6/12 at 7:05ampost #3015 of 1411411/6/12 at 7:05am
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 59 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › New With Tags Zegna Mens Blazer, size 40 3 minutes ago
- › New In Box Louis Vuitton Mens Oxford Dress Shoe Louis Vuitton US... 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding