Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 777post #11641 of 1358912/27/13 at 10:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11642 of 1358912/28/13 at 4:15pmThanks for all the feedback, guys.
Axe - I hear what you are saying, but this sounds more like a personal preference thing to me about the greens. I actually have that tie on the left from Ed that you posted, and I love it, I think its a great shade of green. Idk, just how it seems to me, not tryna be a feeback ignorer.post #11643 of 1358912/28/13 at 5:50pmpost #11644 of 1358912/28/13 at 7:16pmpost #11645 of 1358912/28/13 at 10:47pmpost #11646 of 1358912/29/13 at 1:13ampost #11647 of 1358912/29/13 at 1:23amQuote:
A blu navy pants (heavy chinos for example) would also be a good choice
In the photo i see cold colors mixed with warm colors. All cold colors (shoes apart) is a better choice.
Regardspost #11648 of 1358912/29/13 at 2:29amI really struggle mixing cold and warm colors. My wife hates it; she firmly believes cold with cold, warm with warm. Those pants are pretty neutral--they need a bit more red/yellow to be firmly warm. The tie is definitely a warmer green. The jacket may be more of a warmer gray than a cool one (at least in the full picture). Maybe it is the shirt that should be changed.
(Still a wonderful fit...I can't imagine a nicer pair of pure brown trou)post #11649 of 1358912/29/13 at 4:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
I really struggle mixing cold and warm colors. My wife hates it; she firmly believes cold with cold, warm with warm. Those pants are pretty neutral--they need a bit more red/yellow to be firmly warm. The tie is definitely a warmer green. The jacket may be more of a warmer gray than a cool one (at least in the full picture). Maybe it is the shirt that should be changed.
(Still a wonderful fit...I can't imagine a nicer pair of pure brown trou)
In my opinion this trousers are warm, not neutral.
Jacket: neutral mid grey
Shirt: cold light blue
tie: neutral on the side of warm (green is blue and Yellow... more Yellow, such as in olive and is warm, more blue and is cold, remember!)
So if we put blue pants we obtain grey (neutral), blue-cold (shirt), blue cold(tie, and a touch of Yellow for a neutral green), blue-cold (pants) and shoes and belt apart
In my opinion for skin tones and hair of stiches is better cold
regardspost #11650 of 1358912/29/13 at 8:15ampost #11651 of 1358912/29/13 at 8:34ampost #11652 of 1358912/29/13 at 8:48ampost #11653 of 1358912/29/13 at 10:23amQuote:
I believe the Rudy requires special order, no? Last time I checked, there were no returns allowed on the Rudy, which definitely discourages us with "tight tolerances" at the butt and thighs from trying them. Agree with Axelman that this is a shame - there are several pants on offer from Epaulet that I want...post #11654 of 1358912/29/13 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by malat
I believe the Rudy requires special order, no? Last time I checked, there were no returns allowed on the Rudy, which definitely discourages us with "tight tolerances" at the butt and thighs from trying them. Agree with Axelman that this is a shame - there are several pants on offer from Epaulet that I want...
can someone clarify whether or not the leg opening can be customized on a rudy fit? this is what has kept me from purchasing from epaulet (and howard yount) as at my waist measurement, 8.5" leg opening is too narrow.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Vass 40.5 Bordeaux calf oxfords 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 5 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Shell Cordovan Attache 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 6 minutes ago
- › Freemans Sporting Club Isle of Man Parka Size L Olive 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 13 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 14 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...