Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:01 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 122post #1816 of 141539/11/12 at 9:53ampost #1817 of 141539/11/12 at 9:57amIS -
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not keen on the white shirt with what appers to be an odd jacket, seems to stark for me, espscially with the dark tie. A pale blue or blue shirt of any kind is better with an odd jacket and would be better in this case.post #1818 of 141539/11/12 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Wearing the same thing this morning as last night, stitch? You go home with Dig? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nope, pic was from last night, just didnt get around to posting it til today.
btw, i like your fit today.Quote:Originally Posted by LEVOOSH
IS - Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) I'm not keen on the white shirt with what appers to be an odd jacket, seems to stark for me, espscially with the dark tie. A pale blue or blue shirt of any kind is better with an odd jacket and would be better in this case.
thanks for the critique levoosh (btw, im a big fran of your user name). while i have come to agree with that in general, i didnt think a blue shirt would work with a black tie, and black/white/gray check SC. is that wrong?
unbel saw it in person. maybe besides guessing who i slept with he can also provide a knowledgeable opinion on the combo.post #1819 of 141539/11/12 at 10:35ampost #1820 of 141539/11/12 at 11:11amQuote:
why thank you! i did make sure to wear a better collared shirt after the previous feedback i received here.post #1821 of 141539/11/12 at 2:34pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a rank novice; I've been lurking for a long time while...
I wore this to a job fair today, seeing as I'm graduating in May (or Dec w/ a MS). The PS is sky blue, not white -- my phone's camera is mediocre.
PS: My 1st picture post!!
EDIT: I'm curious if this is in good taste -- I'm trying my best with highly limited resources.post #1822 of 141539/11/12 at 2:37pmpost #1823 of 141539/11/12 at 2:38pmthe valz - the answer is no, I'm afraid. That's a very casual shirt that you probably don't want to wear with a suit ever, and certainly not to a job fair. Likewise knit ties are more for sportcoats and other more casual attire, not for suits. Finally, a solid sky blue pocket square is of dubious value. If it's silk, it just shouldn't exist. If it's linen, you should fold it in a TV fold. And perhaps it still shouldn't exist.post #1824 of 141539/11/12 at 2:39pmQuote:
this was the first one - for further discussion, check out the DC meetup thread and respond there so as not to bother the folks in this one:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/311511/styleforum-meetup-in-washington-dc-monday-september-10post #1825 of 141539/11/12 at 3:33pmThread Starterpost #1826 of 141539/11/12 at 3:59pmpost #1827 of 141539/11/12 at 4:01pmpost #1828 of 141539/11/12 at 4:02pmThread Starterpost #1829 of 141539/11/12 at 4:17pmpost #1830 of 141539/11/12 at 5:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
the valz - the answer is no, I'm afraid. That's a very casual shirt that you probably don't want to wear with a suit ever, and certainly not to a job fair. Likewise knit ties are more for sportcoats and other more casual attire, not for suits. Finally, a solid sky blue pocket square is of dubious value. If it's silk, it just shouldn't exist. If it's linen, you should fold it in a TV fold. And perhaps it still shouldn't exist.
have to agree here, sorry valz. but it was a valiant effort. keep at it.
as to the bolded point, what is the consensus on grenadines with suits, i know they are kinda knits, but i like them with a suit. this is of the good tastes?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Tuxedo Advice 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Quick Cobbler - Vancouver Canada 10 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...