What footwear would that be, such that no cuffs works well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:39 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/29/15 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 796
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11927 of 139081/23/14 at 10:39ampost #11928 of 139081/23/14 at 10:39amThread Starterpost #11929 of 139081/23/14 at 10:44am
Wow, that brought simultaneous, instantaneous responses from some veterans. Thanks.
Manton, has your view on cuffs changed over time? I have a vague memory of you looking more favorably on no-cuffs in the 789th rendition of this discussion in SF.post #11930 of 139081/23/14 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by dopey
I cuff everything but blacktie. No real reason other than it's my habit and the presence or absence of cuffs doesn't affect what I think of how someone else looks (except those stupid extra-wide cuffs the Pitti crowd was sporting for 15 minutes). I think I have two pairs of trousers where the tailor said the cloth was just too thick to take cuffs.Quote:Quote:
What fabric is too thick for cuffs? I've seen cuffs in leather pants.post #11931 of 139081/23/14 at 12:40pmpost #11932 of 139081/23/14 at 12:56pmpost #11933 of 139081/23/14 at 10:14pmQuote:Thanks. Tie is more of a gingham like pB mentioned, and it seemed casual enough alongside everything else. I don't think I own any silk wedding ties.Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
U to the C. Suit looks great.
Don't know about the triple patch + white shirt + wedding tie. (I think that look is a little too sharp / dressy for teh patch.)
But everything fits really well.
Out of curosity, are you the best dressed construction worker or the most hands on developer ever? From your WAYWRN photos, those seem to be the only two options?
As far as the jobsite, I get razzed less than I get asked where I got something. Nothing's out of place, surprisingly enough - everything's just more wrinkled and dirty. The only "casual" thing you don't see are khakis; they are considered too nice.post #11934 of 139081/23/14 at 10:23pmQuote:post #11935 of 139081/24/14 at 7:48ampost #11936 of 139081/24/14 at 7:51ampost #11937 of 139081/24/14 at 7:55ampost #11938 of 139081/24/14 at 8:04ampost #11939 of 139081/24/14 at 8:07amThread Starterpost #11940 of 139081/24/14 at 8:09am
I knew I had seen it somewhere:
What book uses FCKT as the reference number?
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Meetup and Trunk Show Hosted by Epaulet... 39 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...