Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:38 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 4/17/15 at 7:43pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 727
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10892 of 1390811/4/13 at 6:56ampost #10893 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:09amTry the block stripes, I like those a little better. For instance:
http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_30&products_id=1098post #10894 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:17ampost #10895 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:25ampost #10896 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:31ampost #10897 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:32ampost #10898 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:34ampost #10899 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:42amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
I'm kind of down on solid ties at the moment for whatever reason. I'm sure it will pass. But the only ones I've worn recently are my knits and the more variegated cashmeres and wools, which I'm not sure really count as solid anyway. I haven't worn a grenadine in quite a while.
These are the only solid ties I'm interested in right now. Would like a mogador solid or two, as well, because mogador is beautiful, but my only example of it is a difficult stripe.post #10900 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:44ampost #10901 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:44ampost #10902 of 1390811/4/13 at 7:55amQuote:
I have a solid wool which is kind of challis-like, and it's great.
If tussah is shantung, then I'd rather have a semi-solid (different colors in warp and weft, which I know I've seen) than a pure solid.
I own a wine red satin, but I'd rather not wear one in the evening it. (though I don't really dress for the evening).
Edited by YRR92 - 11/4/13 at 8:21ampost #10903 of 1390811/4/13 at 8:00amYou mean you'd wear it during the day?
Satins I only like if very dark...dark brown, midnight blue, black...and in the evening.
Tussah is kinda like shantung but not exactly: http://dieworkwear.com/post/50021621387/raw-silk-explained
Tussah is softer and looser than shantung. I like both.post #10904 of 1390811/4/13 at 8:29am
Oops, sent that out half-done. Satin as daywear is a distinct no-go-zone. What I meant to say is that I don't really treat getting dressed to do something in the evening that differently to going out to do something during the day. I'm going out in the evening? Odds are a sportcoat with tie is the upper limit of formality -- so wearing a satin tie, white FC shirt, and black shoes would be a bit silly. Even if it's an occasion where a suit would be appropriate, I'm tempted to dress a tiny bit down -- there will be so many people in black suits, white shirts, and shiny ties that a repp or a print would be an elegant understatement.
A dark brown satin tie could be fun, if I could bring myself to do brown tie/black shoes (though black tie / brown shoes is a-okay).
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 seconds ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 47 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 14 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 23 minutes ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 26 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan