Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 741post #11101 of 1393411/8/13 at 8:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11102 of 1393411/8/13 at 8:57ampost #11103 of 1393411/8/13 at 8:58ampost #11104 of 1393411/8/13 at 9:01ampost #11105 of 1393411/8/13 at 9:13ampost #11106 of 1393411/8/13 at 9:24ampost #11107 of 1393411/8/13 at 11:02ampost #11108 of 1393411/8/13 at 11:03ampost #11109 of 1393411/8/13 at 11:14ampost #11110 of 1393411/8/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
I'm sorry but I don't know, and am curious, how I should take this?post #11111 of 1393411/8/13 at 12:52pmpost #11112 of 1393411/8/13 at 1:13pm
I don't care about the "darker tops, lighter bottoms" rule any more. I am bottom heavy. Darker bottoms just look better.
This might not be the best combo I've ever posted, but I seriously believe it's the most flattering:
And I've just ordered a pair of dark grey, 18 ounce worsted flannels.post #11113 of 1393411/8/13 at 1:32pmpost #11114 of 1393411/8/13 at 1:50pm
I'm actually wrong it seems, H&S site says "Viceroy Super 100's Luxury Woollen Spun Flannel by Holland & Sherry Savile Row London". I just thought it was worsted when I saw it because it's not very mottled and the diagonal weave is quite visible, but looks like it's woollen after all. The handle was quite nice.post #11115 of 1393411/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
There are times when one needs to be a little more formal than linen trousers with a navy blazer, but not so formal as a full-on tropical weight suit. Gray wool still has a place in the summer wardrobe, just as tan cotton trousers (in moleskin or corduroy) have one in the winter.
The way I see it, summer wool trousers should be tropical worsted, hopsack, or fresco. Some would say gabardine, but gab isn't too great above 80F. How many hopsack or fresco OTR trousers are there? I'd gladly own a worsted odd jacket -- some of those Glorious Twelfth type fabrics would be wonderful for the right weather.
If I had my druthers, I'd wear a higher proportion of casual suits to odd jackets in summer. There are plenty of winter cloths that wear well as jackets, but not trousers (Harris Tweed), but so many summer fabrics work equally well for both. I don't see the advantage to a navy linen jacket with tan linen trousers over a tan linen suit, to be honest. That's a long way off, of course.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Friday Challenge May 22nd 2015: Add some orange to your outfit 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NIB Enzo Bonafe Adelaide - 9.5 UK - Beautiful Vitello Bolet brown -... 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan