Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 727
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10892 of 1396211/4/13 at 6:56ampost #10893 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:09amTry the block stripes, I like those a little better. For instance:
http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_30&products_id=1098post #10894 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:17ampost #10895 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:25ampost #10896 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:31ampost #10897 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:32ampost #10898 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:34ampost #10899 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:42amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
I'm kind of down on solid ties at the moment for whatever reason. I'm sure it will pass. But the only ones I've worn recently are my knits and the more variegated cashmeres and wools, which I'm not sure really count as solid anyway. I haven't worn a grenadine in quite a while.
These are the only solid ties I'm interested in right now. Would like a mogador solid or two, as well, because mogador is beautiful, but my only example of it is a difficult stripe.post #10900 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:44ampost #10901 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:44ampost #10902 of 1396211/4/13 at 7:55amQuote:
I have a solid wool which is kind of challis-like, and it's great.
If tussah is shantung, then I'd rather have a semi-solid (different colors in warp and weft, which I know I've seen) than a pure solid.
I own a wine red satin, but I'd rather not wear one in the evening it. (though I don't really dress for the evening).
Edited by YRR92 - 11/4/13 at 8:21ampost #10903 of 1396211/4/13 at 8:00amYou mean you'd wear it during the day?
Satins I only like if very dark...dark brown, midnight blue, black...and in the evening.
Tussah is kinda like shantung but not exactly: http://dieworkwear.com/post/50021621387/raw-silk-explained
Tussah is softer and looser than shantung. I like both.post #10904 of 1396211/4/13 at 8:29am
Oops, sent that out half-done. Satin as daywear is a distinct no-go-zone. What I meant to say is that I don't really treat getting dressed to do something in the evening that differently to going out to do something during the day. I'm going out in the evening? Odds are a sportcoat with tie is the upper limit of formality -- so wearing a satin tie, white FC shirt, and black shoes would be a bit silly. Even if it's an occasion where a suit would be appropriate, I'm tempted to dress a tiny bit down -- there will be so many people in black suits, white shirts, and shiny ties that a repp or a print would be an elegant understatement.
A dark brown satin tie could be fun, if I could bring myself to do brown tie/black shoes (though black tie / brown shoes is a-okay).
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Ambrosi Napoli 45 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 9 minutes ago
- › Brand New Tod's Leather Boot ( Palisander ) 11 minutes ago
- › Definitive Exotic Hide Identification Thread: Post your Hippo,... 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...