or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 180

post #2686 of 13240
Thanks! I do both buttoned and unbuttoned and just go with whatever mood I'm in at the time.
post #2687 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post

do you mean like stylistic decisions?

idk what you mean by "stylistic", but in my case mostly decisions about the length and buttoning point. In each case Mina did exactly as I asked but my preferences changed slightly and it also looked a bit different all finished than in the fitting. The addition of buttons actually does change the visual effect IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

who made this jacket?

WW Chan
post #2688 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCleverName View Post

Also, who makes the tie?  I'm looking for a good shepherd's check in B/W and this one looks awesome.

That was a Drakes via ebay find.

Like Michael Jackson, it's black and white.

Vanda had one but now all I can see is the same pattern in linen or rawr silk.

Like Roger said, Kent Wang has one that looks very similar. Have only tried his knit ties so don't know how the others are.
post #2689 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Nice suit !
Am I the only one who thinks 3-piece suits look infinitely better with the coat unbuttoned?

No, that's my preferred way of wearing three-piece suits..
post #2690 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Cross-post from the A&S Ex-Pat thread. I feel this is in good taste.
Cloth made by London Lounge and suit made Edwin and Matthew DeBoise at Steed.

Too. Much. Time. On. My. Hands.

doargp.jpg


images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT88gPxVlydk-anUJJVN0f4WmfRoqS6bmiBbR0WHLwvxKDxQIJHd1nbi3Niow
post #2691 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCleverName View Post

Also, who makes the tie?  I'm looking for a good shepherd's check in B/W and this one looks awesome.
Kent Wang makes a real solid 6-fold shepherd's check in b/w.
post #2692 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Nice suit !
Am I the only one who thinks 3-piece suits look infinitely better with the coat unbuttoned?

i think it depends on the fit of the suit. either way, looking good, slewfoot.
post #2693 of 13240
8091171259_83a25d4307_z.jpg
post #2694 of 13240
^ PRL print tie? I think I have same one....
post #2695 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


its drakes, he posted as such in the WAYWRN thread. also, looks brown to me. either way, i did not see any on their website. frown.gif
did not see on hober or panta either. frown.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post


Kent Wang has them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post


That was a Drakes via ebay find.
Like Michael Jackson, it's black and white.
Vanda had one but now all I can see is the same pattern in linen or rawr silk.
Like Roger said, Kent Wang has one that looks very similar. Have only tried his knit ties so don't know how the others are.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeero3 View Post


Kent Wang makes a real solid 6-fold shepherd's check in b/w.

 

Thanks gents.  Looks like the 3.5 inch is out of stock at Kent Wang.  Hopefully it will be back in stock soon, a good black and white shepherds check in silk appears to be rather elusive.

post #2696 of 13240
Two different outfits. I snapped two of the first one to better show the tie detail.

of2ek8.jpg

n4in2b.jpg

2z90021.jpg
post #2697 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Cross-post from the A&S Ex-Pat thread. I feel this is in good taste.
Cloth made by London Lounge and suit made Edwin and Matthew DeBoise at Steed.

Geez, the silhouette and fit on this suit are just perfect. It's things like this that make me wish I could afford bespoke. Congratulations, that's all I can say...

post #2698 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Cross-post from the A&S Ex-Pat thread. I feel this is in good taste.
Cloth made by London Lounge and suit made Edwin and Matthew DeBoise at Steed.

Very nice. My only nit is that I would have had the jacket cut a hair shorter.
post #2699 of 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Cross-post from the A&S Ex-Pat thread. I feel this is in good taste.
Cloth made by London Lounge and suit made Edwin and Matthew DeBoise at Steed. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

To bring back an old discussion, this is a pretty nice use of a BD collar with a suit.
post #2700 of 13240
^ Looks great Slew, but maybe remove the label from right trouser leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Today, I'm wearing a tenugui for pocket square.

PS application not covered here, but it does say there are no rules in the way of using TENUGUI.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread