Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 10:47 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 728
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10907 of 1394911/4/13 at 10:28ampost #10908 of 1394911/4/13 at 10:29ampost #10909 of 1394911/4/13 at 10:51ampost #10910 of 1394911/4/13 at 11:18ampost #10911 of 1394911/4/13 at 12:08pmpost #10912 of 1394911/4/13 at 12:41pmQuote:
I bought the only one I've ever seen in the flesh -- NWT in a Salvation Army in an area some of my friends found questionable. It's a wonderful object, and I happen to think that, cotton content be damned, I'll be wearing it this winter.post #10913 of 1394911/4/13 at 2:22pmpost #10914 of 1394911/4/13 at 3:15pmpost #10915 of 1394911/4/13 at 4:11pmpost #10916 of 1394911/4/13 at 8:04pmpost #10917 of 1394911/4/13 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
I'm kind of down on solid ties at the moment for whatever reason. I'm sure it will pass. But the only ones I've worn recently are my knits and the more variegated cashmeres and wools, which I'm not sure really count as solid anyway. I haven't worn a grenadine in quite a while.
Solid ties can be quite stunning:
The above outfit works because the grey of the tie is a warm grey with a slightly brown tone that matches the color of the suit. Here's the same effect with the tones matching, but in a cooler bluish grey (the tie might be a near-solid or have a very small pattern). Sorry for the cross post from the Scholte thread.
There's something innately elegant about combining a solid tie with a similar tone in the suit and a white or near white shirt. It's a daytime version of the design idea behind the tuxedo (coordinating jacket and solid tie, white shirt). It's not the only combination I would wear (my favorite tie of all is a non-solid, a navy blue shepherd's check), but it's beautiful.
Edited by CrimsonSox - 11/4/13 at 10:28pmpost #10918 of 1394911/4/13 at 10:28pmpost #10919 of 1394911/4/13 at 10:35pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › 12SS Visvim Sanjuro Kimono 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Olive Poplin Tablier 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments: Button Shawl 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Dark. Navy / Red Floral Jacquard Bedford Jacket 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition 9 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...