Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: Yesterday
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 741post #11101 of 1403811/8/13 at 8:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11102 of 1403811/8/13 at 8:57ampost #11103 of 1403811/8/13 at 8:58ampost #11104 of 1403811/8/13 at 9:01ampost #11105 of 1403811/8/13 at 9:13ampost #11106 of 1403811/8/13 at 9:24ampost #11107 of 1403811/8/13 at 11:02ampost #11108 of 1403811/8/13 at 11:03ampost #11109 of 1403811/8/13 at 11:14ampost #11110 of 1403811/8/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
I'm sorry but I don't know, and am curious, how I should take this?post #11111 of 1403811/8/13 at 12:52pmpost #11112 of 1403811/8/13 at 1:13pm
I don't care about the "darker tops, lighter bottoms" rule any more. I am bottom heavy. Darker bottoms just look better.
This might not be the best combo I've ever posted, but I seriously believe it's the most flattering:
And I've just ordered a pair of dark grey, 18 ounce worsted flannels.post #11113 of 1403811/8/13 at 1:32pmpost #11114 of 1403811/8/13 at 1:50pm
I'm actually wrong it seems, H&S site says "Viceroy Super 100's Luxury Woollen Spun Flannel by Holland & Sherry Savile Row London". I just thought it was worsted when I saw it because it's not very mottled and the diagonal weave is quite visible, but looks like it's woollen after all. The handle was quite nice.post #11115 of 1403811/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
There are times when one needs to be a little more formal than linen trousers with a navy blazer, but not so formal as a full-on tropical weight suit. Gray wool still has a place in the summer wardrobe, just as tan cotton trousers (in moleskin or corduroy) have one in the winter.
The way I see it, summer wool trousers should be tropical worsted, hopsack, or fresco. Some would say gabardine, but gab isn't too great above 80F. How many hopsack or fresco OTR trousers are there? I'd gladly own a worsted odd jacket -- some of those Glorious Twelfth type fabrics would be wonderful for the right weather.
If I had my druthers, I'd wear a higher proportion of casual suits to odd jackets in summer. There are plenty of winter cloths that wear well as jackets, but not trousers (Harris Tweed), but so many summer fabrics work equally well for both. I don't see the advantage to a navy linen jacket with tan linen trousers over a tan linen suit, to be honest. That's a long way off, of course.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 45 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...