or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 87

post #1291 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Feel free to DH as much as you want. The regular sheriff returns Monday ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

If this was my thread I would use those fancy DH buttons to move a whole bunch of posts to regular WAYWRN...

It appears you have been give carte blanche to wield the MantonHammer. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'd say the last 1-2 weeks can easily disappear without detriment.
post #1292 of 12577
post #1293 of 12577
As the groom, I would definitely appreciate comments on the taste of what I'm wearing for my wedding. I'm also interested in comments on if the contrast collar was tastefully done here or if I would be better off going back to my white poplin. I'm a little weary on wearing a silk square for a wedding, but if I do, this is probably the most tasteful one I can find in my extremely limited selection. Light blue boutonniere might cause the look as a whole to be too pale blue? Square change?

post #1294 of 12577
Looks great but for the square. A nice buttonhole flower would make sure you don't miss the square. Or go with simple white linen.
post #1295 of 12577
Thread Starter 
absolutely needs white linen
post #1296 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeero3 View Post

As the groom, I would definitely appreciate comments on the taste of what I'm wearing for my wedding. I'm also interested in comments on if the contrast collar was tastefully done here or if I would be better off going back to my white poplin. I'm a little weary on wearing a silk square for a wedding, but if I do, this is probably the most tasteful one I can find in my extremely limited selection. Light blue boutonniere might cause the look as a whole to be too pale blue? Square change? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Vanda shepherd's check tie? smile.gif

It's a nice contrast collar, but IMO, you should go with the white poplin; especially if the tie is the same black and white shepherd's check I'm thinking of.

Also - at the risk of sounding like Foo - why not a cream or off-white silk square? The problem is the fussiness of the square combined with the fussiness of the checked tie. Either go plain, or choose something with a larger pattern. Personally, I'd go plain.

Wedding attire = formal = elegant = simple.

My 2 cents.
post #1297 of 12577
I was so set on a white linen square until, oddly enough, reading this thread.
post #1298 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Vanda shepherd's check tie? smile.gif
It's a nice contrast collar, but IMO, you should go with the white poplin; especially if the tie is the same black and white shepherd's check I'm thinking of.
Also - at the risk of sounding like Foo - why not a cream or off-white silk square? The problem is the fussiness of the square combined with the fussiness of the checked tie. Either go plain, or choose something with a larger pattern. Personally, I'd go plain.
Wedding attire = formal = elegant = simple.
My 2 cents.

The tie is Kent Wang's shepherd's check. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Totally agree with the equation you have above; the square was the main thing I was unsure of due to it being just a bit much for the occasion.
post #1299 of 12577

As with the Peacock and Casual threads, these more theme-specific threads really need active weeding to be interesting. Otherwise, might as well just have one wayrn thread as we used to. Looking forward to some intensive pruning (or at least spoiler-coding) of fits that don't fit the parameters of the thread when Manton gets back from (?)holiday. (In an ideal world, I'd like to see the same done in the other threads I mentioned too, by their respective thread owners)

post #1300 of 12577
One of the toughest formats to keep tasteful and/or interesting is Friday biz caz...

IMG00992-20120824-0912m.jpg
IMG00998-20120824-0918m.jpg
post #1301 of 12577
Is this from today? Isn't it too hot in the year for tweed sport coats?
post #1302 of 12577
It's not tweed, it's completely unlined and it's in the mid 70s.

So, no.
post #1303 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

One of the toughest formats to keep tasteful and/or interesting is Friday biz caz... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG00992-20120824-0912m.jpg


Details on that fabric please!
I've been on the hunt for a fabric very similar in pattern but a little different in terms of the color, see below, perhaps it's from the same maker?! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #1304 of 12577
ed can probably add more details about the cloth (he has it too) - I don't remember much about it except that it's an old Woodhouse that was sold on eBay. It has a soft hand, not too heavy, there may be some cashmere in it ?
post #1305 of 12577
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

ed can probably add more details about the cloth (he has it too) - I don't remember much about it except that it's an old Woodhouse that was sold on eBay. It has a soft hand, not too heavy, there may be some cashmere in it ?

Thank's, I was told the one in my picture was/is available in an Ariston book, however which book I have no idea.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread