What footwear would that be, such that no cuffs works well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 7/19/16 at 9:34pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 796post #11927 of 141151/23/14 at 10:39ampost #11928 of 141151/23/14 at 10:39amThread Starterpost #11929 of 141151/23/14 at 10:44am
Wow, that brought simultaneous, instantaneous responses from some veterans. Thanks.
Manton, has your view on cuffs changed over time? I have a vague memory of you looking more favorably on no-cuffs in the 789th rendition of this discussion in SF.post #11930 of 141151/23/14 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by dopey
I cuff everything but blacktie. No real reason other than it's my habit and the presence or absence of cuffs doesn't affect what I think of how someone else looks (except those stupid extra-wide cuffs the Pitti crowd was sporting for 15 minutes). I think I have two pairs of trousers where the tailor said the cloth was just too thick to take cuffs.Quote:Quote:
What fabric is too thick for cuffs? I've seen cuffs in leather pants.post #11931 of 141151/23/14 at 12:40pmpost #11932 of 141151/23/14 at 12:56pmpost #11933 of 141151/23/14 at 10:14pmQuote:Thanks. Tie is more of a gingham like pB mentioned, and it seemed casual enough alongside everything else. I don't think I own any silk wedding ties.Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
U to the C. Suit looks great.
Don't know about the triple patch + white shirt + wedding tie. (I think that look is a little too sharp / dressy for teh patch.)
But everything fits really well.
Out of curosity, are you the best dressed construction worker or the most hands on developer ever? From your WAYWRN photos, those seem to be the only two options?
As far as the jobsite, I get razzed less than I get asked where I got something. Nothing's out of place, surprisingly enough - everything's just more wrinkled and dirty. The only "casual" thing you don't see are khakis; they are considered too nice.post #11934 of 141151/23/14 at 10:23pmQuote:post #11935 of 141151/24/14 at 7:48ampost #11936 of 141151/24/14 at 7:51ampost #11937 of 141151/24/14 at 7:55ampost #11938 of 141151/24/14 at 8:04ampost #11939 of 141151/24/14 at 8:07amThread Starterpost #11940 of 141151/24/14 at 8:09am
I knew I had seen it somewhere:
What book uses FCKT as the reference number?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Lace up boots like these? 15 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Handsomeness Secrets 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding