Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:56 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 777post #11641 of 1396212/27/13 at 10:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11642 of 1396212/28/13 at 4:15pmThanks for all the feedback, guys.
Axe - I hear what you are saying, but this sounds more like a personal preference thing to me about the greens. I actually have that tie on the left from Ed that you posted, and I love it, I think its a great shade of green. Idk, just how it seems to me, not tryna be a feeback ignorer.post #11643 of 1396212/28/13 at 5:50pmpost #11644 of 1396212/28/13 at 7:16pmpost #11645 of 1396212/28/13 at 10:47pmpost #11646 of 1396212/29/13 at 1:13ampost #11647 of 1396212/29/13 at 1:23amQuote:
A blu navy pants (heavy chinos for example) would also be a good choice
In the photo i see cold colors mixed with warm colors. All cold colors (shoes apart) is a better choice.
Regardspost #11648 of 1396212/29/13 at 2:29amI really struggle mixing cold and warm colors. My wife hates it; she firmly believes cold with cold, warm with warm. Those pants are pretty neutral--they need a bit more red/yellow to be firmly warm. The tie is definitely a warmer green. The jacket may be more of a warmer gray than a cool one (at least in the full picture). Maybe it is the shirt that should be changed.
(Still a wonderful fit...I can't imagine a nicer pair of pure brown trou)post #11649 of 1396212/29/13 at 4:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
I really struggle mixing cold and warm colors. My wife hates it; she firmly believes cold with cold, warm with warm. Those pants are pretty neutral--they need a bit more red/yellow to be firmly warm. The tie is definitely a warmer green. The jacket may be more of a warmer gray than a cool one (at least in the full picture). Maybe it is the shirt that should be changed.
(Still a wonderful fit...I can't imagine a nicer pair of pure brown trou)
In my opinion this trousers are warm, not neutral.
Jacket: neutral mid grey
Shirt: cold light blue
tie: neutral on the side of warm (green is blue and Yellow... more Yellow, such as in olive and is warm, more blue and is cold, remember!)
So if we put blue pants we obtain grey (neutral), blue-cold (shirt), blue cold(tie, and a touch of Yellow for a neutral green), blue-cold (pants) and shoes and belt apart
In my opinion for skin tones and hair of stiches is better cold
regardspost #11650 of 1396212/29/13 at 8:15ampost #11651 of 1396212/29/13 at 8:34ampost #11652 of 1396212/29/13 at 8:48ampost #11653 of 1396212/29/13 at 10:23amQuote:
I believe the Rudy requires special order, no? Last time I checked, there were no returns allowed on the Rudy, which definitely discourages us with "tight tolerances" at the butt and thighs from trying them. Agree with Axelman that this is a shame - there are several pants on offer from Epaulet that I want...post #11654 of 1396212/29/13 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by malat
I believe the Rudy requires special order, no? Last time I checked, there were no returns allowed on the Rudy, which definitely discourages us with "tight tolerances" at the butt and thighs from trying them. Agree with Axelman that this is a shame - there are several pants on offer from Epaulet that I want...
can someone clarify whether or not the leg opening can be customized on a rudy fit? this is what has kept me from purchasing from epaulet (and howard yount) as at my waist measurement, 8.5" leg opening is too narrow.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 25 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 25 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 29 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 30 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 47 minutes ago
- › Cigars 49 minutes ago
- › Clarks Desert Boots 54 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...