Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 122post #1816 of 135899/11/12 at 9:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1817 of 135899/11/12 at 9:57amIS -
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not keen on the white shirt with what appers to be an odd jacket, seems to stark for me, espscially with the dark tie. A pale blue or blue shirt of any kind is better with an odd jacket and would be better in this case.post #1818 of 135899/11/12 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Wearing the same thing this morning as last night, stitch? You go home with Dig? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nope, pic was from last night, just didnt get around to posting it til today.
btw, i like your fit today.Quote:Originally Posted by LEVOOSH
IS - Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) I'm not keen on the white shirt with what appers to be an odd jacket, seems to stark for me, espscially with the dark tie. A pale blue or blue shirt of any kind is better with an odd jacket and would be better in this case.
thanks for the critique levoosh (btw, im a big fran of your user name). while i have come to agree with that in general, i didnt think a blue shirt would work with a black tie, and black/white/gray check SC. is that wrong?
unbel saw it in person. maybe besides guessing who i slept with he can also provide a knowledgeable opinion on the combo.post #1819 of 135899/11/12 at 10:35ampost #1820 of 135899/11/12 at 11:11amQuote:
why thank you! i did make sure to wear a better collared shirt after the previous feedback i received here.post #1821 of 135899/11/12 at 2:34pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a rank novice; I've been lurking for a long time while...
I wore this to a job fair today, seeing as I'm graduating in May (or Dec w/ a MS). The PS is sky blue, not white -- my phone's camera is mediocre.
PS: My 1st picture post!!
EDIT: I'm curious if this is in good taste -- I'm trying my best with highly limited resources.post #1822 of 135899/11/12 at 2:37pmpost #1823 of 135899/11/12 at 2:38pmthe valz - the answer is no, I'm afraid. That's a very casual shirt that you probably don't want to wear with a suit ever, and certainly not to a job fair. Likewise knit ties are more for sportcoats and other more casual attire, not for suits. Finally, a solid sky blue pocket square is of dubious value. If it's silk, it just shouldn't exist. If it's linen, you should fold it in a TV fold. And perhaps it still shouldn't exist.post #1824 of 135899/11/12 at 2:39pmQuote:
this was the first one - for further discussion, check out the DC meetup thread and respond there so as not to bother the folks in this one:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/311511/styleforum-meetup-in-washington-dc-monday-september-10post #1825 of 135899/11/12 at 3:33pmThread Starterpost #1826 of 135899/11/12 at 3:59pmpost #1827 of 135899/11/12 at 4:01pmpost #1828 of 135899/11/12 at 4:02pmThread Starterpost #1829 of 135899/11/12 at 4:17pmpost #1830 of 135899/11/12 at 5:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
the valz - the answer is no, I'm afraid. That's a very casual shirt that you probably don't want to wear with a suit ever, and certainly not to a job fair. Likewise knit ties are more for sportcoats and other more casual attire, not for suits. Finally, a solid sky blue pocket square is of dubious value. If it's silk, it just shouldn't exist. If it's linen, you should fold it in a TV fold. And perhaps it still shouldn't exist.
have to agree here, sorry valz. but it was a valiant effort. keep at it.
as to the bolded point, what is the consensus on grenadines with suits, i know they are kinda knits, but i like them with a suit. this is of the good tastes?
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 36 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 18 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 19 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Chukka Sz 9E 22 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...