Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: Yesterday
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 741post #11101 of 1396211/8/13 at 8:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11102 of 1396211/8/13 at 8:57ampost #11103 of 1396211/8/13 at 8:58ampost #11104 of 1396211/8/13 at 9:01ampost #11105 of 1396211/8/13 at 9:13ampost #11106 of 1396211/8/13 at 9:24ampost #11107 of 1396211/8/13 at 11:02ampost #11108 of 1396211/8/13 at 11:03ampost #11109 of 1396211/8/13 at 11:14ampost #11110 of 1396211/8/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
I'm sorry but I don't know, and am curious, how I should take this?post #11111 of 1396211/8/13 at 12:52pmpost #11112 of 1396211/8/13 at 1:13pm
I don't care about the "darker tops, lighter bottoms" rule any more. I am bottom heavy. Darker bottoms just look better.
This might not be the best combo I've ever posted, but I seriously believe it's the most flattering:
And I've just ordered a pair of dark grey, 18 ounce worsted flannels.post #11113 of 1396211/8/13 at 1:32pmpost #11114 of 1396211/8/13 at 1:50pm
I'm actually wrong it seems, H&S site says "Viceroy Super 100's Luxury Woollen Spun Flannel by Holland & Sherry Savile Row London". I just thought it was worsted when I saw it because it's not very mottled and the diagonal weave is quite visible, but looks like it's woollen after all. The handle was quite nice.post #11115 of 1396211/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
There are times when one needs to be a little more formal than linen trousers with a navy blazer, but not so formal as a full-on tropical weight suit. Gray wool still has a place in the summer wardrobe, just as tan cotton trousers (in moleskin or corduroy) have one in the winter.
The way I see it, summer wool trousers should be tropical worsted, hopsack, or fresco. Some would say gabardine, but gab isn't too great above 80F. How many hopsack or fresco OTR trousers are there? I'd gladly own a worsted odd jacket -- some of those Glorious Twelfth type fabrics would be wonderful for the right weather.
If I had my druthers, I'd wear a higher proportion of casual suits to odd jackets in summer. There are plenty of winter cloths that wear well as jackets, but not trousers (Harris Tweed), but so many summer fabrics work equally well for both. I don't see the advantage to a navy linen jacket with tan linen trousers over a tan linen suit, to be honest. That's a long way off, of course.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 19 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 27 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 28 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 40 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...