Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 171post #2551 of 1396210/10/12 at 3:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2552 of 1396210/10/12 at 3:50pm
tie is my favorite part here. maker?
and this leads to my PS issue. not only would i never have thought to use that PS with the rest of the rig, to me, it seems off. but i imagine i am wrong. hence, i have given up on that for now, and i will just work on the suit/sc, shirt and tie combos.post #2553 of 1396210/10/12 at 3:57pmpost #2554 of 1396210/10/12 at 4:00pmpost #2555 of 1396210/10/12 at 4:14pmpost #2556 of 1396210/10/12 at 4:16pmpost #2557 of 1396210/10/12 at 4:30pmQuote:
Just some hack who writes political philosophy parodies
http://www.styleforum.net/t/310176/squarefail-or-the-most-common-reason-why-you-look-like-hell/0_100Quote:Originally Posted by the MANton
-If it looks like a tie move on. Silk squares should look decidedly different from ties.post #2558 of 1396210/10/12 at 4:54pmpost #2559 of 1396210/10/12 at 5:00pmpost #2560 of 1396210/10/12 at 5:35pmpost #2561 of 1396210/10/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/309586/whnay-s-good-taste-thread/2535#post_5807940post #2562 of 1396210/10/12 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Ha! Clearly I need to read the thread. Looks like I'm in good company inquiring as to the fabric.post #2563 of 1396210/10/12 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
Crosspost, good taste? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
"Clapey, is your favourite colour green?"
Actually yes. Admittedly I have been wearing the heck out of this tie, not only because I love the colour of this hober, but because I'm traveling right now and only have access to three ties in total.
I think this is the only green item of clothing I own.post #2564 of 1396210/10/12 at 7:32pmUnbel - what did you have in mind? Bengal stripe?
I have not tried that with this jacket but the check pattern may be small enough that it would work. I treat this pencil stripe shirt as an effective solid that adds a bit of texture, but I'll try the light blue Bengal stripe next time, although I don't think the green tie would look as good with the broader white ground - would probably go navy tie. thoughts?post #2565 of 1396210/10/12 at 7:56pmQuote:
Have you considered flannel or sharkskin?
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 5 minutes ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 7 minutes ago
- › J.Crew broken in chinos, 484 fit, never worn size 32 8 minutes ago
- › 2 pairs of lawless selvedge denim size 32/31 9 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 12 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...