or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 782

post #11716 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

People may quibble with details but I think it is generally quite nice. Welcome to the thread.

this. you picked the right fit from your collection to submit here, AAS.
post #11717 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Thank you.  The devil.gif  is in the details.  

I'll quibble. But first , my compliments on a tasteful and excellent-fitting
combination. I love the cut of the jacket except that it could be a bit longer
and looser fitting.
My quibble: A lighter color vest in fawn or grey would look better and
add some contrast.
post #11718 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Let me know what they charge for bespoke.

The stuff on their blog is dope.

Mrs. C had granted permission for me to get a linen suit from them. Not sure I will, but now at least I have the option.

Regardless, they have some nice wool-silk pocket squares for a decent price (50USD). Interested to see how they stack up to Drakes, so I'll pick up a few.

I'm also going to try to encourage them to register and post on SF.

In Korea they are well known for their successful use of social media, and are generally held to be one of the five best tailors in Seoul, though apparently the top three are well ahead of them. Run by a father and his two sons. I believe the father cuts, but I'll confirm when I pay them a visit in March.

Cost-wise, they start from a grand (I think for mtm) with bespoke at 1.5. Hard to tell...just going by Korean blogs.
post #11719 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


Mrs. C had granted permission for me to get a linen suit from them. Not sure I will, but now at least I have the option.

Regardless, they have some nice wool-silk pocket squares for a decent price (50USD). Interested to see how they stack up to Drakes, so I'll pick up a few.

I'm also going to try to encourage them to register and post on SF.

In Korea they are well known for their successful use of social media, and are generally held to be one of the five best tailors in Seoul, though apparently the top three are well ahead of them. Run by a father and his two sons. I believe the father cuts, but I'll confirm when I pay them a visit in March.

Cost-wise, they start from a grand (I think for mtm) with bespoke at 1.5. Hard to tell...just going by Korean blogs.


Claghorn, you should do a short write-up for fun (in a separate thread), with pics of course.:D

post #11720 of 12603
post #11721 of 12603
Please say that the f'length shot more accurately renders the red...
post #11722 of 12603
it does.
post #11723 of 12603
fing02[1].gif
post #11724 of 12603
Stitchy I need that tie ASAP. My favorite of the Drakes for LS.
post #11725 of 12603
post #11726 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

fing02[1].gif

thanks. pretty much right back atya. see WAYWRN for my concerns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post

Stitchy I need that tie ASAP. My favorite of the Drakes for LS.

thanks! everything is available at a price.
post #11727 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post


I'll quibble. But first , my compliments on a tasteful and excellent-fitting
combination. I love the cut of the jacket except that it could be a bit longer
and looser fitting.
My quibble: A lighter color vest in fawn or grey would look better and
add some contrast.

Thank you.  Interesting sweater recommendation.  I wore the brown sweater because I wore brown shoes and wanted to add some more brown to the mix.  I think a light grey sweater may be too close in color with the pants and may come of as a bit matchy given their proximity.  I think a fawn colored sweater would be clash with the white shirt and square, but maybe not.  Thank you for the recommendations.  I'll give them a try next time I wear something similar.  Best.  

post #11728 of 12603
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I like this OK.
post #11729 of 12603

post #11730 of 12603
Very nice Pliny. As ever of course nod[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread