or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 199

post #2971 of 12286
8126217479_c1a1f9cc67_b.jpg
post #2972 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

OK, this thread is officially dead.

and here i thought i was improving. wink.gif
post #2973 of 12286

Very Nice! As we say in these parts...Let em know!

post #2974 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

herrclose.gif
herraway.gif

You should switch to blue or patterned shirts; your look isn't sober enough to be minimal (too much details, patterns, texture). You obviously know what you're doing so it is just a matter of making the jump.
post #2975 of 12286
Color best represented in top pic

py8aru8e.jpg
maguvu3u.jpg
post #2976 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

herraway.gif

Tie and pocket-square are too matchy-matchy. And get a haircut you damn hippie.

Stitch, please get the collar lowered on your jacket, and consider darker horn buttons.
post #2977 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post


And get a haircut you damn hippie.
 

 

Short hair: the unspoken but tacitly acknowledged groupthink of SF.

post #2978 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Tie and pocket-square are too matchy-matchy. And get a haircut you damn hippie.
Stitch, please get the collar lowered on your jacket, and consider darker horn buttons.

i only wish i had hair like fred. frown.gif

not sure what you mean by collar lowered, and there is no way in hell i am getting rid of the MOP buttons. spreezy breezy! smile.gif
post #2979 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

You should switch to blue or patterned shirts; your look isn't sober enough to be minimal (too much details, patterns, texture). You obviously know what you're doing so it is just a matter of making the jump.
Thanks Fuuma I will try that next time I wear the suit.
post #2980 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Tie and pocket-square are too matchy-matchy. And get a haircut you damn hippie.
Stitch, please get the collar lowered on your jacket, and consider darker horn buttons.
I will try something less matchy matchy next time out. The hair stays. I like the dichotomy.
post #2981 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i only wish i had hair like fred. frown.gif
not sure what you mean by collar lowered, and there is no way in hell i am getting rid of the MOP buttons. spreezy breezy! smile.gif

Okay, you see those bumps in your jacket shoulders, near your neck? That means the neck is too high. You may be feeling a bit of pressure at the back of your neck, as well. The short of it is that you're standing a bit more upright than the jacket was tailored for (i.e., it was done to accommodate a bit of slouch or stoop), and a good tailor should be able to bring it down a bit.
post #2982 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

I will try something less matchy matchy next time out. The hair stays. I like the dichotomy.

Don't mind me then, I'm just jealous that you still have yours.
post #2983 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Okay, you see those bumps in your jacket shoulders, near your neck? That means the neck is too high. You may be feeling a bit of pressure at the back of your neck, as well. The short of it is that you're standing a bit more upright than the jacket was tailored for (i.e., it was done to accommodate a bit of slouch or stoop), and a good tailor should be able to bring it down a bit.

interesting, it could also just be that my rather thick OCBD was bunched up underneath. i noticed the bumps in the pic and smoothed out the shirt to better effect. i didnt realize what you were referring to.

thanks!
post #2984 of 12286

Lovely texture.

 

What's the fabric on the suit? fresco?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Color best represented in top pic
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

py8aru8e.jpg

 


Edited by AbeFroeman - 10/31/12 at 5:50pm
post #2985 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFroeman View Post

Lovely texture.

What's the fabric on the suit? fresco?

thanks, its actually a SC, by isaia.

im not a fabric connoisseur, so i kinda have no idea. i always called that kind of fabric, crepe. no idea if that is correct. one of the many experts here is welcome to fill in. sorry i was of no help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread