or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 777

post #11641 of 13132
stitches, I think it looks good, but I can see where he is coming from. I think in the context of this thread, the tie seems dressier than the jacket.
post #11642 of 13132
Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

Axe - I hear what you are saying, but this sounds more like a personal preference thing to me about the greens. I actually have that tie on the left from Ed that you posted, and I love it, I think its a great shade of green. Idk, just how it seems to me, not tryna be a feeback ignorer.
post #11643 of 13132
Totally could be my own thing. If I had to try and be more scientific about it, I would say yellow tones are harder to pair than blue tones. Either way, I like the vast majority of the ties in your rotation, we don't need to agree on 100% of them.
post #11644 of 13132
^^ i agree with every part of that post ^^
post #11645 of 13132

full-length this is a really nice color combo IMO Stitches-  tan + leaf green mediated by some gray :)

post #11646 of 13132
Agreed. I particularly like the trousers. Source?
post #11647 of 13132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

full-length this is a really nice color combo IMO Stitches-  tan + leaf green mediated by some gray :)

A blu navy pants (heavy chinos for example) would also be a good choice

In the photo i see cold colors mixed with warm colors. All cold colors (shoes apart) is a better choice.

Regards

post #11648 of 13132
I really struggle mixing cold and warm colors. My wife hates it; she firmly believes cold with cold, warm with warm. Those pants are pretty neutral--they need a bit more red/yellow to be firmly warm. The tie is definitely a warmer green. The jacket may be more of a warmer gray than a cool one (at least in the full picture). Maybe it is the shirt that should be changed.

(Still a wonderful fit...I can't imagine a nicer pair of pure brown trou)
post #11649 of 13132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I really struggle mixing cold and warm colors. My wife hates it; she firmly believes cold with cold, warm with warm. Those pants are pretty neutral--they need a bit more red/yellow to be firmly warm. The tie is definitely a warmer green. The jacket may be more of a warmer gray than a cool one (at least in the full picture). Maybe it is the shirt that should be changed.

(Still a wonderful fit...I can't imagine a nicer pair of pure brown trou)

 

In my opinion this trousers are warm, not neutral.

Jacket: neutral mid grey

Shirt: cold light blue

tie: neutral on the side of warm (green is blue and Yellow... more Yellow, such as in olive and is warm, more blue and is cold, remember!)

trousers: warm

shoes: warm

So if we put blue pants we obtain  grey (neutral), blue-cold  (shirt), blue cold(tie, and a touch of Yellow for  a neutral green), blue-cold (pants) and shoes and belt apart

In my opinion for skin tones and hair of stiches is better cold

regards

post #11650 of 13132
Thanks, gents. Roger, pants are Epaulet mocha lambswool flannel, fat boy Rudy fit.
post #11651 of 13132
All Epaulet pants are too slim for me. Such a shame.
post #11652 of 13132
frown.gif

Have you tried the Rudy fit? They are the only ones I can manage, and only just barely.
post #11653 of 13132
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

frown.gif

Have you tried the Rudy fit? They are the only ones I can manage, and only just barely.

I believe the Rudy requires special order, no? Last time I checked, there were no returns allowed on the Rudy, which definitely discourages us with "tight tolerances" at the butt and thighs from trying them. Agree with Axelman that this is a shame - there are several pants on offer from Epaulet that I want...
post #11654 of 13132
Quote:
Originally Posted by malat View Post


I believe the Rudy requires special order, no? Last time I checked, there were no returns allowed on the Rudy, which definitely discourages us with "tight tolerances" at the butt and thighs from trying them. Agree with Axelman that this is a shame - there are several pants on offer from Epaulet that I want...

can someone clarify whether or not the leg opening can be customized on a rudy fit?  this is what has kept me from purchasing from epaulet (and howard yount) as at my waist measurement, 8.5" leg opening is too narrow.

post #11655 of 13132
^^Yes, there is typically room to let out pants in the leg area, although I haven't had it done.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread