Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:01 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Today
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 201post #3001 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3002 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:28ampost #3003 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:39ampost #3004 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:43ampost #3005 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:46ampost #3006 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:49ampost #3007 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:49ampost #3008 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:50ampost #3009 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:51amAlso, ET - do you like the bellied lapels or straighter lapels more? Is bellied always associated with a softer construction? I know it's A&S, as well as Steed's style, but idk if that's just coincidence or if there's some aesthetic or practical necessity behind associating the lapel shape and the construction.post #3010 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:54amQuote:Quote:
here is about a perfect a representation of the colors as i have. i think your opinions will not sway. tie is pretty bold, not sure if im keeping it. today is the trial day.
thanks for your opinions.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #3011 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:55am
Thanks, guys. This is my first suit from the maker, and it appears he favors a DB buttoning point much higher than I typically prefer. Thus, I have opted to button as shown (to the lowest point). Given this, the maker will tweak the internal anchor button a bit, so the coat falls better (unbelragazzo - this is the 'pulling' you referred to).
Fwiw, I typically button my DBs the traditional way. This suit is just an aberration.post #3012 of 1390811/6/12 at 6:59amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Also, ET - do you like the bellied lapels or straighter lapels more? Is bellied always associated with a softer construction? I know it's A&S, as well as Steed's style, but idk if that's just coincidence or if there's some aesthetic or practical necessity behind associating the lapel shape and the construction.
From what I have seen, bellied = softer construction. The suits I have from Dege, Welsh (the grey above), and M&M all have the straighter lapels. Anderson and Mina always have the bellied (and pics would indicate that Mahon and Steed do as well). I'm happy with both - I enjoy the differences, and try not to get too proscriptive in these matters.
Sorry, no clue if there is some practical notion equating lapel shape with construction. Maybe Despos or Jeffrey could comment?post #3013 of 1390811/6/12 at 7:01ampost #3014 of 1390811/6/12 at 7:05am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 42 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › Getting suits on sale 3 minutes ago
- › NWT Caruso Grey suit, size 46 / 36 R7, wardrobe staple! Free... 3 minutes ago
- › The MBA Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Should I get these Paul Smith shoes? 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet x Southwick 40-42R Unstructured, Half Canvas, Caramel... 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...