Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:52 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 766post #11476 of 1403811/26/13 at 8:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11477 of 1403811/26/13 at 8:30ampost #11478 of 1403811/26/13 at 8:32ampost #11479 of 1403811/26/13 at 8:48am
i tend to agree.Quote:Quote:
they probably are. irl though the tie is darker than shoes and the sheen of the grenadine is nothing like the nap of the suede, but personally, much like a tie matching an overcheck, i dont mind the matchiness.post #11480 of 1403811/26/13 at 10:34amQuote:
I don't really see it as an issue. I'm bothered by excessive matching between two items that are close together (e.g. tie and pocket square, suit and tie), but don't have the same issues with one's tie and shoes that are on one's feet.post #11481 of 1403811/26/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
My two new Mercer and Sons shirts arrived today and one of them is a blue/white micro gingham check. It screams "city casual" to me. Not sure on green and black though.post #11482 of 1403811/26/13 at 4:37pmQuote:
These are two shirts: green/white and black/white. I'm mostly non MC but I like to pick up some new MC clothes that I wouldn't normally wear just to see how it goes (I'm more of a white dress shirt guy for example). I also picked up two pairs of chinos (light grey and beige).post #11483 of 1403811/26/13 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Thin Man
There is no reason why green gingham can't be used in a "good taste" combination, but it would call for the other elements being sedate. Maybe a dark blue linen or flannel suit, or a blazer and gray trousers, with a black knit tie. The English traditionally used boldly colored shirts (usually stripes) with austere suits.
Yeah I was thinking mid-blue (electric blue?) cotton blazer with patch pockets, white pants and some cognac zip boots. Or beige safari jacket, grey chinos and beige suede desert boots, some sort of casual belt.
note: it's 30c/86f where I am right now.post #11484 of 1403811/26/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
That sounds right for gingham, though I'd lean large rather than small in that case.post #11485 of 1403811/27/13 at 2:22pm
Just a heads-up to those in the Hamilton, Ontario area. Coppley is doing a 4 day employee sale, 3-7PM.
What I saw:
- $50 Discount Blazers (Hickey Freeman/Robert Graham)
- $100 Clearance Summer Suits
- $60 Wool Trousers
- $30 Double Pleated Wool Trousers
- $150 Sports Coats
- $250 Cashmere Sports Coats
- $300 Full Suitspost #11486 of 1403812/1/13 at 1:40pmIf we define Tattersall as a multicoloured check in brushed cotton, perhaps with wool, I'd say only wear with tweeds or the rougher kinds of blazer. I wouldn't call Damien Woody's shirt a tattersall, but a block check. I wear all kinds of gingham with solid jackets/suits, but then again, I'm in the UK.post #11487 of 1403812/2/13 at 7:06ampost #11488 of 1403812/2/13 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
@aportnoy please post another fit. kthnx.
Back in the saddle...
Despos made Minnis flannel in brown with mauve window pane (single breasted w/ peak lapels)
Marinella seven fold madder tie
Cleverley bespoke galosh
(a good representation of the cloth)post #11489 of 1403812/2/13 at 7:55am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 31 seconds ago
- › New Caruso Flannel Plaid Suit 43R 55 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 8 minutes ago
- › Celine ties 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 10 minutes ago
- › Lanvin ties 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...