Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 766post #11476 of 1331311/26/13 at 8:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11477 of 1331311/26/13 at 8:30ampost #11478 of 1331311/26/13 at 8:32ampost #11479 of 1331311/26/13 at 8:48am
i tend to agree.Quote:Quote:
they probably are. irl though the tie is darker than shoes and the sheen of the grenadine is nothing like the nap of the suede, but personally, much like a tie matching an overcheck, i dont mind the matchiness.post #11480 of 1331311/26/13 at 10:34amQuote:
I don't really see it as an issue. I'm bothered by excessive matching between two items that are close together (e.g. tie and pocket square, suit and tie), but don't have the same issues with one's tie and shoes that are on one's feet.post #11481 of 1331311/26/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
My two new Mercer and Sons shirts arrived today and one of them is a blue/white micro gingham check. It screams "city casual" to me. Not sure on green and black though.post #11482 of 1331311/26/13 at 4:37pmQuote:
These are two shirts: green/white and black/white. I'm mostly non MC but I like to pick up some new MC clothes that I wouldn't normally wear just to see how it goes (I'm more of a white dress shirt guy for example). I also picked up two pairs of chinos (light grey and beige).post #11483 of 1331311/26/13 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Thin Man
There is no reason why green gingham can't be used in a "good taste" combination, but it would call for the other elements being sedate. Maybe a dark blue linen or flannel suit, or a blazer and gray trousers, with a black knit tie. The English traditionally used boldly colored shirts (usually stripes) with austere suits.
Yeah I was thinking mid-blue (electric blue?) cotton blazer with patch pockets, white pants and some cognac zip boots. Or beige safari jacket, grey chinos and beige suede desert boots, some sort of casual belt.
note: it's 30c/86f where I am right now.post #11484 of 1331311/26/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
That sounds right for gingham, though I'd lean large rather than small in that case.post #11485 of 1331311/27/13 at 2:22pm
Just a heads-up to those in the Hamilton, Ontario area. Coppley is doing a 4 day employee sale, 3-7PM.
What I saw:
- $50 Discount Blazers (Hickey Freeman/Robert Graham)
- $100 Clearance Summer Suits
- $60 Wool Trousers
- $30 Double Pleated Wool Trousers
- $150 Sports Coats
- $250 Cashmere Sports Coats
- $300 Full Suitspost #11486 of 1331312/1/13 at 1:40pmIf we define Tattersall as a multicoloured check in brushed cotton, perhaps with wool, I'd say only wear with tweeds or the rougher kinds of blazer. I wouldn't call Damien Woody's shirt a tattersall, but a block check. I wear all kinds of gingham with solid jackets/suits, but then again, I'm in the UK.post #11487 of 1331312/2/13 at 7:06ampost #11488 of 1331312/2/13 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
@aportnoy please post another fit. kthnx.
Back in the saddle...
Despos made Minnis flannel in brown with mauve window pane (single breasted w/ peak lapels)
Marinella seven fold madder tie
Cleverley bespoke galosh
(a good representation of the cloth)post #11489 of 1331312/2/13 at 7:55am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 18 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 24 minutes ago
- › Shoe Trades - UK11/US12D: EG, JL, Alden, Vass, Carmina, Ralph... 27 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 32 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Help me decide: blue, blue, or blue suit for my wedding? 37 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 42 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)