Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 727
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10892 of 1260311/4/13 at 6:56ampost #10893 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:09amTry the block stripes, I like those a little better. For instance:
http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_30&products_id=1098post #10894 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:17ampost #10895 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:25ampost #10896 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:31ampost #10897 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:32ampost #10898 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:34ampost #10899 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:42amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
I'm kind of down on solid ties at the moment for whatever reason. I'm sure it will pass. But the only ones I've worn recently are my knits and the more variegated cashmeres and wools, which I'm not sure really count as solid anyway. I haven't worn a grenadine in quite a while.
These are the only solid ties I'm interested in right now. Would like a mogador solid or two, as well, because mogador is beautiful, but my only example of it is a difficult stripe.post #10900 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:44ampost #10901 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:44ampost #10902 of 1260311/4/13 at 7:55amQuote:
I have a solid wool which is kind of challis-like, and it's great.
If tussah is shantung, then I'd rather have a semi-solid (different colors in warp and weft, which I know I've seen) than a pure solid.
I own a wine red satin, but I'd rather not wear one in the evening it. (though I don't really dress for the evening).
Edited by YRR92 - 11/4/13 at 8:21ampost #10903 of 1260311/4/13 at 8:00amYou mean you'd wear it during the day?
Satins I only like if very dark...dark brown, midnight blue, black...and in the evening.
Tussah is kinda like shantung but not exactly: http://dieworkwear.com/post/50021621387/raw-silk-explained
Tussah is softer and looser than shantung. I like both.post #10904 of 1260311/4/13 at 8:29am
Oops, sent that out half-done. Satin as daywear is a distinct no-go-zone. What I meant to say is that I don't really treat getting dressed to do something in the evening that differently to going out to do something during the day. I'm going out in the evening? Odds are a sportcoat with tie is the upper limit of formality -- so wearing a satin tie, white FC shirt, and black shoes would be a bit silly. Even if it's an occasion where a suit would be appropriate, I'm tempted to dress a tiny bit down -- there will be so many people in black suits, white shirts, and shiny ties that a repp or a print would be an elegant understatement.
A dark brown satin tie could be fun, if I could bring myself to do brown tie/black shoes (though black tie / brown shoes is a-okay).
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 seconds ago
- › Fatty to Meathead (PICS) 41 seconds ago
- › Levi's Capital E Slim Straights Sz 31 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Poll: Friday Challenge 19TH September 2014: Brown tie without a... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Huntsman British Warm in heavy Melton 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 3 minutes ago
- › FS: BNWT Steven Alan Lightweight Denim Pant Size 32 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...