What footwear would that be, such that no cuffs works well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:13 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 796post #11927 of 141231/23/14 at 10:39ampost #11928 of 141231/23/14 at 10:39amThread Starterpost #11929 of 141231/23/14 at 10:44am
Wow, that brought simultaneous, instantaneous responses from some veterans. Thanks.
Manton, has your view on cuffs changed over time? I have a vague memory of you looking more favorably on no-cuffs in the 789th rendition of this discussion in SF.post #11930 of 141231/23/14 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by dopey
I cuff everything but blacktie. No real reason other than it's my habit and the presence or absence of cuffs doesn't affect what I think of how someone else looks (except those stupid extra-wide cuffs the Pitti crowd was sporting for 15 minutes). I think I have two pairs of trousers where the tailor said the cloth was just too thick to take cuffs.Quote:Quote:
What fabric is too thick for cuffs? I've seen cuffs in leather pants.post #11931 of 141231/23/14 at 12:40pmpost #11932 of 141231/23/14 at 12:56pmpost #11933 of 141231/23/14 at 10:14pmQuote:Thanks. Tie is more of a gingham like pB mentioned, and it seemed casual enough alongside everything else. I don't think I own any silk wedding ties.Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
U to the C. Suit looks great.
Don't know about the triple patch + white shirt + wedding tie. (I think that look is a little too sharp / dressy for teh patch.)
But everything fits really well.
Out of curosity, are you the best dressed construction worker or the most hands on developer ever? From your WAYWRN photos, those seem to be the only two options?
As far as the jobsite, I get razzed less than I get asked where I got something. Nothing's out of place, surprisingly enough - everything's just more wrinkled and dirty. The only "casual" thing you don't see are khakis; they are considered too nice.post #11934 of 141231/23/14 at 10:23pmQuote:post #11935 of 141231/24/14 at 7:48ampost #11936 of 141231/24/14 at 7:51ampost #11937 of 141231/24/14 at 7:55ampost #11938 of 141231/24/14 at 8:04ampost #11939 of 141231/24/14 at 8:07amThread Starterpost #11940 of 141231/24/14 at 8:09am
I knew I had seen it somewhere:
What book uses FCKT as the reference number?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 15 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 55 seconds ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...