or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 115

post #1711 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I am VERY comfortable wearing a non-BD collar without a tie. This is one of the groupthink rule that I just won't subscribe to. Just like I will never wear a BD collar with a tie to look more eyetalian.

I'm part Eyetalian so I'm generally not too weary about looking part Eyetalian! As for wearing a non-BD shirt with an open collar, I think that, at a minimum, the shirt should be unlined. The stiff look of your collar detracts from the relaxed, casual look you're going for.
post #1712 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

yeah, just busting them. BTW, not that you care, but that is the only jacket that you have ever posted that I do not like. I know the fabric, but it looks kinda Hickey Freeman-ish to me.

I do care ! We cannot be 100% in sync though, that would just be weird. I don't know what Hickey Freeman does and if it looks like their style, but I personally LOVE this jacket and cloth - I think it's one my bespoke home-runs
post #1713 of 12310
Thread Starter 
I think it is an Americanism not to like open collar non-BDs. It's a good Americanism, though.
post #1714 of 12310
That may be true - probably in the same category as suit with no tie. In Paris, suit with no tie is a staple look - far more common than SC + odd pants.
post #1715 of 12310
Button-down collars suck.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For me. Fine for other people if they like 'em.
post #1716 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Shirt is Udeshi and has often raised eyebrows here because of the hashed stripes. SC is NSM, cloth is Dormeuil Scottie Derby
Not sure I understand your question about buttons - I button both collar buttons if I'm wearing a tie - and I don't find it difficult

i had never seen their shirting before. just checked their site, looks like they have a very fashion forward, so to speak, type of style.

yes, that i s what i meant. i had one shirt like that, and i found it very hard to button. might have been the buttons were too small, yours look like they are bigger. no genitals joke please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I do care ! We cannot be 100% in sync though, that would just be weird. I don't know what Hickey Freeman does and if it looks like their style, but I personally LOVE this jacket and cloth - I think it's one my bespoke home-runs

i do know what ed meant when he said that, i do see the HF similarity, but i like the jacket quite a bit, regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

That may be true - probably in the same category as suit with no tie. In Paris, suit with no tie is a staple look - far more common than SC + odd pants.

i happen to like that look a lot when the pieces and the fit are right.
post #1717 of 12310
post #1718 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Button-down collars suck. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For me. Fine for other people if they like 'em.

nah, with a SC and no tie i think they ar great. and certainly wish casual pants, no jacket.
post #1719 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i had never seen their shirting before. just checked their site, looks like they have a very fashion forward, so to speak, type of style

Yes, the brand evolved into a more peacock style - likely because of the success of their extreme cutaway collar. Their Connery collar has a great shape though and the fabrics he uses for RTW shirts are excellent.
post #1720 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Yes, the brand evolved into a more peacock style - likely because of the success of their extreme cutaway collar. Their Connery collar has a great shape though and the fabrics he uses for RTW shirts are excellent.

is the shirt you are wearing, the connery collar?

are you suggesting i purchase one?
post #1721 of 12310
It is. And no, I'm not. I think you should start buying MTM shirts.
post #1722 of 12310
fooinlondon.jpg
post #1723 of 12310
High tea? Which London hotel?

I know it's sacrilegious in these parts to even suggest this, but I do think that you'd benefit from a slightly bigger knot. Tie knot.
post #1724 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

High tea? Which London hotel?

Brown's. We won't be returning.
post #1725 of 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

It is. And no, I'm not. I think you should start buying MTM shirts.

i know smile.gif just messin.

foo, not only do you look good, that is a very nice pic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread