Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 727
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10892 of 1398111/4/13 at 6:56ampost #10893 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:09amTry the block stripes, I like those a little better. For instance:
http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_30&products_id=1098post #10894 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:17ampost #10895 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:25ampost #10896 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:31ampost #10897 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:32ampost #10898 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:34ampost #10899 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:42amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
I'm kind of down on solid ties at the moment for whatever reason. I'm sure it will pass. But the only ones I've worn recently are my knits and the more variegated cashmeres and wools, which I'm not sure really count as solid anyway. I haven't worn a grenadine in quite a while.
These are the only solid ties I'm interested in right now. Would like a mogador solid or two, as well, because mogador is beautiful, but my only example of it is a difficult stripe.post #10900 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:44ampost #10901 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:44ampost #10902 of 1398111/4/13 at 7:55amQuote:
I have a solid wool which is kind of challis-like, and it's great.
If tussah is shantung, then I'd rather have a semi-solid (different colors in warp and weft, which I know I've seen) than a pure solid.
I own a wine red satin, but I'd rather not wear one in the evening it. (though I don't really dress for the evening).
Edited by YRR92 - 11/4/13 at 8:21ampost #10903 of 1398111/4/13 at 8:00amYou mean you'd wear it during the day?
Satins I only like if very dark...dark brown, midnight blue, black...and in the evening.
Tussah is kinda like shantung but not exactly: http://dieworkwear.com/post/50021621387/raw-silk-explained
Tussah is softer and looser than shantung. I like both.post #10904 of 1398111/4/13 at 8:29am
Oops, sent that out half-done. Satin as daywear is a distinct no-go-zone. What I meant to say is that I don't really treat getting dressed to do something in the evening that differently to going out to do something during the day. I'm going out in the evening? Odds are a sportcoat with tie is the upper limit of formality -- so wearing a satin tie, white FC shirt, and black shoes would be a bit silly. Even if it's an occasion where a suit would be appropriate, I'm tempted to dress a tiny bit down -- there will be so many people in black suits, white shirts, and shiny ties that a repp or a print would be an elegant understatement.
A dark brown satin tie could be fun, if I could bring myself to do brown tie/black shoes (though black tie / brown shoes is a-okay).
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Obat aborsi,obat telat bulan,Cytotec pil cs:081240680006 PIN:2B504586 31 seconds ago
- › Short sleeve dress shirts, are they ever ok? 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 1 minute ago
- › YET MORE TWEEDS! RARE Harris Tweeds, MADE IN ITALY Brooks Bros. 3/2... 1 minute ago
- › Obat aborsi,obat telat bulan,Cytotec pil cs:081240680006 PIN:2B504586 1 minute ago
- › Obat aborsi,obat telat bulan,Cytotec pil cs:081240680006 PIN:2B504586 2 minutes ago
- › Sz 15 and 15 1/2 Shirts ****BB Slim Non-Iron, BB Extra Slim... 3 minutes ago
- › Obat aborsi,obat telat bulan,Cytotec pil cs:081240680006 PIN:2B504586 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread 4 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...