Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 741post #11101 of 1260211/8/13 at 8:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11102 of 1260211/8/13 at 8:57ampost #11103 of 1260211/8/13 at 8:58ampost #11104 of 1260211/8/13 at 9:01ampost #11105 of 1260211/8/13 at 9:13ampost #11106 of 1260211/8/13 at 9:24ampost #11107 of 1260211/8/13 at 11:02ampost #11108 of 1260211/8/13 at 11:03ampost #11109 of 1260211/8/13 at 11:14ampost #11110 of 1260211/8/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
I'm sorry but I don't know, and am curious, how I should take this?post #11111 of 1260211/8/13 at 12:52pmpost #11112 of 1260211/8/13 at 1:13pm
I don't care about the "darker tops, lighter bottoms" rule any more. I am bottom heavy. Darker bottoms just look better.
This might not be the best combo I've ever posted, but I seriously believe it's the most flattering:
And I've just ordered a pair of dark grey, 18 ounce worsted flannels.post #11113 of 1260211/8/13 at 1:32pmpost #11114 of 1260211/8/13 at 1:50pm
I'm actually wrong it seems, H&S site says "Viceroy Super 100's Luxury Woollen Spun Flannel by Holland & Sherry Savile Row London". I just thought it was worsted when I saw it because it's not very mottled and the diagonal weave is quite visible, but looks like it's woollen after all. The handle was quite nice.post #11115 of 1260211/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
There are times when one needs to be a little more formal than linen trousers with a navy blazer, but not so formal as a full-on tropical weight suit. Gray wool still has a place in the summer wardrobe, just as tan cotton trousers (in moleskin or corduroy) have one in the winter.
The way I see it, summer wool trousers should be tropical worsted, hopsack, or fresco. Some would say gabardine, but gab isn't too great above 80F. How many hopsack or fresco OTR trousers are there? I'd gladly own a worsted odd jacket -- some of those Glorious Twelfth type fabrics would be wonderful for the right weather.
If I had my druthers, I'd wear a higher proportion of casual suits to odd jackets in summer. There are plenty of winter cloths that wear well as jackets, but not trousers (Harris Tweed), but so many summer fabrics work equally well for both. I don't see the advantage to a navy linen jacket with tan linen trousers over a tan linen suit, to be honest. That's a long way off, of course.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 26 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › MTM Fit Check 3 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)