Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 739
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11072 of 1390811/8/13 at 4:58amQuote:
Despite what anyone () says, there is very little true objectivity in determining what clothes look good. Yes, in certain contexts (CM for instance) you can definitely say what looks better is many, or most, cases. However the term "objective" is thrown around on SF far too lightly.post #11073 of 1390811/8/13 at 5:09ampost #11074 of 1390811/8/13 at 5:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh
Coppley always looks great in the window displays at Harry's but anything less than full canvas seems to be considered as Junior Varsity by the great majority on this the forum. For better or worse I've bought in to this a bit and as a fellow Canuck have been building around Montreal's Samuelsohn. Also, I saw a post of yours about the Hudson Room shirt. For the price those shirts have actually gotten some love here on the board. I bought one for $50 and like it a Lot better than a J.P. Tilford that I bought today for $150 (and will be returning). To bad that Hudson Room is yet another brand that doesn't do 16 1/2 x 37 (aside from solid white which is the one I own). I can't find that size OTR by anybody but BB who I will be trying out as soon as an order comes in.
It is good to hear from you! Where abouts are you located?post #11075 of 1390811/8/13 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic Man
Despite what anyone () says, there is very little true objectivity in determining what clothes look good. Yes, in certain contexts (CM for instance) you can definitely say what looks better is many, or most, cases. However the term "objective" is thrown around on SF far too lightly.
I was actually trying to be sarcastic saying that.
Personally, though, I think navy pants in CM are always in bad taste, no matter who posts a fit.post #11076 of 1390811/8/13 at 5:51ampost #11077 of 1390811/8/13 at 5:53ampost #11078 of 1390811/8/13 at 7:02ampost #11079 of 1390811/8/13 at 7:21ampost #11080 of 1390811/8/13 at 7:23amThread Starterpost #11081 of 1390811/8/13 at 7:23ampost #11082 of 1390811/8/13 at 7:30ampost #11083 of 1390811/8/13 at 7:35ampost #11084 of 1390811/8/13 at 7:46am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Alden Indy 6 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bourbon. 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Newbury 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Byron, black cap toe, 10 D, excellent condition,... 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...