Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 11:43 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 766post #11476 of 1396211/26/13 at 8:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11477 of 1396211/26/13 at 8:30ampost #11478 of 1396211/26/13 at 8:32ampost #11479 of 1396211/26/13 at 8:48am
i tend to agree.Quote:Quote:
they probably are. irl though the tie is darker than shoes and the sheen of the grenadine is nothing like the nap of the suede, but personally, much like a tie matching an overcheck, i dont mind the matchiness.post #11480 of 1396211/26/13 at 10:34amQuote:
I don't really see it as an issue. I'm bothered by excessive matching between two items that are close together (e.g. tie and pocket square, suit and tie), but don't have the same issues with one's tie and shoes that are on one's feet.post #11481 of 1396211/26/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
My two new Mercer and Sons shirts arrived today and one of them is a blue/white micro gingham check. It screams "city casual" to me. Not sure on green and black though.post #11482 of 1396211/26/13 at 4:37pmQuote:
These are two shirts: green/white and black/white. I'm mostly non MC but I like to pick up some new MC clothes that I wouldn't normally wear just to see how it goes (I'm more of a white dress shirt guy for example). I also picked up two pairs of chinos (light grey and beige).post #11483 of 1396211/26/13 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Thin Man
There is no reason why green gingham can't be used in a "good taste" combination, but it would call for the other elements being sedate. Maybe a dark blue linen or flannel suit, or a blazer and gray trousers, with a black knit tie. The English traditionally used boldly colored shirts (usually stripes) with austere suits.
Yeah I was thinking mid-blue (electric blue?) cotton blazer with patch pockets, white pants and some cognac zip boots. Or beige safari jacket, grey chinos and beige suede desert boots, some sort of casual belt.
note: it's 30c/86f where I am right now.post #11484 of 1396211/26/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
That sounds right for gingham, though I'd lean large rather than small in that case.post #11485 of 1396211/27/13 at 2:22pm
Just a heads-up to those in the Hamilton, Ontario area. Coppley is doing a 4 day employee sale, 3-7PM.
What I saw:
- $50 Discount Blazers (Hickey Freeman/Robert Graham)
- $100 Clearance Summer Suits
- $60 Wool Trousers
- $30 Double Pleated Wool Trousers
- $150 Sports Coats
- $250 Cashmere Sports Coats
- $300 Full Suitspost #11486 of 1396212/1/13 at 1:40pmIf we define Tattersall as a multicoloured check in brushed cotton, perhaps with wool, I'd say only wear with tweeds or the rougher kinds of blazer. I wouldn't call Damien Woody's shirt a tattersall, but a block check. I wear all kinds of gingham with solid jackets/suits, but then again, I'm in the UK.post #11487 of 1396212/2/13 at 7:06ampost #11488 of 1396212/2/13 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
@aportnoy please post another fit. kthnx.
Back in the saddle...
Despos made Minnis flannel in brown with mauve window pane (single breasted w/ peak lapels)
Marinella seven fold madder tie
Cleverley bespoke galosh
(a good representation of the cloth)post #11489 of 1396212/2/13 at 7:55am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › No Brogue or Semi Brogue for Interview 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...