or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 733

post #10981 of 13589
There was a very nice dark green with white dots sqaure in Marinella in Naples when i was there last week. Wanting a green square i went for a print from Rubinacci but i wonder if i should have (also) gotten the marinella one
post #10982 of 13589
Tdude, that is a fantastic suit.
post #10983 of 13589

Plain grey sportcoat - check

Navy trousers - check

I iz not amused face - check

 

 

post #10984 of 13589
Hard pieces to put together.
post #10985 of 13589

Only on SF are a grey sportcoat and navy trousers hard to put together.

post #10986 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Only on SF are a grey sportcoat and navy trousers hard to put together.

laugh.gif

i think it looks great. i think the best part is that pants really look blue in the pic. i find in general the bottom half of a pic gets shadowed and that blue/navy pants look almost black in so many pics. even in some suit pics the pants look darker than the jacket. well done on the fit and the photography/lighting.

---

aportnoy and the gray tie brigade, very nice.

---

you too, tdude.

---

drakes wool, not gray. panta shirt.



post #10987 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Only on SF are a grey sportcoat and navy trousers hard to put together.

Or gray and tan, for that matter.

Too bad SF didn't get to Cucinelli in time. Could have saved him from making all those millions. But it's not too late for you, gdl.
post #10988 of 13589
I agree with Greg on this one. I don't think it is any harder than blue up top and gray on bottom. I don't understand all the navy trouser hate...
post #10989 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

Or gray and tan, for that matter.
Too bad SF didn't get to Cucinelli in time. Could have saved him from making all those millions. But it's not too late for you, gdl.

inlove.gif Cucinelli inlove.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

I agree with Greg on this one. I don't think it is any harder than blue up top and gray on bottom. I don't understand all the navy trouser hate...

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!
post #10990 of 13589
Well, clearly it works here, but I don't personally think it is the best look. Maybe if you already have the browns and tweeds and 50 shades of grey trousers, then why not?
post #10991 of 13589
LOL

I don't know if it's the best look or not, or if it's even the easiest look or not, but when it's done right like Greg did, I think it definitely looks excellent.
post #10992 of 13589

Am I the only person who likes a light gray jacket with darker gray trousers? Or gray with tan?

post #10993 of 13589
I like it a lot sometimes, but I think that it can be very hard to get right. Gray and tan I think is much easier in a more casual context.
post #10994 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

I like it a lot sometimes, but I think that it can be very hard to get right. Gray and tan I think is much easier in a more casual context.

Agreed.
post #10995 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post

thanks. Every once in a while, I check ASW to see if he has the victory square back in stock. Still waiting.

He's got it in three colors now. I grabbed in light blue/bronze a few weeks ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread