Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:32 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:01 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 201post #3001 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3002 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:28ampost #3003 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:39ampost #3004 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:43ampost #3005 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:46ampost #3006 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:49ampost #3007 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:49ampost #3008 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:50ampost #3009 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:51amAlso, ET - do you like the bellied lapels or straighter lapels more? Is bellied always associated with a softer construction? I know it's A&S, as well as Steed's style, but idk if that's just coincidence or if there's some aesthetic or practical necessity behind associating the lapel shape and the construction.post #3010 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:54amQuote:Quote:
here is about a perfect a representation of the colors as i have. i think your opinions will not sway. tie is pretty bold, not sure if im keeping it. today is the trial day.
thanks for your opinions.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #3011 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:55am
Thanks, guys. This is my first suit from the maker, and it appears he favors a DB buttoning point much higher than I typically prefer. Thus, I have opted to button as shown (to the lowest point). Given this, the maker will tweak the internal anchor button a bit, so the coat falls better (unbelragazzo - this is the 'pulling' you referred to).
Fwiw, I typically button my DBs the traditional way. This suit is just an aberration.post #3012 of 1396211/6/12 at 6:59amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Also, ET - do you like the bellied lapels or straighter lapels more? Is bellied always associated with a softer construction? I know it's A&S, as well as Steed's style, but idk if that's just coincidence or if there's some aesthetic or practical necessity behind associating the lapel shape and the construction.
From what I have seen, bellied = softer construction. The suits I have from Dege, Welsh (the grey above), and M&M all have the straighter lapels. Anderson and Mina always have the bellied (and pics would indicate that Mahon and Steed do as well). I'm happy with both - I enjoy the differences, and try not to get too proscriptive in these matters.
Sorry, no clue if there is some practical notion equating lapel shape with construction. Maybe Despos or Jeffrey could comment?post #3013 of 1396211/6/12 at 7:01ampost #3014 of 1396211/6/12 at 7:05am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 56 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New manufacturing of Silk Plush Top Hats. 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › How are Denims/Pants sized in terms of the given waist measurement? 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...