Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:57 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 10:47 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 201post #3001 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3002 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:28ampost #3003 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:39ampost #3004 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:43ampost #3005 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:46ampost #3006 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:49ampost #3007 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:49ampost #3008 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:50ampost #3009 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:51amAlso, ET - do you like the bellied lapels or straighter lapels more? Is bellied always associated with a softer construction? I know it's A&S, as well as Steed's style, but idk if that's just coincidence or if there's some aesthetic or practical necessity behind associating the lapel shape and the construction.post #3010 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:54amQuote:Quote:
here is about a perfect a representation of the colors as i have. i think your opinions will not sway. tie is pretty bold, not sure if im keeping it. today is the trial day.
thanks for your opinions.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #3011 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:55am
Thanks, guys. This is my first suit from the maker, and it appears he favors a DB buttoning point much higher than I typically prefer. Thus, I have opted to button as shown (to the lowest point). Given this, the maker will tweak the internal anchor button a bit, so the coat falls better (unbelragazzo - this is the 'pulling' you referred to).
Fwiw, I typically button my DBs the traditional way. This suit is just an aberration.post #3012 of 1394911/6/12 at 6:59amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Also, ET - do you like the bellied lapels or straighter lapels more? Is bellied always associated with a softer construction? I know it's A&S, as well as Steed's style, but idk if that's just coincidence or if there's some aesthetic or practical necessity behind associating the lapel shape and the construction.
From what I have seen, bellied = softer construction. The suits I have from Dege, Welsh (the grey above), and M&M all have the straighter lapels. Anderson and Mina always have the bellied (and pics would indicate that Mahon and Steed do as well). I'm happy with both - I enjoy the differences, and try not to get too proscriptive in these matters.
Sorry, no clue if there is some practical notion equating lapel shape with construction. Maybe Despos or Jeffrey could comment?post #3013 of 1394911/6/12 at 7:01ampost #3014 of 1394911/6/12 at 7:05am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 3 minutes ago
- › Is it appropriate to try on high-end clothes without any intentions... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 14 minutes ago
- › MOMA BOOTS. Made in Italy. Dark brown. 15 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...