What footwear would that be, such that no cuffs works well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 4:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 3:04 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 796
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11927 of 139621/23/14 at 10:39ampost #11928 of 139621/23/14 at 10:39amThread Starterpost #11929 of 139621/23/14 at 10:44am
Wow, that brought simultaneous, instantaneous responses from some veterans. Thanks.
Manton, has your view on cuffs changed over time? I have a vague memory of you looking more favorably on no-cuffs in the 789th rendition of this discussion in SF.post #11930 of 139621/23/14 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by dopey
I cuff everything but blacktie. No real reason other than it's my habit and the presence or absence of cuffs doesn't affect what I think of how someone else looks (except those stupid extra-wide cuffs the Pitti crowd was sporting for 15 minutes). I think I have two pairs of trousers where the tailor said the cloth was just too thick to take cuffs.Quote:Quote:
What fabric is too thick for cuffs? I've seen cuffs in leather pants.post #11931 of 139621/23/14 at 12:40pmpost #11932 of 139621/23/14 at 12:56pmpost #11933 of 139621/23/14 at 10:14pmQuote:Thanks. Tie is more of a gingham like pB mentioned, and it seemed casual enough alongside everything else. I don't think I own any silk wedding ties.Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
U to the C. Suit looks great.
Don't know about the triple patch + white shirt + wedding tie. (I think that look is a little too sharp / dressy for teh patch.)
But everything fits really well.
Out of curosity, are you the best dressed construction worker or the most hands on developer ever? From your WAYWRN photos, those seem to be the only two options?
As far as the jobsite, I get razzed less than I get asked where I got something. Nothing's out of place, surprisingly enough - everything's just more wrinkled and dirty. The only "casual" thing you don't see are khakis; they are considered too nice.post #11934 of 139621/23/14 at 10:23pmQuote:post #11935 of 139621/24/14 at 7:48ampost #11936 of 139621/24/14 at 7:51ampost #11937 of 139621/24/14 at 7:55ampost #11938 of 139621/24/14 at 8:04ampost #11939 of 139621/24/14 at 8:07amThread Starterpost #11940 of 139621/24/14 at 8:09am
I knew I had seen it somewhere:
What book uses FCKT as the reference number?
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Inverallan 4 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 22 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin... 7 minutes ago
- › Feedback please Wellington & Cromwell Safari Backpack 7 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 13 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 14 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 14 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015