or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 186

post #2776 of 12603
I kind of think that jacket requires a BD collar.
post #2777 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Color combo suggested by GDL, if it's no good I blame him entirely.
smile.gif
9e5ysetu.jpg

It looks good, stitchy. The striped jacket from a couple of days back was awful.
post #2778 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I kind of think that jacket requires a BD collar.

interesting. i thought to grab an OCBD, but decided against it. would like to hear other opinion on this.
post #2779 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

It looks good, stitchy. The striped jacket from a couple of days back was awful.

thanks, man!

yeah, that was an abject disaster. :crieslikechild:
post #2780 of 12603

stitches, I think the colours are good, but that shirt is too formal... agree on the OCBD.

post #2781 of 12603
Well, I mean it is a sportcoat, to me sportcoats should always be worn with an OCBD.
post #2782 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

stitches, I think the colours are good, but that shirt is too formal... agree on the OCBD.

cool, thanks for answering the query.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Well, I mean it is a sportcoat, to me sportcoats should always be worn with an OCBD.

i do not agree with this.
post #2783 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Well, I mean it is a sportcoat, to me sportcoats should always be worn with an OCBD.

What about a soft roll collar with no buttons?

post #2784 of 12603
Meh. I don't know if it is a "rule", I just think there is something comforting about the look of an OCDB with a sportcoat. Can't explain it really.
post #2785 of 12603
Wow.

tumblr_lvncywu6bQ1qd48zdo1_r1_500.jpg
post #2786 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Meh. I don't know if it is a "rule", I just think there is something comforting about the look of an OCDB with a sportcoat. Can't explain it really.

I guess it's their casual nature. I love them with sportcoats too, though I don't think they are the only option.

post #2787 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Meh. I don't know if it is a "rule", I just think there is something comforting about the look of an OCDB with a sportcoat. Can't explain it really.

I assume that means you feel the same way about mine.

While I guess this is the blind backing the blind (though stich is now less blind than me), I agree with stich on the spread collar with SC being ok.
post #2788 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I kind of think that jacket requires a purple tie.

Lookin' good, stitch.
post #2789 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Lookin' good, stitch.

5149.gif
post #2790 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Well, I mean it is a sportcoat, to me sportcoats should always be worn with an OCBD.
disagree
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread