Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 3:42 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 741post #11101 of 1412111/8/13 at 8:55ampost #11102 of 1412111/8/13 at 8:57ampost #11103 of 1412111/8/13 at 8:58ampost #11104 of 1412111/8/13 at 9:01ampost #11105 of 1412111/8/13 at 9:13ampost #11106 of 1412111/8/13 at 9:24ampost #11107 of 1412111/8/13 at 11:02ampost #11108 of 1412111/8/13 at 11:03ampost #11109 of 1412111/8/13 at 11:14ampost #11110 of 1412111/8/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
I'm sorry but I don't know, and am curious, how I should take this?post #11111 of 1412111/8/13 at 12:52pmpost #11112 of 1412111/8/13 at 1:13pm
I don't care about the "darker tops, lighter bottoms" rule any more. I am bottom heavy. Darker bottoms just look better.
This might not be the best combo I've ever posted, but I seriously believe it's the most flattering:
And I've just ordered a pair of dark grey, 18 ounce worsted flannels.post #11113 of 1412111/8/13 at 1:32pmpost #11114 of 1412111/8/13 at 1:50pm
I'm actually wrong it seems, H&S site says "Viceroy Super 100's Luxury Woollen Spun Flannel by Holland & Sherry Savile Row London". I just thought it was worsted when I saw it because it's not very mottled and the diagonal weave is quite visible, but looks like it's woollen after all. The handle was quite nice.post #11115 of 1412111/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
There are times when one needs to be a little more formal than linen trousers with a navy blazer, but not so formal as a full-on tropical weight suit. Gray wool still has a place in the summer wardrobe, just as tan cotton trousers (in moleskin or corduroy) have one in the winter.
The way I see it, summer wool trousers should be tropical worsted, hopsack, or fresco. Some would say gabardine, but gab isn't too great above 80F. How many hopsack or fresco OTR trousers are there? I'd gladly own a worsted odd jacket -- some of those Glorious Twelfth type fabrics would be wonderful for the right weather.
If I had my druthers, I'd wear a higher proportion of casual suits to odd jackets in summer. There are plenty of winter cloths that wear well as jackets, but not trousers (Harris Tweed), but so many summer fabrics work equally well for both. I don't see the advantage to a navy linen jacket with tan linen trousers over a tan linen suit, to be honest. That's a long way off, of course.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 38 seconds ago
- › Paying 50 bucks to who can identify this shoe 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 21 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 32 minutes ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 34 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 45 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 48 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 58 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...