Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:00 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 122post #1816 of 139819/11/12 at 9:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1817 of 139819/11/12 at 9:57amIS -
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not keen on the white shirt with what appers to be an odd jacket, seems to stark for me, espscially with the dark tie. A pale blue or blue shirt of any kind is better with an odd jacket and would be better in this case.post #1818 of 139819/11/12 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Wearing the same thing this morning as last night, stitch? You go home with Dig? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nope, pic was from last night, just didnt get around to posting it til today.
btw, i like your fit today.Quote:Originally Posted by LEVOOSH
IS - Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) I'm not keen on the white shirt with what appers to be an odd jacket, seems to stark for me, espscially with the dark tie. A pale blue or blue shirt of any kind is better with an odd jacket and would be better in this case.
thanks for the critique levoosh (btw, im a big fran of your user name). while i have come to agree with that in general, i didnt think a blue shirt would work with a black tie, and black/white/gray check SC. is that wrong?
unbel saw it in person. maybe besides guessing who i slept with he can also provide a knowledgeable opinion on the combo.post #1819 of 139819/11/12 at 10:35ampost #1820 of 139819/11/12 at 11:11amQuote:
why thank you! i did make sure to wear a better collared shirt after the previous feedback i received here.post #1821 of 139819/11/12 at 2:34pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a rank novice; I've been lurking for a long time while...
I wore this to a job fair today, seeing as I'm graduating in May (or Dec w/ a MS). The PS is sky blue, not white -- my phone's camera is mediocre.
PS: My 1st picture post!!
EDIT: I'm curious if this is in good taste -- I'm trying my best with highly limited resources.post #1822 of 139819/11/12 at 2:37pmpost #1823 of 139819/11/12 at 2:38pmthe valz - the answer is no, I'm afraid. That's a very casual shirt that you probably don't want to wear with a suit ever, and certainly not to a job fair. Likewise knit ties are more for sportcoats and other more casual attire, not for suits. Finally, a solid sky blue pocket square is of dubious value. If it's silk, it just shouldn't exist. If it's linen, you should fold it in a TV fold. And perhaps it still shouldn't exist.post #1824 of 139819/11/12 at 2:39pmQuote:
this was the first one - for further discussion, check out the DC meetup thread and respond there so as not to bother the folks in this one:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/311511/styleforum-meetup-in-washington-dc-monday-september-10post #1825 of 139819/11/12 at 3:33pmThread Starterpost #1826 of 139819/11/12 at 3:59pmpost #1827 of 139819/11/12 at 4:01pmpost #1828 of 139819/11/12 at 4:02pmThread Starterpost #1829 of 139819/11/12 at 4:17pmpost #1830 of 139819/11/12 at 5:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
the valz - the answer is no, I'm afraid. That's a very casual shirt that you probably don't want to wear with a suit ever, and certainly not to a job fair. Likewise knit ties are more for sportcoats and other more casual attire, not for suits. Finally, a solid sky blue pocket square is of dubious value. If it's silk, it just shouldn't exist. If it's linen, you should fold it in a TV fold. And perhaps it still shouldn't exist.
have to agree here, sorry valz. but it was a valiant effort. keep at it.
as to the bolded point, what is the consensus on grenadines with suits, i know they are kinda knits, but i like them with a suit. this is of the good tastes?
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Gorgeous Barbour Dept B Navy Jacket Medium Slim Fit 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth