Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:32 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: Yesterday
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 171post #2551 of 1403810/10/12 at 3:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2552 of 1403810/10/12 at 3:50pm
tie is my favorite part here. maker?
and this leads to my PS issue. not only would i never have thought to use that PS with the rest of the rig, to me, it seems off. but i imagine i am wrong. hence, i have given up on that for now, and i will just work on the suit/sc, shirt and tie combos.post #2553 of 1403810/10/12 at 3:57pmpost #2554 of 1403810/10/12 at 4:00pmpost #2555 of 1403810/10/12 at 4:14pmpost #2556 of 1403810/10/12 at 4:16pmpost #2557 of 1403810/10/12 at 4:30pmQuote:
Just some hack who writes political philosophy parodies
http://www.styleforum.net/t/310176/squarefail-or-the-most-common-reason-why-you-look-like-hell/0_100Quote:Originally Posted by the MANton
-If it looks like a tie move on. Silk squares should look decidedly different from ties.post #2558 of 1403810/10/12 at 4:54pmpost #2559 of 1403810/10/12 at 5:00pmpost #2560 of 1403810/10/12 at 5:35pmpost #2561 of 1403810/10/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/309586/whnay-s-good-taste-thread/2535#post_5807940post #2562 of 1403810/10/12 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Ha! Clearly I need to read the thread. Looks like I'm in good company inquiring as to the fabric.post #2563 of 1403810/10/12 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
Crosspost, good taste? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
"Clapey, is your favourite colour green?"
Actually yes. Admittedly I have been wearing the heck out of this tie, not only because I love the colour of this hober, but because I'm traveling right now and only have access to three ties in total.
I think this is the only green item of clothing I own.post #2564 of 1403810/10/12 at 7:32pmUnbel - what did you have in mind? Bengal stripe?
I have not tried that with this jacket but the check pattern may be small enough that it would work. I treat this pencil stripe shirt as an effective solid that adds a bit of texture, but I'll try the light blue Bengal stripe next time, although I don't think the green tie would look as good with the broader white ground - would probably go navy tie. thoughts?post #2565 of 1403810/10/12 at 7:56pmQuote:
Have you considered flannel or sharkskin?
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 47 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Shibumi card holder... 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...