Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 171post #2551 of 1412210/10/12 at 3:35pmpost #2552 of 1412210/10/12 at 3:50pm
tie is my favorite part here. maker?
and this leads to my PS issue. not only would i never have thought to use that PS with the rest of the rig, to me, it seems off. but i imagine i am wrong. hence, i have given up on that for now, and i will just work on the suit/sc, shirt and tie combos.post #2553 of 1412210/10/12 at 3:57pmpost #2554 of 1412210/10/12 at 4:00pmpost #2555 of 1412210/10/12 at 4:14pmpost #2556 of 1412210/10/12 at 4:16pmpost #2557 of 1412210/10/12 at 4:30pmQuote:
Just some hack who writes political philosophy parodies
http://www.styleforum.net/t/310176/squarefail-or-the-most-common-reason-why-you-look-like-hell/0_100Quote:Originally Posted by the MANton
-If it looks like a tie move on. Silk squares should look decidedly different from ties.post #2558 of 1412210/10/12 at 4:54pmpost #2559 of 1412210/10/12 at 5:00pmpost #2560 of 1412210/10/12 at 5:35pmpost #2561 of 1412210/10/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/309586/whnay-s-good-taste-thread/2535#post_5807940post #2562 of 1412210/10/12 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Ha! Clearly I need to read the thread. Looks like I'm in good company inquiring as to the fabric.post #2563 of 1412210/10/12 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
Crosspost, good taste? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
"Clapey, is your favourite colour green?"
Actually yes. Admittedly I have been wearing the heck out of this tie, not only because I love the colour of this hober, but because I'm traveling right now and only have access to three ties in total.
I think this is the only green item of clothing I own.post #2564 of 1412210/10/12 at 7:32pmUnbel - what did you have in mind? Bengal stripe?
I have not tried that with this jacket but the check pattern may be small enough that it would work. I treat this pencil stripe shirt as an effective solid that adds a bit of texture, but I'll try the light blue Bengal stripe next time, although I don't think the green tie would look as good with the broader white ground - would probably go navy tie. thoughts?post #2565 of 1412210/10/12 at 7:56pmQuote:
Have you considered flannel or sharkskin?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Weird question - Nice fitting scrubs? 5 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply Washington Half - 38R 11 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply 38R Soho DB Sport Coat - BNWOT 12 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply BNWOT Soho DB Suit - 38R 13 minutes ago
- › BOGLIOLI Wool/Cotton/Cashmere Light Brown Sportcoat Size 48IT/38US 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...